RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   looking for foam delta (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/329992-looking-foam-delta.html)

rc yogi 2 10-24-2002 08:41 PM

looking for foam delta

don't ask why .but I want a foam delta
same size as DD , whiplashes or laser arrow
can anyone help please!!!!! ;)

Cactus. 10-26-2002 09:18 PM

looking for foam delta

whiplash is foam... inside
get some templates and Cut a rapier lazy boy :p
of i have a plane ( if i can find the damn plans ) see it on www.rcflyer.fsnet.co.uk - phil males page. its called DD, not that DD
any monkey can cut a foam delta

rc yogi 2 10-26-2002 09:33 PM

looking for foam delta

whatillya recon it cost to get setup to cut it poor man style
Mr.UK

Cactus. 10-27-2002 11:03 AM

looking for foam delta

broom handle a few cents, two bits of metal rod, 2 bolts , 2 nuts, maybe a $, 3m of speaker wire 50 cents. Nicrome wire, no idea.
and thats about it...
you cut two slots in the handle's ends and put in the rods, 2/3 of their length one side, you have a choice... make the rods solid, or have them able to move a little and have a spring between them at the top to tention the wire as it heats up and streches. if you dont make sure its wrapped around the rods damn tight. use your bolts to hole the rods in. connnect your wire to the short ends and the Nicrome to the long ends. bingo, a cutter that can cut wings up to 50" in one go.
if your cutting deltas mark the ribs into equal sections, make sure you cover each segment on each rib at the same time, IE the root rib moves faster than the tip, dont go too slow of you'll end up with ripples.
thats a very simple explation, theres far more info floating around this site on this.
i use a car battery and a car battery charger connected in series to power mine

Nathan 10-27-2002 02:50 PM

Re: looking for foam delta

Originally posted by rc yogi 2
don't ask why .but I want a foam delta
same size as DD , whiplashes or laser arrow
can anyone help please!!!!! ;)

Depending on the reasons you want one, RCU did a review on a nice foam delta wing. CLICK HERE.

rc yogi 2 10-27-2002 03:35 PM

looking for foam delta

thanks insane but that not gona work...way two small ,not symmetrical

Cactus. 10-27-2002 06:29 PM

looking for foam delta

1 Attachment(s)
there was a really simple strong delta at our club that was just one root template, it was Zip Zip at the right lenght and depth to fit a 6OZ tank, and the end of the bow held so it had same section all the way to the tip, flew great. my delta is a little more advanced, but not much

rc yogi 2 10-28-2002 03:02 AM

looking for foam delta

did you cut your plan.

Cactus. 10-28-2002 05:23 PM

looking for foam delta

no, i used tracing paper, but i made a copy anyway because i wanted to make it available, i just cant find it, and with the house improvments if its in the shed, no chance. might be a copy with my mate i designed it for..

rc yogi 2 10-28-2002 06:04 PM

looking for foam delta

e mail me if ya find it