RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Outlaw (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/174196-outlaw.html)

scottie2hottie 06-25-2002 05:00 PM

Outlaw

I am a member of the Mansfield R/C society which puts on a large R/C show every fathers day weekend in Shelby Ohio. One of our guest pilots brought in a model with the name "outlaw" it's a new delta kit with large control surfaces. I talk to the owner and he told me I could purchase it through E-squared, but I can't find any information on the kit or this E-squared company. :confused: Does anyone know where I could find one of these?

bhall01 06-25-2002 05:17 PM

Off by a "power"

Scottie - you're close, just off by a 'power'. It's not "E-squared", it's "E-cubed" - here's their web-address:

http://www.ecubedrc.com/kits.htm

The Outlaw kit is a 'short kit' - you get the plans, a set of laser-cut ribs, and a laser-cut firewall. I picked one up at the Joe Nall fly-in... plan on building it later this summer once I catch up a a couple of other projects.

Amazing flying little plane! Good luck!

BJH

fast_bro 06-29-2002 07:17 PM

ARF

One of the guys that I fly with is building, covering white and then selling if you are interested let me know. He built mine but I covered it. Got a OS 32 on mine most people put Weber 32. He will just cover it white so that you could stripe it as you please.

ZERODOWN 06-29-2002 08:10 PM

Outlaw

I'm interested what's the price?

jlong34016 07-09-2002 12:06 PM

outlaw

Got the short kit today. Not much here. Looks like alot of work to build compared to diamond dust. I built dust in 3 hours. This plane is going to take me three hours to figure out what parts i need and go get them. Its listed at 46 oz. flying weight. My dust is only 49 oz and thats with a jett fire 60 and 1100 mah pack for balance. Bottom line is there is no way im going to find the time to build this thing. I will build a second dust for the os 32 i bought for this plane. I contacted the person who is selling them prebuilt and covered. Hes asking 155. At the time i thought it was unreasonably high but now that i see what is involved it is very reasonable. Wish i had gone that route instead. Have a whiplash on backorder. Will give comparison on it when it arrives. Bottom line is its going to be hard to beat the dust for price, building ease, performance, flying.

evan-RCU 07-09-2002 12:52 PM

Outlaw

Performance is two fold, the Dust is faster but nothing beats the Outlaw for fun, roll rate, snaps, spins, and flyability are what the Outlaw is about, though it is a bit slower than the Dust.

wagas 07-09-2002 02:09 PM

Just finished mine!

1 Attachment(s)
I love mine. My pop and I started a pair of Outlaws last week before last friday and we test flew them this past saturday. The airplane is a little wierd to build and you need some imagination depending how you want to install the radio gear. I used a OS 40LA with 9/6 prop. The 40 flies it but I can see where a lite engine would be best. My pop put an old os 40 SX and weighed like a tank but flew better than mine. Landing was a little hot of course. I've never flown a Dust so I can't say anything about them. I like my little outlaw. I already want to go out and buy a webra 32 and pipe it. Put smaller servos and a lighter battery in it. I'll post a pic of mine tonight or tommorrow. Fun little airplane. Still getting use to a smaller faster airplane as this is my first of this kind.

AKMac 07-10-2002 06:00 AM

Outlaw

:cool:

http://www.ros********.com/video/mem...rt%20delta.wmv

http://www.ros********.com/video/mem...%20landing.wmv

After I seen that top video I just new I had to have one of these (and a dust too) I just haven't gotten around to buying or building either.

Cactus. 07-10-2002 03:47 PM

Outlaw

vids and pics of mine at www.rcflyers.fsnet.co.uk
i love mine, Magnum 36 + mini pipe, its fast, but the other day i put on a Master 11x4, and now i can prophang it and tail touch in an uncontrolable kinda way, just save it with power before it falls over. the Dust is a good plane, VERY good, but the Outlaw is a nutter, flat spins snapped from 150mph+ low passes.
the build is easy, i cut my kit from a plan, and it still only took two days. you have large TE and LE blocks, with the center lines drawn on, line the ribs up, building it in a frame to keep it all straight, then cut away the frame after sheeting. as for radio install. i wing mounted the elevon servos, and then cut away the centre ribs for the throttle and rudder, leaving a clear radio bay for RX and batt.
Its a strong plane, i hit a Ganster and left my tip in his wing, plus took out his tail plane on the way though, no other damage to me

jlong34016 07-13-2002 11:44 PM

short kit

does anyone have a parts list or do i just look around on the plans for each piece i need. This is as close to scratch built as i have done.

Cactus. 07-14-2002 05:17 PM

Outlaw

i built from plan, so you can find all the ribs, and engine mount on it, also the rudder details. but it helps if you know how to build from plans, and also funfly wing construction

Fly4Fun2 07-25-2002 02:08 AM

control throws?

What control throws are you guys using for the Outlaw. I know the high rates should be as much as possible, but what about low rates and normal flying?

Thanks -

Cactus. 07-25-2002 03:30 PM

Outlaw

low rates???????? :confused: :confused: :confused: ???????????
i've not been using them since some *$*%$** broke the selection switch, i wish i had them on this one, them maybe the Quickie slot at our display at the weekend wouldnt be such a knee knocker, but how many planes can keep up with 90% of the others and then prop hang :D