RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   I think I found my own christmas present ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/2442141-i-think-i-found-my-own-christmas-present.html)

bob27s 12-17-2004 09:50 AM

I think I found my own christmas present !

As soon as the Santa bills are paid off......

Im buying myself one of these!

http://www.stealthrckit.com/

F-117 prop driven

Looks real nice, and appears to be fairly well designed.

AirGar 12-17-2004 10:18 AM

RE: I think I found my own christmas present !

Looks good Bob, a bit on the high side for 40 size kit, however.

What'ja thinkin' of puttin' up front? I hear them Rossi's run pretty good. :D ;)

Did you see the "coming soon" Stealth? A 98 1/2" WS, 26" Fuse, and at 6 lbs! WOW!!

Merry Christmas to YOU! My Christmas present to myself is being shipped from Taiwan today. :D

BTW, does Dubb still offer free shipping for "cash"? I'm thinking I now *need another 50 for the plane that's coming......you know.....a New Years present for myself. LOL

Hmmmmm.....what's would be the next Holiday after New Years? HA HA

Gary

* .....like I need another hole in the head......

bob27s 12-17-2004 11:16 AM

Gary

Im irish.... I can always claim it to be a St.Patrick's day present :) That timing might work out a bit better.

Yeah, its not real inexpensive. But about in line with what Alex over at AKM sells his jets for and what other US laser cut kits seem to cost. When I was considering cutting the BD-5 kit a few years ago, it was going to be something along the lines of $200 street price. I sorta gave up on that whole project.

Idunno about the Rossi...... but I have an ASP-40 that needs a home. [8D]

Although it came to mine that perhaps one of the black racing engines might look real nice with that stealth finish

Email dub and ask for the [link=http://www.jettengineering.com/hanger/hanger.html]hangar sale list[/link]. You may find something you like on there and save a few $$.

Razor-RCU 12-17-2004 12:20 PM

Whoa... I tried to click on the Stealth pic and it just showed a bunch of sticks and stuff :)[X(]

Gary- How dare you recommend a Rossi to a guy who uses, almost exclusively, the McCoy-19 Blue heads on all his speed ships---

I was at our flying field awhile back and a gent. asked me what engine was in my Patriot I told him it was a "Jett" engine, he looked confused for a minute then said "that don't look like a Jet engine!" :D

bob27s 12-17-2004 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

Gary- How dare you recommend a Rossi to a guy who uses, almost exclusively, the McCoy-19 Blue heads on all his speed ships---

Correction...... Fox red heads

AirGar 12-17-2004 02:06 PM

Hey James,

My first thought was the OS LA series, but I didn't think Ol' Bob would of been able to handle the speed. :)

Bob,

I think the Mig 29 FBD bought was about $129. I believe it's a "60" size too. Hey, my thought is, if ya want it, buy it! (not "you" in particular, anybody) :D

I wonder how strong that "V" tail is? Did you ever see the video of an actual F-117 Stealth flying when the tail blew apart? It looks like it would be a weak area. Hopefully, that has been addressed.

Now, you know....we're all goiing to want a full review with pics, right? ;)

Happy St. Patty Day!

bob27s 12-20-2004 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
a picture or two of the plane.....

Looks like the structure is ok. I've yet to blow a v-tail off a racing plane :)

From what I understand, it is considered about as quick as a fast sport plane.

Have to see about that kit value... There does appear to be a lot of wood there. Plus maybe he got caught in the Lockheed Martin Licence program (royalty fee).

BTW... I have an OS LA .40 that turned somewhere around 20,000 rpm !!!
on 40% nitro, 5% hydrogen perozide, with a 7x7 prop, for about 65 seconds prior to the rod/crankpin letting go

Bob

daven 12-20-2004 01:01 PM

Go ahead and get it Bob. IF you like it, I will build one. Not sure if I want to be the guinea pig on this one. Looks like a bit of work, but really looks good.

Dave

bob27s 12-20-2004 01:08 PM

I need to recruit some of Santa's elves to build a few kits for me! They seem to be handy working with wood :)

daven 12-20-2004 03:05 PM

I know what you mean. I got 3 quickees (Seekers) in process right now, and am buried. At least I like building the fuzes, its the wings that I don't like molding.

bob27s 12-20-2004 03:49 PM

Dave...... I was thinking...... this seemed to be a whole lot easier!

The first wood, engine powered plane I built was a Sterling Beginners Spitfire. It was flat. Flew fine. I think it took me a whole day to build. Painting was done after dinner, and we flew it the next day.

Now I get an ARF that is 90% done, and it takes me a month to finish it.

Maybe I should start over :) I obviously got off on the wrong track.

daven 12-20-2004 08:02 PM

After a long day sitting behind a desk, I sure look forward to at least 30 minutes in the shop each night. I really think the solution is to build everyday, even if it is only for a short time. Its amazing how quickly things get done when you peck away at them.

I just wish I was a better builder.

Crazy4Flight 12-20-2004 08:12 PM

i went there http://www.jeff-betty.com/GIV-TEB/index.htm
"please wait dial up modems will take a few minutes".
and then left
Sheezzzzzzzzzzzz sorry i dont wait for that BS.

why cant they keep the home page simple?
thumbnails not 100MB JEPG or BMP
do these webmasters think that all of us haves DSL or cable or willing to wait???

Rudeboy 12-21-2004 03:35 PM

I have a cable connection... but I still got thumbnails... :D .... took about 0.5 seconds...