RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Am I out of line!??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/2357365-am-i-out-line.html)

LGM Graphix 11-19-2004 12:27 AM

Am I out of line!???

After a rather lame comment posted in a for sale ad with my whiplash I wonder if I'm out of line. You guys know what a whip is worth. I'm asking $700 for mine with a West 50VI, custom wrap around header and pipe, digital servo's, receiver, basically everything but the transmitter.
I know it's high, but it's over $400 less than what I've got into it. If it doesn't sell I don't really care, but it's not out of line for a Whip is it? ACM doesn't have the airbrushed whips anymore as far as I know, but the kits were like $325 just for an airbrushed whip. The custom header and pipe were not give aways to me, the engine although not nelson priced is still not a really cheap engine, digital servo's aren't give away items, I don't think I'm being unreasonable.
One of the only reasons I want to sell it is our club recently enforced a pretty strict noise bylaw and I don't make it anymore with this airplane, my magnum, or my jets.
Just looking for some thoughts on this one.
Am I out of line, or was the person who posted in my ad just being an outright @$$?

Rudeboy 11-19-2004 01:02 AM

RE: Am I out of line!???

It was probably an outright ***** that didn't know the price of an airbrushed whip... or a West engine...
Personally I am surprised that thing has been up there for so long without getting sold. Perhaps the West isn't known well enough in the States... I bet it would have gone out ages ago if it had a Jett FIRE 50 on it...

Hang in there.

Razor-RCU 11-19-2004 01:52 AM

Definitely an arse- ;)

I too, am surprised it has not sold more quickly.... As you noted the components are worth ALOT more than the asking price-

I have no doubt that the West-50 set-up by Jeremy is comparable to a Jett fire-50, and worth as much also with the custom header/pipe you mentioned-

Digi's are expensive... And knowing you those are probably JR which are even more---

That price is just fine- If I could not get $700 I would just hold on to it...

My Whiplash shaker-can paint job, SJ-50 /Jett-Stream muff. Hitec-645MG and FM RX (Basically a ghetto Whip) is worth $575

Tell 'em to pound sand-

LGM Graphix 11-19-2004 02:29 AM

I didn't think I was nuts, I knew it would be a hard sell, they are expensive planes for a delta style plane, but man, I've got a small fortune tied up in this, I'm not about to give it away, maybe if I sold it airframe and engine seperately it would sell easier, I just didn't want to take it all apart, I had a JETT 50 in it, but when I got my wrap around header finally, I was getting more RPM with the same prop with the WEST50 so I swapped them, sold the JETT, got one or two flights on the whip, and the noise bylaw came into effect :(

Anyway, maybe I'll do that, I actually have some cool ideas for the west 50 if it doesn't sell, maybe I'll list just the airframe, like I said, I don't really mind not selling it anyway...

bob27s 11-19-2004 10:33 AM

Jeremy,

You are not out of line at all. Folks have gotten a bit spoiled with the 'inexpensive' ARFs that are out there today, and they have unfortunately become the standard by which price is judged.

As I tend to quote once in a while..... price is only one component of value. That is definately true in your case..... especially since your asking price is reasonable. Its value is far above that.

Hang in there........ maybe get a few more photos and list it on e(ohmygod....)bay with a heafty reserve. Nothing else, you can see what it bids to.

Not long ago there was someone who sold a beautiful King Kobra on there... Jett 90, retracts, beautiflu finish, fully airworth setup. I think it went for near $700. Was definately worth that much for the airframe and engine alone. Some idiots emailed the guy offering $300 saying they could buy an ARF for less. Seller provided them with the appropriate response :)

Bob

(also, I noticed the marketplace listing was under RACING. List the plane in the general Sport and perhaps the Flying Wing sections... )

combatpigg 11-20-2004 04:03 AM

The only people you are out of line with are the bitter, jealous, wannabees who don't have a clue and can't afford to play with these toys. If you get the word out, you will get your price.

Cyclic Hardover 11-20-2004 10:03 AM

Well if you go to the Market place and do some research, you will find the guy is "KBG2104." He has had a total of 5 postings in all these months. Looking a bit further was a thread he participated in, "Crash Pictures and Discussion" regarding a Helicopter that hit a kid. His words of wisdom in the thread was "Were they able to save the helicopter?" So it's obvious this [sm=bananahead.gif] has nothing to contribute to RCU. With comments like that i am also amazed moderators have not banned him since they have done so for less than that.

Regarding your Whiplash. Personally I don't like them or own one but I do build speed planes. Other than KBG2104, people are looking for a deal and I have also found through these years, I have seen many pilots do exactly as you are doing and not get what they put into the plane-even if they never flew it! Its like computers.

You may be better off,stripping it down and sell just the plane and use the rest in something you may want to keep for a while??? I mean you have top of the line items, so why take a beating.

LGM Graphix 11-22-2004 01:03 AM

Well, guess I couldn't have been toooooo out of line, I have a good offer for what I was looking for on it now, hoping it all goes through :)