RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Diamond Dust RC? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/11129888-diamond-dust-rc.html)

kirkster2003 06-24-2012 10:05 AM

Diamond Dust RC?

Is Diamond Dust RC still in business? Is the Screamin Demon a better delta wing? I need to put my West 50 V1 in something.

combatpigg 06-24-2012 07:20 PM

RE: Diamond Dust RC?

1 Attachment(s)
If you can not come up with either a DD or SD kit, they are pretty easy to build from scratch.
There should be enough build threads to give you an inside look at the anatomy of either design. They are both very good planes that will repay your efforts with lots of fun.

iron eagel 06-28-2012 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
CP right your probably better off scratch building a plane, here is one he recommended if you should look at this thread if you want a fast plane it has a PDF of the design on the first page.
As far as anybody knows the kits are no longer available and quite a few have tried to see if there was a possibility of getting one. The Original poster of the thread (the designer) sold the rights to production, so he is no longer involved with Mikes R/C.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6034143/tm.htm

kirkster2003 07-01-2012 05:05 AM

Okay, I'm stupid, so how do I get the pdf file to be full size plans?

Crazy4Flight 07-01-2012 06:53 AM

not stupid, uneducated!

best bet to take PDF file to a place like Staples and have them print it out on the big plotter.

your printer at home may scale to fit,
and you need the rib patterns to be full size.

bob

iron eagel 07-01-2012 07:15 AM

Just take it to a printer like Bob said and have them output it full size, no big deal.

lfinney 07-01-2012 09:57 PM

kinkos can print large format from file too

kirkster2003 07-02-2012 07:44 AM

Cool, thanks for the help.

iron eagel 07-02-2012 07:57 AM

The thread link I posted has a lot of build information as well.

Fanni0124 10-17-2012 05:42 PM

<span id="result_box" class="short_text" lang="en"><span class="hps"> </span></span><span id="kt"><span id="kt"><span id="kt"><span id="result_box" lang="en"><span class="hps">Dear</span> <span class="hps">sir</span><span>.</span></span></span></span></span><span id="result_box" class="short_text" lang="en"><span class="hps"> I ask</span> <span class="hps">for your help! </span></span><span id="result_box" lang="en"><span class="hps">Screamin</span> <span class="hps">Demon</span> <span class="hps">build</span><span>, but</span> <span class="hps">I do not know</span> <span class="hps">where to</span> <span class="hps">put the</span> <span class="hps">receiver</span> <span class="hps">battery!?</span></span><span id="result_box" class="short_text" lang="en"><span class="hps"> </span></span><span id="result_box" class="short_text" lang="en"><span class="hps">Could you</span> <span class="hps">send a</span> <span class="hps">picture of it?
</span></span><span id="kt"><span id="kt"><span id="kt"><span id="result_box" lang="en"><span>Thank you in advance for the assistance of .</span></span></span></span></span>
<span class="info"> </span>

DaScrew 11-02-2012 06:56 PM

Screw-In

The Diamond Dust are no more. I believe Jeff Gilbert Sr. passed away, and his son Jeff Gilbert Jr. was having the DD sold through a company called Tetrecam Inc. as I understand it. Trectracam was the last co. that I am aware of selling the kits and I guess they sold out. Tetrecam is no longer offering the model for sale, and Diamond Dust RC is not responsive at all. Couldn't even send them an email.

The Diamond Dust is not hard to build. The Manual is still online at the Diamond Dust RC webpage. I have a plans set I would be happy to send you (Send me a PM).

Screw-Out

n8rloves2fly 05-27-2014 06:19 PM

Looking for DD parts or kit or file for Kinkos,or anything? Photo copy?