RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Cermark F-16 Speed Questions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/3225881-cermark-f-16-speed-questions.html)

MadMike-Heli 08-02-2005 09:15 PM

Cermark F-16 Speed Questions

Hi guys, I've flown the guts out of my Viper 500 with YS-45 with a 10x6 and a 9x6 APC - its quick , but I want faster.... So I purchased a Magnum with the Weston V1 engine combo today. So that should take care of the speed I need for awhile. Now I need another airframe to learn the jet "feel" but yet still have somewhat of a speed thrill out of it. I've considered the Cermark F-16 since it looks like excellent quality. I have a number of questions I'd love to have answered

1) - is the fuse fiberglass, wings foam or balsa builtup

2) - what is the top speed with a JETT 90L and race pipe on this bird with retracts up

3) - fins underneath - on the real F-16 they are there for the pendelum effect - to help stabilize this bird , are these just speed holdbacks on this model, or do they actually serve a purpose in stability on this model?

4) - I've heard that the wing plugins become loose, is this a problem with this ARF in general or just a few people that have noticed this concern

5) - What size fuel tank can you squeeze in this jet? What size comes with it from Cermark?

6) - What are the slow speed characteristics of this jet?

7) Does anyone have any videos online? - I've been unable to source any at all to get an idea how she flies

8) Does this f-16 fly comparable to the Combat Models F-16N pusher? - That was fairly quick for what it was...

I'd love as much input as well as anything you have to throw in... Engine / prop combinations etc....

Thanks

MadMike-Heli

msweeten 08-07-2005 01:17 AM

RE: Cermark F-16 Speed Questions

ORIGINAL: MadMike-Heli

Hi guys, I've flown the guts out of my Viper 500 with YS-45 with a 10x6 and a 9x6 APC - its quick , but I want faster.... So I purchased a Magnum with the Weston V1 engine combo today. So that should take care of the speed I need for awhile. Now I need another airframe to learn the jet "feel" but yet still have somewhat of a speed thrill out of it. I've considered the Cermark F-16 since it looks like excellent quality. I have a number of questions I'd love to have answered

1) - is the fuse fiberglass, wings foam or balsa builtup
Fuse is fiberglass, wings are balsa builtup

2) - what is the top speed with a JETT 90L and race pipe on this bird with retracts up
I don't have an exact max but with my Jett 90L about 130 mph seems to be about top speed. The air frame is fairly clean you just have some drag on the air scoop.

3) - fins underneath - on the real F-16 they are there for the pendelum effect - to help stabilize this bird , are these just speed holdbacks on this model, or do they actually serve a purpose in stability on this model? You can leave them off but they look cool and provide some added stability. I ran mine both ways. The only bad thing about them is the mounting method is not the best.

4) - I've heard that the wing plugins become loose, is this a problem with this ARF in general or just a few people that have noticed this concern. I have not had this problem. The wing is heal on by a larg main pipe and dowls in the front. The front pin is made of wood. Some people have had it wear after 40-50 flights. This is not a big deal. Just put some CA on it to harden the wood. (fixed)

5) - What size fuel tank can you squeeze in this jet? What size comes with it from Cermark? I don't remember the size but it is fairly large. You can put a very large tank if you like. There is lots of room. The only consideration is that the tank is under the cockpit (forward of the wing) If you put too much weight up front you will have to eather have a nose heavy take off or a tail hevy landing.

6) - What are the slow speed characteristics of this jet? As long as you are not tail heavy she floats in nice. Use flaperons and even better.

7) Does anyone have any videos online? - I've been unable to source any at all to get an idea how she flies

8) Does this f-16 fly comparable to the Combat Models F-16N pusher? - That was fairly quick for what it was...

I'd love as much input as well as anything you have to throw in... Engine / prop combinations etc....
The Jett 90 seems to be the best engine for this bird with a 12 x 6. If you don't have the bucks, you can use most good quality 90's with good results. With the Jett 90 you have unlimited clime and fast acceleration.

Thanks

MadMike-Heli

MadMike-Heli 08-08-2005 08:25 AM

Many thanks, I just bought a V-Mar F-4 and now I'm going to pickup one of these Cermark F-16's. It looks like a real beauty...

Mike

kmtranmd 08-13-2005 08:29 PM

You should check out the separate thread on the F16. I got mine last week and will put a Jett 90L in it, expecting it to hit 130. The fuse is fiberglass and wings are built up balsa. Hardware is high quality. I've seen the Combat Models F16 fly. The Cermark with Jett 90 should fly circles around the Combat Model pushers.