RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Outlaw Delta (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/138642-outlaw-delta.html)

planecrazy101 05-20-2002 02:12 AM

Outlaw Delta

Anybody have one of these? I haven't started on mine yet. Looking for tips and suggestions. Thanks.

Cactus. 05-20-2002 08:46 AM

Outlaw Delta

1 Attachment(s)
LOVE IT!!!!! construction seams strange, but works really well, its not the slowest flying delta ever, not the fastest, but does some cool stuff, pics and video of mine at www.rcflyers.fsnet.co.uk
it can do the same high speed sudden direction change as a Dust, but without the CF, it can hit other planes at 150mph, take out their engine, wing and tailplane and leave you undamaged ( pics of that also on site ) (( got lucky :D ))
diffrent colours top and bottom are a must, and LOTS! of expo, i get in more trouble geting out of trouble than i do getting in to it :confused: :confused:
dont build it like plan for radio gear, use servo boxes for the elevons, and cut holes in the inner ribs for the throttle and rudder servo, this leaves you with pleanty of room inside for the RX and moving the batt about.
this delta wont disapoint you :D

Cactus. 05-20-2002 06:07 PM

Outlaw Delta

1 Attachment(s)
I had the lid off today, so i thought i'd snap you all a pic at the same time.
The compartment at the back was for the batt, but the first flights showed i didnt need it that far back.
Lots of room inside compared to what i'd imagine if the servos were'nt rib mounted.
That Solarfilm of mine didnt like sun or the oil in my fuel :(

Rocket 05-21-2002 10:04 AM

t bone

it can hit other planes at 150mph, take out their engine, wing and tailplane and leave you undamaged

sounds like the old straw through the potato trick. RR

Cactus. 05-21-2002 12:36 PM

Outlaw Delta

must be so old i never heard of it lol
I was going along, suddenly seen another plane and banked hard right, they hit, MASSIVE bang both planes wobbled, mine seamed out of trim, i wanted to land quick coz if you loose an elevon your dead, i realised i had full control, the other plane carried on straight and level dead stick, we came in like jets at heathrow stacked behind each other.
you can see from the pics at the rcflyers web site, and now alos my photo gallery i burried my 1/8th balsa 1/32ply laminate tip deep in his foam wing, only the piano wire for the undercarrage stoped it at which point it detached cleanly from my wing, it hit the elevon but the hinges are screwed though the elevon and TE. his prop made the small hole and i returned the favour by breaking his firewall and just to add insult to injury i had half his tail and elevator on the way out, lucky his horn was on the other side.
i missed hitting the the rest of the plane by just a few inch, and it was probably only my bank that stoped a dead on impact.
it was all luck, and im glad i've still got my Outlaw to play with :D