RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Wildwiz 40 ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/2408952-wildwiz-40-a.html)

Wonder 12-07-2004 12:17 AM

Wildwiz 40 ?

Does anyone have one?
Has anyone seen one?
If so what do you think of them, any good?
www.wildwiz.com

tw

robert92679 12-07-2004 10:42 AM

RE: Wildwiz 40 ?

Don't know about the Wildwiz. Is it just me, or does that look a lot like an Outlaw?

Wonder 12-07-2004 11:25 AM

Yes, although it is not identical to the Outlaw, it does look very close the same thing from the photos I have seen. I have never seen either one and they do not kit the Outlaw any more, just sell the plans. I have seen them both advertised in R/C Report, but don't know anyone that has either of them.

tw

Rocketman612 12-07-2004 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Wonder

Does anyone have one?
Has anyone seen one?
If so what do you think of them, any good?
www.wildwiz.com

tw

TW,
The Wild Wiz is a great plane. There are several at out field. The Rudder lets you do flat spins and snaps. The Outlaw wing is built with anhedral and is slightly larger. You will not be dissapointed if you add one to your hanger.

Pete

Wonder 12-17-2004 04:41 PM

Rocketman,
Thanks for the reply and the good word. Apparently no one else has heard of them as there has been no more replys.
Anyway, no more planes for me, for awhile. I just bought a new Klein road bike.
Thanks again,

tw

Rocketman612 12-17-2004 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Wonder

Rocketman,
Thanks for the reply and the good word. Apparently no one else has heard of them as there has been no more replys.
Anyway, no more planes for me, for awhile. I just bought a new Klein road bike.
Thanks again,

tw
Wonder,
Go ahead and get a kit for a winter build. Fly it in the spring. I guarantee flying one of these with a 32 or 40 will be as much fun as your bike

Happy Holidays,

Pete

Wonder 12-20-2004 02:59 PM

That was my plan, build one over winter and fly it in the spring.
The bike, at over two grand, used up all of my fun money. Maybe closer to spring I will still be able to do it.
I have an O.S..32 SX looking for a plane, thought maybe the Wild Wiz or a DD.

Thanks again,

tw

idoxlr8-RCU 12-21-2004 06:31 PM

"I have an O.S..32 SX looking for a plane, thought maybe the Wild Wiz or a DD. "

I have flown all 3 of the planes you listed - you'd like any of them.

DD is the fastest, outlaw is more fun, wild whiz is slower and easier to fly.

outlaw and whiz will Knife edge

Wonder 12-22-2004 06:25 PM

Xlr8,
Good to hear from someone who has them all. Thanks for the comparison. Sounds like I might want the Wiz to start with, then if I need more speed buy the DD.

tw

casniffer 09-01-2006 07:43 PM

Does anyone have the CG for the Wild Wiz 40?

Thanks
CASniffer

ChuckL 09-14-2006 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
CG is 8-9 inches behind the front edge of the motor mount. Here is a picture of the one I built last winter it has a norvel 25 and mouse can turning an 8X7. It's a great flying delta very close to the outlaw, but way easier to build. The other pictures are my current hanger of deltas I'm a sucker for deltas.

Julian537 10-12-2006 08:59 PM

Lets bring this article to the top for anyone interested in an outlaw.
These are still available at http://www.wildwiz.com/

brewski 04-05-2007 02:06 PM

I talked to the guy at Haslam Hobbies today about the Wild Wiz. What a great guy to deal with. I ordered the Wild Wiz 40 and it shipped within an hour. He has changed the kit from original by using dowels for the leading edge and spars. the AUW should be arounf 3lbs. with the Magnum 52 I am putting on it. This is more motor than it is calling for but I am going to try to work it out. The 52 weights the same as a 46. He said people there were seeing speeds around 130 mph with 32 sx's. That seems like alot but the frame itself only weights 12-14 ozs. I'll post as this thing comes together.

brewski 04-20-2007 07:43 PM

I maidened the WW this afternoon and "WOW"! This thing is so smooth. Roll rate is unbelievable and it is really fast. It was a real attention getter. A few are ordering deltas now. This is my first delta and now I see what the craze is all about. My hands were still shaking on the way home. The beauty of these things are how well they fly when you get out of the throttle. Great plane and also fun to build.

Strykaas 04-21-2007 04:17 AM

Brewski, did you use that .52 ?

brewski 04-21-2007 04:57 AM

No. I used the 46 with stock muffler. I have a header ordered and will probably put a mousse can on it next week. The 46 and 52 weigh the same so the 52 would be a nice fit with more power but it is on the Dominator for now. I am still breaking both of them in. I was concerned about the weight of either engine with the wiz but by using a 1100 mah 6V battery near the back the wiz balanced perfectly. I am not sure how much engine this thing would take but as it is it will leave your hand on takeoff at between 1/2-3/4 throttle. I will try to radar it today.

green river rc 05-02-2007 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had a WW (notice I said "had") and it was one of my all time favorite planes. I flew mine with a GMS .32 and it smoked! The WW .40 has no ribs, just cap strips bent over a tapered spar, it is a very tough airplane.

What happened was I was doing some full power dives and passing down the runway as fast as I could make it go when all of a sudden the rudder started fluttering and ripped off the frame. Shortly (very shortly) after that we heard a POP....the darn thing exploded in mid-air, builder error. When the tail ripped off it made huge holes in the covering and when it filled with 100+MPH air that was all she wrote!

I have since scratch built another, slightly thinner, longer and narrower, with triangle stock reinforcing the tail and it's a real hoot as well, I never go to the field without it.

Risk Haslam is from KY so I see him every now and then at fly ins and he is a real nice guy. He has designed several deltas and disk planes, give him a try. BTW the Wizz .15 sizzles as well.

phjoker 05-03-2007 09:11 PM

my order for the wildwiz was just shipped today. cant wait to get it

brewski 05-14-2007 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My buddy's wiz could not take WOT and and full right aileron. Throws were set to the max. It pulled the hinge with wood stuck to it right out of the plane. What a mess!.. He can not get another one built fast enough. These things are crazy! I had mine in a flatspin last weekend and could not get it out in time. Spun it all the way to the ground. No real damage to speak of.

PHJOKER,
When you get yours ready let me know what you think.

phjoker 05-14-2007 03:40 PM

yea I am trying I have 3 projects going at the same time right now.I have about 3/4 of it built already

Major Pain 05-14-2007 06:31 PM

Hey Brewski: Looks like your buddy converted his Wiz to Bag-O-Plane

CJP.308 05-15-2007 07:20 PM

i am the guy in the pic on brewski post. A good friend told me one time that it is better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground. No one said anthing about how to stressreleive a airplane without total destruction!

FlyingGreg 05-18-2007 01:58 PM

I have one of these as well. There is a pic of me and my Wiz on haslams web site--the purple one on page 2. Now it's yellow with a Norvel 25 and mouse can pipe. Still screams.

[email protected] 11-09-2009 07:47 PM

do you know where I can get the plans or a kit of the wild wizz 40. I have built and flown the wild wizz 15 and it is a gas.

Thanks

Jerry

Wiggy 11-09-2009 08:39 PM

http://www.wildwiz.com/order.htm

Wiggy