RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Fastest and Cheapest, with retracts????? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/3880645-fastest-cheapest-retracts.html)

erikpmort 02-07-2006 01:08 PM

Fastest and Cheapest, with retracts?????

Guys I had a westom Magnum and loved it, but i want something similarly priced this time, but with retracts.... anybody know of any type of aircraft in this category?

thanks

erikpmort 02-07-2006 01:50 PM

RE: Fastest and Cheapest, with retracts?????

i just looked at the cermark f-16.... its really sweet, but would prob. cost 800$ to get it in the air the way i'd want it done... any thing cheaper, that isn't a flying wing, and still looks good?

bob27s 02-07-2006 03:14 PM

fast and cheap are both relative terms.

I will assume for a moment you are discussing the airframe itself.

At the moment, there are few/no ARFs on the market that meet your requirements.

One of my all-time favorites is the F-20. Currently produced by junorc.com
Performs well, quick, accomodates retracts. Yes, its a kit. Not expensive, fairly simple to build. Real nice aircraft. With the correct power up front, it can really move.

While you are on his website, look over the Tsunami as well. Conventional design, but very quick (both sizes)

AngelRC on here has a few fun things in the works. Should be available pre-assembled in some form. Im not sure if he is incorporating retracts or not. Look through the T-38 thread and send him a PM

Also, take a look at these guys
http://www.schwingrc.com/
They made/make a plane called the Sweep16 that is a real bullet. Has retracts. Custom built. Nice :)
The new fat-boy sweeper should be a rocket too.

That should keep you looking for a little while

erikpmort 02-07-2006 07:12 PM

great answers, thanks! but how much are those planes (fat boy, sweep 16) ? that fatboy had some nice lines!

erikpmort 02-07-2006 07:21 PM

hey i loved the F-20 too! i might go that route, cause i haven't built a kit for a while, and it would be fun.... what type of retracts would you reccomend that make it look semi-scale, or at least nice looking?

i also need the angel rc web address

thanks again

buddude8 02-07-2006 09:20 PM

i agree the f-20 would be the way to go. mine has a jett 50 in it, and i am using a 8 3/4x9 pylon prop. takes a while to get going, but after a few go arounds it really gets up to speed.

Cyclic Hardover 02-07-2006 10:38 PM

The DC F-20 is making a great comeback. I have a couple. It is a very stable flying plane. You could get that Phoenix one out of tower. I was given one and i amgoing to chage it all around and also install retracts in it.

Flyboy Dave 02-07-2006 11:11 PM

I'd go with a hopped-up Patriot if I was using retracts. ;)

FBD. :D

bob27s 02-08-2006 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: erikpmort

great answers, thanks! but how much are those planes (fat boy, sweep 16) ? that fatboy had some nice lines!
email or call them. no need to be shy :)
The price varies a bit depending on what level of completion you agree on

erikpmort 02-08-2006 10:57 AM

he said 289$ arf with retracts installed...(fatboy) sounds pretty good to me.... that plane is awesome looking... on the downside he said 8-12 weeks

erikpmort 02-08-2006 12:28 PM

guys a couple more questions on the f-20:

what retracts are you using? how much are they?

does it have good space in the fuse? (i want to do a smoke system)

any more pictures of somebodys would be greatly appreciated

erikpmort 02-08-2006 01:40 PM

hey i finally got putfile to work... anybody thats bored can check out my video on the weston magnum

www.putfile.com/erikpmort

osborjr 02-08-2006 01:55 PM

I have a DC F-20 with the retracts, kit new in box, retracts never mounted, I would sell for $100.00

erikpmort 02-08-2006 02:06 PM

sounds like a pretty ok deal... what are the retracts worth though? how long have you had it sitting on your shelf?

osborjr 02-08-2006 03:05 PM

Retracts are mechical, look new, as far as I know never used. email me at [email protected]

erikpmort 02-08-2006 03:15 PM

na, i'll pass, but thanks.... i just read some old forum on the f-20 that was like a million posts and 3 yrs (really) long.... most thought the spring air were worth it.... i also want something slightly scale looking... would you sell just the kit? (assuming its the one done by juno) ?

osborjr 02-08-2006 03:21 PM

It is the Direct Connections F-20, not the Juno, Juno gets about 79.00 for thier kit was just throwing in the retracts for 15.00

burgh_guy61 02-08-2006 03:41 PM

Juno and DC are one and the same. When direct connection went out of business Juno got the tooling to make the same kit.