RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   webra 50gt (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/2134802-webra-50gt.html)

snaproll38 08-31-2004 01:21 PM

webra 50gt

i bought a great planes viper 500 i dont plan on racing a circut but will a webra 50 gt with an ultrathrust muffler work on it and what fuel should i use

Razor-RCU 08-31-2004 02:00 PM

RE: webra 50gt

The Webra is a great choice due to its light weight- I would run a 9x8 apc and 5% nitro---

Keep us posted!

bob27s 08-31-2004 03:01 PM

The engine and exhaust combination will work just fine.

Prop and fuel as Razor noted. Either the ultrasport muffler or similar jettstream muffler will require the engine to run up over 15K rpm. Preferably above 16K rpm. Prop it accordingly.

Enjoy

Bob

Razor-RCU 08-31-2004 05:42 PM

With stock muffler my 50GT was turning an apc 9x8 at 16.2K not fulle peaked on 5%- (can't remember the plug--)

The Jett or UT muff. will increase that ;)

bob27s 09-01-2004 08:20 AM

on the old Webra 40 Q-500 engines, we kept those turning over 17.5K most of the time. On a good day it would hit 18K with the racing 8.75x7.75

Id have no doubt the Webra 50 would enjoy running above 17K (the real sweet spot for the jettstream).

Q-Ball 09-03-2004 08:53 PM

I bought this Webra 50 at a swap meet flyin for $40.Figured it was a piece of junk but to my surprise it's a fine running hoss. Don't know if it's a Speed 50 or what.All it says is Webra.It does have the Dynamix carb (slide body). How do I tell what I got. I do know that it turns a 10X6 @ 16,500.Haven't tried the nines yet.I have an 8.75X8.75 on my Jet 50 and will try it on the Webra.
My main question is the Nitro.Yall saying 5%.Is that what Webra recommends.I've been running 10 and 15.
It'll work great on the Viper.Anything will work on the Viper some a lot better than others.
I will say that the Jet 50 on a Viper and eight inch prop with 15% Powermaster works really well. I wanted to try the racing muffler that Dub sells,but $65?? Not rite now...

Good to see you again Razor.

Later
Walt

Razor-RCU 09-04-2004 12:13 PM

Walt- Hows it goin'? Glad to see you posting... Where have you been?

I run 5% automatically if the engine is European- I just found a jug of 5% at the local "Chain" and the kid said Whats the 5% for? (after the purchase-) Well....

Irvine
Webra
Rossi
Moki

Amazing he had no idea--

ANy new projects Q?

Q-Ball 09-04-2004 01:03 PM

Good to see you too Razor.
No,after the last upgrade on RCU,I couldn't do anything anymore so just gave up.For some reason I'm able to post and stuff again.Don't know why,but I'll stay as long as they let me.
Projects? I'm still messing with that Viper and Jet 50.Trying to get faster and faster.It's the fastest thing at the club rite now.The next fastest is a Predator with Rossi 45 and pipe.He comes close but I can inch him out.I haven't raced it since I went to the 8.75 inch prop.It seems faster just flying it but who knows till he's out there with me racing.I'm running a 8.75X8.75 but have ordered a 8.75X9 to see the difference. I talked to Dub cuz I was leary of the 8.75 on the 50 and knew I couldn't afford another Jet,but he said to give it a try and see what happened.I'm pleased from what I see so far but the eyes can be misleading when it comes to whether something is actually faster or not. We'll see at race time.
I wanted to write you a while back but couldn't get to you. Question: Do you think $225 is too much for a built Patriot,very nice looker and mall show winner. I havent' gotten any response altho' the price seems reasonable to me.What you think??? I can send you a pix of it but don't know your email addy and can't do it from here.The plane is 225 and with A MVVS 49 and T/S,I'm asking 350...Is that too high???
How's Gary?? Haven't talked to him either lately.
Still going to Mirage??
What projects are you piddling with?? I know you got more than one thing on the board....LOL>
I won't make this too long,but it's good to get somewhat back in the groove.

Later Guy
Walt

Razor-RCU 09-04-2004 02:03 PM

Wow! Great for you! Beating a piped Rossi is no easy task, butyou will do it REGULARLY with the Jett-50 ;)

There is another great guy on the board his name is Bob Brasell (Bob27) he works for Jett and is supernice and super knowledgeable--- keep an eye out for his info.

You selling a Patriot? What is a T/S? If it has retracts installed you are making that a great deal- most will pay that (if not more-) to not have to build one of those! I have 2 now (1 kit 1 ARF) that I am "piddling" with, the arf has a Webra-50GT and apc 9x8 no maiden yet, the other I got off E-Bay has an OS-50SX Tower muff. apc 10x8 flies real well!

I bought a used Jett-50 in the swap-shop, bad news is it is fried so I have to send it to Dubb
[:o]

Send me the pics @

[email protected][link]http://[email protected][/link]