RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Whiplash vs Lanier Predator (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/310114-whiplash-vs-lanier-predator.html)

searcher 10-11-2002 12:03 AM

Whiplash vs Lanier Predator

I just ordered an all white whiplash over the internet. Aerojet models were great to correspond with. They answered all my questions and agreed to ship it COD. They even emailed me with the total so I can be ready when it arrives.

I intend to put an OS .50sx with a Mac pipe on it and compare it to my Lanier Predator that is also powered by an OS .50sx/Mac pipe combo.

With any luck I will have it in my hands next week and a report on it's first flight as well as the comparison by the following weekend.

I am excited.

BAGOSTIX 10-12-2002 11:46 PM

whiplash

1 Attachment(s)
Actually your whiplash will ship out monday and you'll have it by wednesday I'm sure... enjoy it and keep us posted on the comparison... thanks :cool:

searcher 10-19-2002 03:07 AM

Received the Whiplash, but....

I was thrilled to have finally received the whiplash. When the lady at the post office picked it up to hand it to me, a single bolt fell out of the box. I took the box and the bolt out to my truck and cut the box open.

Both the airframe and the tail were nicely packed and had no damage. The Whiplash is much larger than I had pictured. I cant wait to get it in the air. ;)

Inspite of being taped nicely to the box, the bottom of the ziplock plastic bag containing the hardware was open, like the seam had never been sealed at the ziplock factory. It had a solitary washer in it while the other hardware was hopefully still rolling around in the box.

The instructions and a cool 'Whiplash' sticker were taped in the box as well. Unfortunately, the instructions didnt have a parts inventory, so I am not sure what might be missing. I'll figure it out on Sunday when I hope to spend some time putting it together.

I will note that there is some finishing to do on the fiberglass body of the whiplash. I had hoped to save some money by purchasing the plain white. If it flew well, I would have to get one of the airbrushed ones.

To anyone that would rather be flying a plane than finishing one, I would suggest that you consider purchasing one of the very cool airbrushed versions. All of the clean-up work is done for you and you get the wickedest paintjobs that I have ever seen. Had I known this, I would have definitely sprung for the one of the painted ones.

I will update this post on Sunday.

Happy Flying!
- Searcher :) .

FlooredCOBRA 10-19-2002 04:11 AM

I have a DD as of now, its my second one. But the more I look at the whiplash the more I want one. The paint scheme are awsome.

I was wondering though, if I was to order one could I send a in a design and have it painted that way?

BAGOSTIX 10-20-2002 02:48 PM

hardware

I cant imagine what could have happened to the bag of hardware, this is a first for us, we will send you a complete hardware set in the mail monday morning, no charge of course, question, was the tank and fittings in the box?

For the gent asking about custom airbrushing, David Ludwig is very good and can do nearly any scheme you want, there is an extra charge for custom work, but it is reasonable, send us your ideas and then give us a call and we'll get you a quote.

FlooredCOBRA 10-20-2002 04:05 PM

That sounds great. Iwill sacn my idea and e-mail it to y'all and see what you guys think. Thanks!

jlong34016 10-21-2002 12:20 AM

delivery time

what is the current delivery time for the airbrushed whiplashes? Getting cold up here.

BigD 10-21-2002 01:28 AM

Airbrushed Whiplash

I just received my second airbrushed Whiplash. This one is American Pride II....very nice....so nice that my hobby shop owner has it on display at his store until I fly it or he buy's it!....BigD

Nathan 10-21-2002 11:54 PM

I can attest to the quality of work David Ludwig does on these Whiplash's... it is truly amazing work! For some examples see his spot on the web by clicking here, or see the review in RCU's magazine by clicking here.

searcher 10-22-2002 04:08 AM

Hardware

Thanks Rick!

I cannot express how impressed I am with your company. You sure know how to build customer loyalty. Well, a great product helps too :D and you certainly appear to have it all in good order.

My company just laid off its engineering staff, so I now have a bunch of airplane building and flying time on my hands. I wont let it go to waste! :p

To answer your question, the tank and its hardware were present and in fine condition. Thankyou for asking.

Well, i've got to get my sleep.... Lots of building to do tomorrow!

flyinhigher 10-26-2002 06:37 AM

Properly named

Sounds fast, be careful and keep an eye out for the highflyin commercial planes :)