Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Need a new plane, want it to be FAST!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Need a new plane, want it to be FAST!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 06:52 PM
PigMan Buggerus
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new plane, want it to be FAST!

Try this:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZ596&P=7

I believe Tower will ship to Europe. As far as a distributor in Europe, I have no idea.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Need a new plane, want it to be FAST!

Stry...

Why don't you try a pipe from Weston UK?
Their Genesis line of pipes is pretty high quality and the finish is brilliant.

They're about the same price as Macs I think, but you'll save a bunch on shipping costs...

The choice is a little more limited compared to Macs Products, but I'm sure they have a suitable pipe for every sport application...

Also, Just Engines in Great Brittain carries A LOT of exhausts and pipes, but I don't know about their quality. They carry Genesis clones and stuff like that...
Old 10-09-2003, 05:06 PM
no1speshal
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Need a new plane, want it to be FAST!

PigMan,
I have a Predator 500 with an OS .46LA. It is faster that all hell! I bought it ARF and it took me a night or maybe two to put it together. Ailerons, and a V-tail stab does some pretty amazing stuff. I don't really taxi it or anything, it rolls for about ten feet and goes verticle. It does not roll very quickly, but it will turn faster than you are ready for! As far as loops, I did one at full speed in about five feet of space! The V-tail is super responsive and incredibly fast. I like the airplane, but it is an adrenaline rush to say the least!
I don't know if you have already got an airplane or not, but if you are still looking, Tower has it for 119.00. Let me know!

Redman
Old 10-09-2003, 06:50 PM
BAGOSTIX
My Feedback: (178)

if you want the biggest bang for the buck try a whiplash www.acmproductinfo.com $169.00 with a 46FX at least 150 mph takes about 2 hours to build.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:00 PM
David Cutler

Just out of interest and in then interest of saving money (!) are you are still at the trainer stage? If so, you definitely don't want a Shrike just yet.

They are difficult to hand launch, fly and land unless you have a lot of experience with a fast low wing plane.

-David C.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:49 AM
PigMan Buggerus

I think I am going to go with a whiplash. I have been flying for about a year, did a ton of flying this summer, mostly areobatic stuff on a cap 232 sport from kangke. I had an avistar that put a tuned pipe on, so for a while imagine that I had the fastest trainer around. A guy who flys jets said it was probably going about 70-80 MPH. never had a structural failure or flutter once. The Avistar is a great plane. So anyway, I am sure it is going to be quite a bit different flying something fast, but I think I can handle it. I will start off with a lower pitch longer prop to give plenty of thrust, then get into the higher pitch shorter props after I get a feel for the airplane.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:17 PM
SSAN

ORIGINAL: BAGOSTIX

if you want the biggest bang for the buck try a whiplash www.acmproductinfo.com $169.00 with a 46FX at least 150 mph takes about 2 hours to build.
Rick,

I don't mean to come of the wrong way, but it's going to take more power than a 46FX in order to get to 150mph. Not even with a Q40 plane (which is the cleanest) that a 46FX will pull close to 150mph unless it was modified. In reality, it's more like 120mph on level flight.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:21 PM
no1speshal

How fast is fast and why? My little Predator 500 goes stinking fast and I am not sure why I would want to go any faster. Are you trying to get into racing? Do you just want to go fast and nothing else? Or are you wanting to get into pylon racing? If you want to get into pylon racing, there are plenty of forums for that. I am just kind of wondering what you are going to do with that much speed.

Red
Old 10-10-2003, 03:49 PM
PigMan Buggerus

I plan on going very very fast with that much speed. And no, I don't want to get into Pylon. I just want a fast plane.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:50 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: no1speshal

How fast is fast and why? My little Predator 500 goes stinking fast and I am not sure why I would want to go any faster

Red
You just answered you own question, Red. The Predator is fast to you, so that's fast enough. Some of us like to go a little faster,so we try a few different plane/engine combos. We may find one that's fast enough for us, we may not. Also, racing is surely a great sport, many people enjoy it, but simply going fast is plenty enough sport for many of us without the confines of a racing environment.

Having fun is why I do it, and I think many others do it for the same reason.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:52 PM
no1speshal

OK. I understand. I guess I am not as good a pilot as others out there. Actually, I KNOW I am not as good a pilot as you all are. I am still just learning.

Sorry if I offended anybody. I was just trying to help.

Redman
Old 10-10-2003, 03:56 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: no1speshal

Are you trying to get into racing? Do you just want to go fast and nothing else? Or are you wanting to get into pylon racing? If you want to get into pylon racing, there are plenty of forums for that. I am just kind of wondering what you are going to do with that much speed.

Red
Dang, hit reply before I finished last post. Red, if he was getting into Pylon Racing, I don't think he would have picked a Whiplash. As far as I know the Whiplash isn't a legal plane in any Pylon Racing class. There are indeed plenty of forums dedicated to Pylon Racing, but only one dedicated to going fast for no other reason than to go fast...this one. I'd say he picked the correct forum.