RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Kangke F3D example (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/3314097-kangke-f3d-example.html)

bob27s 08-30-2005 03:23 PM

Kangke F3D example

1 Attachment(s)
Hi folks,

Over the years there have been quite a few posts and questions about the Kangke F3D plane. It is basically a 25-35 size bird, fairly quick by nature, and many folks try to shoehorn a .40 or .50 into it to make it really move.

I think the plane is out of production at the moment.

Never the less, I received these photos and info of one such Kangke aircraft owned by John Sabini on Long Island. I thought I would share them with those interested as an example of what can be done with the aircraft.

Plane is nicely detailed as you can see :). The landing gear has been simplified to a single wheel under the centerline to reduce drag and weight. Engine is a Jett 40 turning a 8.8x9 prop, cut down to 8" diameter at 19,500 rpm. Bubble Jett tank fit right in. Plane has demonstrated a two way average of 160 mph on radar.

Modifications include an enlarged vertical fun, and a carbon rod added through the stabilizer for strength.

Of note, the engine is one of the original 'block 2' Jett SS40 engines. About 1994 vintage. Only mods to the engine were adding the current version red carb, remote needle, and updated to a more current Q-500 muffler.

Enjoy the photos

Bob Brassell

HaveBlue 08-30-2005 03:47 PM

RE: Kangke F3D example

thanks for posting the photos and info Bob, Ive heard alot about these birds but not seen one as yet...the center wheel sounds interesting as far as reducing drag...but I'd be to worried about catching a wing on something, or ripping/wearing the covering down [:o]

daven 08-30-2005 04:16 PM

The plane is completely fiberglass, I assume he has some sort of wing tip skid in place.

I just saw 2 of those for sale on RCU just last week.

Nice planes.

Lewis S. 08-30-2005 08:09 PM

Hi Guys,
John Sabini and Eddie Meyers got the speed bug when they saw me flying my 422 and 428 planes. They were flying the Kangke planes with OS 32's and thought they were quick until I brought out an AMA Pacemaker Q-500. John asked if I thought he could put in a Jett 40 he had gotten and I said absolutely and he did the rest. He used a small backplate mount I made for him, molded a new vertical fin and a few other mods. The plane is a ball to fly and very quick. The single wheel works fine as long as you slow up the plane a bit. There are no other skids on it. The plane has about 25 flights now , and the engine keeps geting better for him. Dub was real nice and spent quiet a bit of time on the phone with him to help him out.
Eddie has a Bob Wallace Mustang with an FAI wing mounted on it with a Nelson Q40 motor and an airvalve. The plane is a missle. Will try to post some pictures shortly

Lewis

Crazy4Flight 08-30-2005 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got one 2nd hand since none are available from Kangke. Put a OS .32SX in the nose MAC muffler, 8x8APC, Hitec 555 RX,2~ Hs-225 in the wings, HS-85MG rudder and elevator with 4-40 pushrods (lessflex-flutter), HS-81 throttle. Stock landing gear but I did file the blunt edges to sharp. Flys great like a pylon racer, knifes well too, roll rate is a bit slow tho. With the battery just behind the fuel tank aand servos not to far back the CG is on the money.

So if you can buy a nice one, GO FOR IT!!!

Bob Brother # 105

lazun 09-03-2005 08:31 AM

The aircraft has titanium tips on the wing tips and back fuselage. They work great!! Have not scuffed the wings, fus or muffler yet. The center wheel is very strong. It is a modified tail wheel assembly available from Central Hobbies. They are aluminum. I played with the height so everything would clear fine, even if the nose was a little low.

lazun 09-03-2005 01:29 PM

The airplane flies great. It is all due to the help of Lewis and Dub Jett. Dub Jett spent countless times on the phone with me. I was new to these type of engines. However, Dub Jett made it very easy and straight foward for me to run this engine like a bat out of hell!!!! WOW!!! Once you know how to set these up and get a feel for them, they run great, No problems, just lots of flying!!! My engine has not missed yet!!! 45 to 50 flights now. Clocked at 165 to 170!!! Thanks to Lewis that Mr. Jettt!!!!!

John

HaveBlue 09-03-2005 02:06 PM

I had a look at the photos that Bob posted , and now again another look, I couldnt see the skids...well done indeed..does look very slick with a center wheel..

and as most already know ..Dub Jett is a fantastic guy.. he goes to alot of trouble to help you sort out the best from your combination..the man certainly knows how to take care of business!!!!...I am so impressed with his engines I now have 3 of them and hope to add a few more !!!!

bob27s 09-06-2005 10:16 AM

John,

Glad you are enjoying the aircraft and engine :)

Thanks for the testimonial too. Sometimes folks ask why the Jett products cost a bit more than others. I think John here will agree that most folks will find that a few minutes here and there on the phone with Dub and after-sales support of the products is more than half the total value of the purchase.

Bob