RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Balsa USA enforcer (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/1663087-balsa-usa-enforcer.html)

livinabox 04-07-2004 07:13 PM

RE: Balsa USA enforcer

I cant understand why peeps are knocking the 91fx.....its an awsome engine and pulls like a train[:o]

AirGar 04-07-2004 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: livinabox

I cant understand why peeps are knocking the 91fx.....its an awsome engine and pulls like a train[:o]
I'd say about 35% of the 91FX's sold were lemons. (See there, I didn't say ALL! ;) ) If you got a good one...GREAT!! I for one, have sworn off OS Engines (and I've had plenty of them) until they get their "Quality Control" back in order.

Enuff of dat....that's not what this thread is about. :D

Hopefully, you guys won't have to wait too long for your LHS to get some Enforcer kits!

If ya have a smaller displacement motor (46) sittin' around lookin' for a home, DO take a look at the Balsa USA Force One! I wouldn't steer ya wrong! ;)

Gary

livinabox 04-07-2004 09:15 PM

There is a 46 sitting in my magnum.....no i cant can i
or can i ? :D

Razor-RCU 04-07-2004 10:34 PM

The 91 has had more complaints than any other engine I have seen- (Good for you if you got a good one-)

Gary: That force-one is just UGLY!

When is El Mirage III?

siclick33 04-08-2004 04:44 PM

Turns out the hobby shop had them all the time!

My new Enforcer gets delivered next week and I can't wait.

NM_Mark 04-08-2004 05:05 PM

OK...another quick questions about this plane...

I have a friend who is selling one of these, and I have an OS 91 Ducted fan motor, Dynomax fan unit, and pipe sitting around gathering dust...think this would be a good combo???

Be kind to me, I normally fly 3D, but do feel the need for speed:D:D:D

Mark

livinabox 04-08-2004 06:37 PM

Dynamax are highly rated in my club.

Nothing but thinking will make it so (sheakspear)

livinabox 04-10-2004 05:48 PM

i will phone for one aswell ;)
One question for you guys is that the "preditor"
iv seen is nothing like the one some 15 years ago
which is a dead ringer of the enforcer. so whats going on?

Any pictures of the preditor i could do with to confirm.

cheers n beers Steve.

Razor-RCU 04-10-2004 11:37 PM

NM_ Mark: The Enforcer is pretty popular for DF conversion--- most use a Byronhead OS-91, pusher> (Byro-Enforcer)

I have not seen one equipped with the Dynamax or Ramtec.... both usually run much faster than the Byro- I don't see why it wouldn't work but I am not the sharpest guy in here- [X(]

livinabox 04-11-2004 07:20 PM

SO WHATS IN THE BOX GUYS..yep i was shouting but hate 4000 bits to build summit a few feet wide.
Is it a quick build?

after 32 years of cuttin ribs and stuff i go cold turkey very quick if it aint coming together fast.
Also still wondering if the "Jett" is worth the tax and hassle.

livinabox 04-14-2004 09:17 AM

Has the Easter weekend fried every ones brain?

No answers for a long time [:o] (N)

siclick33 04-14-2004 12:27 PM

I just got my kit.

There are loads of strips of balsa. I don't know how all those little bits will make me a plane. It does look like it will go together fairly quickly. It's no ARTF though!

Having looked at the plans I now have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I know some people have converted it to elevons. Any details? What control throws do you use if you do this?

Secondly, The plan calls for a 14 inch prop. I don't though if that was for the four stroker but it's a bit excessive for my ST61. What size props have you used on 61 size engines (if you know the best prop for the ST 61 even better).

I'm sure there will be more questions. I'm off to buy a bigger building board!

livinabox 04-14-2004 01:38 PM

And just to add salt to the wound .........its a pusher prop you need

yep thought of that as i ordered mine yesterday ....APC im sure will have one

I really hope they have one!!! or im, gonna be well hacked off [:@]

siclick33 04-14-2004 01:56 PM

Inwood models have pusher props on their website. I think they have a Graupner 11x8. I'm thinking of trying that.

tjay88 04-14-2004 05:06 PM

If anyone else in the UK wants one, I have one for sale. Brand new and in the box.
The thing I don't have at the moment is the time!

Regards,
Tony

livinabox 04-16-2004 08:13 AM

Ok guys: i want some colour scheem ideas for when mine needs covering.
Can any of you send me some (actually loads) of piccys for some input.

To copy is not plegerism its just research :D;)
Do i need to ask if its ok to put my other email add on here?
I never read the rules...cos no one else does

livinabox 04-16-2004 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well its here and its not so bad as i thought but lots of wood.
It says on the box it will climb straight up on a 61.....hmm
at 6 pounds i doubt it. Can anyone confirm?

livinabox 04-19-2004 05:42 AM

PROBLEM PROBLEM.....aaaaaHHHH!!!! Theres a major part missing in the box (now iv gone and started it)
Its the lite ply former which is about a meter long and 110m/m wide.
This is part of the fuzz but what bothers me is that its 2.75 m/m thick as i measured with a mic.
The instructions say its 1/8th but no way and where the hell do i get ply this thick in the uk?[:@]

siclick33 04-19-2004 08:54 AM

Balsa USA has a guarantee that it will replace all missing parts.

If you purchased new then I would contact the shop and ask for a replacement. If you can't get it then what is wrong with 1/8? You shouldn't have any problems getting hold of it.

livinabox 04-19-2004 05:15 PM

I phoned the shop and they said the boxes are sealed so no one can pinch stuff...oh great.
they also said to pay a trip to B&Q and send a reciept. B&Q do 6mm at the smallest from what i could see. Local idiot in model shop theres no such thing as 2.7mm. Hello sir im a toolmaker by trade and can read a mic. Ill get there but do i get hacked off when this sort of thing happens. That cold turkey feelin is allready here[:@]

mobileraptor 04-19-2004 09:24 PM

Just a hint of what you can do with an enforcer

http://home.mchsi.com/~evonjsmith/ws...0/site1071.jpg

livinabox 04-20-2004 02:58 AM

Oh very nice .....send more guys i want some ideas.
I assume thats the ducted version and they all seem to have the same set up.
Is it this dynamax gear im seeing and how is the shroud done? is it 1/16" ply just wrapped over.
And the obvious question is do you just fill the wing gap in with thin balsa or leave it as it is?

love it :D

siclick33 04-20-2004 03:03 AM

I have mentioned this site before as it is a favourite of mine.

www.inwoodmodels.co.uk

They have 1/8 (3mm) Birch Ply and Lite Ply that will be suitable for your purpose. All model shops should have 1/8 and this should be fine.

Any more info from anyone regarding their elevon setup or has everybody used the stock elevator and aileron method?

livinabox 04-20-2004 03:07 AM

i can relate to that as the "Lazor arrow and Balsa craft Rapier have the option of doing either.
Its safer to do it the hard way as if you use elevons and one servo goes then youv got nothing.
If youv got both then at least you have 50% of steering to get you out of trouble.

Do it the hard way id say.

mobileraptor 04-20-2004 07:36 PM

Here's some reading and some pictures for you

http://members.cox.net/jluptonjets/r...techniques.htm