RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Weston UK?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/3914732-weston-uk.html)

Glorfindel 02-15-2006 12:37 PM

Weston UK??

hi speedy friend!!

I emailed 2 times in 5 days Weston UK to order a magnum, i got any reply so far. Do someone had problem to get in touch with them before me???

MJD 02-15-2006 12:44 PM

RE: Weston UK??

They are very slow to answer e-mails. You might want to telephone them, the number is on their website.

MJD

Glorfindel 02-15-2006 01:06 PM

Thx,

If they are slow on the email, then they should not be in buisness, we are in 2006!!! Not 1940....

Glorfindel 02-22-2006 11:15 PM

Update!!!!

They finaly check their email, they send me a reply the 16th

I emailed back right away with my credit card number and shipping address, Guess what?? We are 22th now, and i didnt receve any reply, and they dont process my order 'cause it didnt appear on my visa yet...

I'm realy impress with the service...

I'm still wondering how they can do buisness in 2006...

Last time i posted here, i got a reply the day after...

If they dont read email, then why they put one on their web site???

Anyway....

MJD 02-23-2006 03:08 PM

Alan at Weston told me he is pretty "old school" and does not spend time on e-mail or computers in general. I got fantastic service from them when I had a motor problem. They received it, fixed it, test ran two large tanks of fuel through it, and shipped it off again within a day or two. I received the motor within four days of that [our mail is faster than yours I think]. So while they may be a bit antique when it comes to e-mail, and I admit that is they way so much business is done these days, they were very responsive when I needed service. I hope things work out for your order.

MJD

Glorfindel 02-23-2006 03:58 PM

Hi,

Since i'm french, i prefer to it by email, i can take my time typing the right words. I can speak english but i making myself understand better by email.

I only hope he will read his mail before summer....

What is annoying me is that he finaly reply to me the first time saying sending him another mail with my shipping/payment info. I did it right away, but it look like he didnt check his mailbox again....

I know i repeat myself here but if you dont read your email, then dont put your email address on your commercial website....

MJD 02-24-2006 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Glorfindel
I know i repeat myself here but if you dont read your email, then dont put your email address on your commercial website....
No problem, your point is quite valid.

A business that does not respond quickly to any form of communication is going to suffer, regardless of whether they "like" to use e-mail or not. I agree with you 100% on that. So again I hope things work out with your order.

p.s. your written English is fine, it's better than some of the posts I read from English-speaking folks :D I studied French in school for six years, and got good marks, but the best I can do now is read a menu or a road sign, or say "hello, how are you?".

Glorfindel 03-02-2006 10:11 AM

Guess what?? I'm still waiting for a reply....

bob27s 03-02-2006 11:28 AM

Yes, your english is fine :) Probably better than some of the folks I work with these days.....

As noted, Alan is not big on email. Perhaps he should not have the address on the website, but its there likely because the guy who built his web site included it. You are not dealing with a giant company here .... its just Alan and a few people. But they design and manufacture some really good products.

You are better off making a phone call. It will at least get the ball rolling. And folks tell me his response time is pretty good on shipping engines and aircraft.

MJD 03-02-2006 12:19 PM

Another option, if you are nervous about the idea of a French-Canadian talking to an Englishman :) is to fax him! People always get faxes quickly. His fax number is listed on the website at www.westonuk.co.uk in the contacts section.

Good luck!

MJD

Easystern 03-06-2006 05:51 PM

Hi Folks,
i wrote an e mail last sunday

Dear Madam/Sir,
i got one of your nice Magnum R with the 50v engine :-)here in germany.
my question:can i use 3 of the graupner c 5007 ball bearing servos or what servo do you recommend .
and got the answer on monday from alan

Hi. We recommend you use anything like MG HS645 or equivalent
i am so excited about that plane i would wait a month to get one.;)

Glorfindel 03-06-2006 06:55 PM

Last update ;)

I sent a fax asking him to check his email. I got a reply 30 min. later ;)

I will finaly have my MagnumR ;)

mpriestley 03-27-2006 06:28 PM

anyone know if Alan will ship to the states? I want the new Magnum R, had the old version. I also need a prop shaft for my weston.

Thank you for any help.

mike

mpriestley 03-28-2006 03:38 PM

Just wanted to mention that I received an email from Alen this morning, I emailed him yesterday and he said he would ship to the US, figured about $55 for shipping.

mike,

BaldEagel 03-29-2006 10:31 AM

Hi all

I am very local to Weston Uk so an e-mail or posting on this site (Subscribed) to me may get a quicker responce from Alan as I can inform him that he has mail, only to willing to help.

Mike

BaldEagel 04-06-2006 04:28 AM

Well you guys you complained about Weston not checking there e-mails it is now 8 days since I posted my offer to be an intimediary for you with Weston and you have not checked this site a black pot and kettle come to mind.

Mike

Easystern 04-06-2006 02:02 PM

bald eagle
thanks for that offer ;) , i am right now in germany and we have a friendly dealer (breackmann in aachen) here, where i get the stuff from.

BaldEagel 04-07-2006 05:09 AM

Easystern

OK, but the offer still stands for anyone else.

MIke

evan-RCU 04-22-2006 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Easystern

OK, but the offer still stands for anyone else.

MIke
I sent them an e-mail over a week ago and they have not answered. I want to rebuild my 50V1 and was asking how much bearings, piston, cylinder, and connecting rod are. I also asked how much a new Magnum R and shipping would be. Still curious about the Magnum R but I did get a new old Magnum from Weston USA. If you could check on at least the engine parts and shipping I would appreciate it.

my e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks...

BaldEagel 04-28-2006 05:30 AM

Evan

Sorry for the delay in responce, but unlike Westons I have been away Fishing for a week and have not been on line, spoke to Steve at Westons this morning gave him your e-mail address and he has promised to respond to you direct. Plese feel free to come back to me if this does not happen, nothing I like better than putting a squib up Steve. (Thats for you Steve I know you will check this site)

Mike

evan-RCU 04-29-2006 08:40 AM

Thanks very much, I'll let you know when I hear from them.

evan-RCU 05-05-2006 09:49 PM

Still no word...

BaldEagel 05-06-2006 07:26 AM

evan-RCU

Thats outragours they don't deserve your custom, I will contact them again on Monday on your behalf and tell them what I think of their service or lack of it anyway, on second thoughts I will make sure I speak to Alan Greefield who owns Weston's and get him to respond to you as a very unhappy customer.

Mike

evan-RCU 05-06-2006 10:18 AM

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it. I'm not really all that unhappy, if I was really unhappy I would have phoned them myself and if I was even madder I would have bought a Jett to replace it...

BaldEagel 05-08-2006 05:29 AM

evan-RCU

Spoke to Alan and Steve the manager who told me he had been away and that is why he had not answered you, I told him that was no excuse he should have given the job to someone else not just left you hanging by your fingernails, he is in no doubt how I think he has treated you, hopefully this may work and he will contact you shortly, let me know perhaps a bondbardment of e-mails telling them what we think may work.

Mike