RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Whiplash ready for the flightline (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/194384-whiplash-ready-flightline.html)

BigD 07-13-2002 02:42 AM

Whiplash ready for the flightline

:cool:

Down here in the sunny Caribbean this Whiplash is ready for flight this weekend. Hopefully it won't fly out to sea!....Btw Rick, is that Spiderman Airbrush available or was that a one of a kind custom job?...

Wish me luck!....

Flipper 07-13-2002 11:57 AM

You lucky dog! Good luck on the first flight. I can't wait until they are for sale again. If you loose it call me I can bring the scuba gear and take at least a week to help you find it! hehehe

visioneer_one 07-15-2002 05:53 PM

Don, we're going to have to put some grass down on the field so you can land that thing!

Give me a call if you'll be bringing it out before next Sunday.

BAGOSTIX 07-21-2002 11:46 PM

grass not needed

fyi because the whiplash has a kevlar reinforced skid plate, there is a product that has a sticky back and is a skuff proof material, its light and can be put on the bottom of the whiplash and it will protect the paint, but as far as landing on any surface is concerned, the whiplash can land on anything and the worse that will happen is scratches on the skid plate, it will never break..

I've heard of a guy that put a small wheel on the skid plate and put some of this protectant on the wing tips and lands on asphalt all the time... I'll see if I can get his name and also I'll get the products name too.

BAGOSTIX 07-27-2002 04:49 PM

D

get a chance to fly the whiplash yet?

ZERODOWN 07-28-2002 01:26 AM

I have 30 flights so far. Right now the dd at the field can not hang with me. I think I'm going to take a 4x8 1 1/2 thick sheet of styrofoam and stand it up in the middle of the field with a stand and try to fly thru it. This should be fun. Rick how is my order coming I'm tired of the fellas bugging me. They are so jealous.

BAGOSTIX 07-28-2002 01:46 AM

you're up

the order is up on the board, you beez next up... forget the styrofoam, try a 1/2" sheet of plywood, the whiplash should take it... better yet, let the DD do a 45 degree upline, and you go thru the DD... :stupid:

mvigod 07-30-2002 04:12 PM

Re: you're up

Originally posted by BAGOSTIX
the order is up on the board, you beez next up... forget the styrofoam, try a 1/2" sheet of plywood, the whiplash should take it... better yet, let the DD do a 45 degree upline, and you go thru the DD... :stupid:
this brings up an interesting thought...if the Whiplash ever collided at low or high speed into another plane (not another whiplash) what would the likely outcome be? If the whiplash didn't smash into the motor but rather a foam wing or built up structure would it just go right through it unscathed? What if it hit head on and part of the Whiplash hit the prop/motor of the oncoming aircraft? Just theories of course wanted as I don't know if anybody has tested a midair yet :confused:

BAGOSTIX 07-30-2002 04:22 PM

whiplash crash test

actually the whiplash would probably go straight through without missing a beat, of course you may loose a prop on the whiplash, but the airframe would be fine, remember, it survived a 150 mph nose dive into the lair of the turf gods and could have flown again.
:cool:

Flipper 07-30-2002 05:55 PM

Sounds like my kind of plane! Any word when they will be on the market again? Got the digital servos and everything waiting.