RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   spiderman whiplash (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/341510-spiderman-whiplash.html)

jlong34016 10-30-2002 04:56 PM

spiderman whiplash

Been a while since i ordered this one. I know hurricane set things behind. Any idea when this might ship? Just got the jett fire 60 back and its ready to break the 200 mph mark and show all the non believers it can be done.

BAGOSTIX 10-30-2002 07:24 PM

Mr. Long

We are waiting on David to finish this last batch up, we appreciate your patience, it is in Davids hands, and he is aware that these need to be completed asap..

He has indicated to me that he will try and have them done before this weekend, I'll keep you posted

BAGOSTIX 11-05-2002 02:51 AM

Spiderman

Mr. Long, your Spiderman shipped today, enjoy her, she's beautiful

jlong34016 11-08-2002 03:58 AM

4 weeks

Took four weeks to get spiderman. One hurricane during that time set things back. Fin fits perfect. Hinges are not stiff at all. Finish is great except i don t have twin towers in the eyes like i was expecting. Must have been only on a few. I am missing instructions all together. Probably dont need any since i have previous set. I do have tape for elevons. Looks like i need to cut hole for throttle servo if i use one. Maybe you can scan and email a copy? Thanks.

Forgues Research 11-08-2002 04:05 AM

Re: 4 weeks

Originally posted by jlong34016
Took four weeks to get spiderman. One hurricane during that time set things back. Fin fits perfect. Hinges are not stiff at all. Finish is great except i don t have twin towers in the eyes like i was expecting. Must have been only on a few. I am missing instructions all together. Probably dont need any since i have previous set. I do have tape for elevons. Looks like i need to cut hole for throttle servo if i use one. Maybe you can scan and email a copy? Thanks.

Here are the instructions
http://www.aerojetmodels.com/acm/whiplashmanual.pdf

BAGOSTIX 11-08-2002 04:39 AM

spiderman

Glad you are happy with the product Mr. Long, unfortunately we have no control over David Ludwig, he has had some problems as a result of the hurricane, and did his best I'm sure.
The servo hole for the throttle is not cut in case you want to use a micro servo instead of a standard, I will post an updated version of the manual online tomorrow.. also I will post one on RCU.
thanks for your business, enjoy your spiderman :cool:

jlong34016 11-08-2002 05:35 PM

micro servo throttle

My planes vibrate so much i use heavy duty servo with metal gears on the throttle. My props are balanced. Does anyone else have lots of vibration at full throttle with the jett,nelson,mvvs or df engines? On the dust i had to use setup like an rc car throttle to keep from stripping gears and breaking servo mounts.

S3HD 11-08-2002 06:13 PM

spiderman whiplash

Wish I could help out on the vibration issue. I have often seen certain RPM levels cause vibration, but then if you change the throttle, the vibration ceases. Is your vibration occuring at all engine speeds?

Found out today that the OS46VX-DF won't be in until early December!! :(

Hope "teamfutaba" posts some pix soon of those FAI Nelsons, sure would like to find out why they're selling.

IMAC Buff: Should we order a couple of Cyclon 40Big's??

daven 11-08-2002 06:17 PM

spiderman whiplash

Vibration of Nelsons.

I run Hitec 85s on throttles for all of my planes with Nelsons without a problem.

I don't want to speak for Ray Brown (teamfutaba), but I'm sure they are selling the FAI Nelsons because they did not make the team that will be representing the US at the FAI World Championships.

IMAC Buff 11-08-2002 08:36 PM

spiderman whiplash

Ya those 40 big's are sounding better and better. I'm going to try the K&B 7.5 first but might end up doing that.

jlong34016 11-08-2002 11:39 PM

40 Big

I could use one also. How about someone getting a group rate and arranging everything? Bagostix?

BAGOSTIX 11-09-2002 12:01 AM

GROUP RATE

BAGOSTIX has a full plate already, but if enough people want these things, I'd be happy to help out " for a nominal fee" :)

jlong34016 11-09-2002 12:10 AM

Fee

I'm in. Certainly wouldnt expect you to do it for free.

IMAC Buff 11-09-2002 12:13 AM

spiderman whiplash

I still havent found out yet if this is a control line engine?? The 40big.

bstfrnd2bstfrnd 11-09-2002 12:24 AM

spiderman whiplash

Hey Rick, If I Email a few picture of my the Star Wars Whiplash would you try to post them. I can't seem to get the file size right. RCU won't take my jpeg's because they are too big. Send your Email address if so.

BAGOSTIX 11-09-2002 01:24 AM

yep

send it to [email protected]
I'll load it for you, or reduce it and send it back...