RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Where's the best place to sell speed stuff? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/1137842-wheres-best-place-sell-speed-stuff.html)

aarcguy 09-15-2003 09:33 AM

Where's the best place to sell speed stuff?

Last year I started to build a Whiplash but unfortunately both fields I fly at are having neighbor problems. A speed plane may be too much for them right now. When I do something I go all out or I don’t do it at all, so I’ve decided to sell my speed stuff. Where is the best place to sell it? RCUniverse? EBay? Are there other places or sites? I’m looking for opinions. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Razor-RCU 09-15-2003 04:48 PM

RE: Where's the best place to sell speed stuff?

What are you aksing for the Whip?

aarcguy 09-15-2003 08:14 PM

RE: Where's the best place to sell speed stuff?

I haven't thought about a price yet. The Whiplash is one of the earlier ones and I have modified it somewhat.
First I didn't like the leading edge of the wing. It wasn't formed right and wouldn't lend itself to a smooth airflow at high speeds. I modified it by splitting a carbon rod and installing half on each leading edge. After blending in it made a very nice leading edge.
The control surfaces were way too stiff so I removes the fiberglass attachment on the underside. I bought a roll of Graupner hinge line fairing tape, the glider guys use this, to seal this gap.
The fuel compartment is too small and would have forced me to use an offset header to get over the tank. I bought a 8 oz. Tettra bubbleless tank and modified the radio compartment to fit it. This also moved the fuel tank close to center of gravity. This worked real slick and there is enough room under the deck to fit 2 AA nicads on each side of the tank. Custom battery installation but no big deal. The receiver would be installed in the original fuel compartment.
The back servo compartments are too far inboard so I modified the deck as far as possible to move them outboard so the connecting rods have more of a straight shot at the control horns and won't interfere with the vertical stabilizers. I have two JR 8411SA servos with SWB aluminum servo arms and titanium rod ends with carbon rod for the control rods.
The engine rails were not flat so I qualified them flat and true to each other and the plane.
I would like to sell the Whiplash with all the above mentioned componants together so someone could put together one awsome speed plane. I also have a new, never run Jett FIRE BME with a factory tuned and welded tuned pipe with a counter balanced spinner and two props. Also, a new, never run Jett Super Sport .40.

What would you be interested in buying? Do you think I would do better selling everything seperate? And then back to the original question, where would be the best place? Sorry I didn't answer your question but wanted to give you more information.