RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   MVVS RI RE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/4055150-mvvs-ri-re.html)

Grodus 03-19-2006 07:02 PM

MVVS RI RE

I have a MVVS that I bought years ago, dont even remember where or what my plans were for it. I believe I was told it was a .53. Its a rear intake rear exhaust. Does anyone know anything about this engine? I have a DC Dodgger that is without engine I was wondering how the MVVS would do on it. I have no idea of what size prop to start with.

Thanks,

Grodus

rmenke 03-20-2006 12:47 PM

RE: MVVS RI RE

Sounds lile the MVVS racing engine which is just not designed for sport flying. Like putting a Nelson on a U Can Do. Put it into a fast airframe and start with a 10-6 for breakin and then go from there. I have the same thing in my motor cabinet, probably will be there after I am gone. Not a bad engine, just not up to par with the Nelson or Jett racing engines. Would be good for a practice formula or something like that. ENJOY

wit-RCU 03-20-2006 05:24 PM

this is MVVS .40 GRRT, pylon engine, max power ~2.5 Hp 24 000 rpm, not good for extreme speed aircraft better for ducted fan.

crasharama 03-21-2006 04:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Grodus,

Try & get a Diamond Dust, the GRRT would be right at home. The rear exhaust & stinger pipe will go straight through between the vertical stab's

Tony;)

Grodus 03-21-2006 07:27 PM

Thanks for the info everybody. I may look at putting it on a DD or a Q-500 plane and see how it does.

Grodus

Rudeboy 03-21-2006 08:14 PM

How about a picture of the engine? That would put all doubts to rest.

If it really is a GRRT it is not really suited for Dusts and Q500's... IMO in that case, you'd be better off finding an old F3D kit somewhere. They must still be out there somewhere. The GRRT would be right at home in one of those. Or you could get one of the new designs... but it would be kind of silly to put an old obsolete engine in a 700$ composite airframe, wouldn't it :D

jaka 03-22-2006 03:25 PM

Hi!
If it's a GRRT rear intake /rear exhaust engine a suitable prop for it is a 7.1/2x 7 carbonfiber prop.This engine is made to rew. A 10x6 is way way too big and the engine will not run using one of these.
This engine is also made to run using a pipe. In the past, 15years ago we used to run these engines in F3D pylonracing but they are now obsolete to say the least.
They run best on 80/20 castor oil fuel (or max 5% nitro, 75% methanol 20% castor oil) and Rossi 8 glowplugs.
Of course it could be mounted in a Q-500 racer but best would be a F3D /QM 40 type of airplane.

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden

Grodus 03-23-2006 08:43 PM

Thanks Jan. I think it is a DF engine. It has a throttle but it will not accomodate a standard engine mount because the high speed and low speed needle is below the line of the mounting flanges. I will post a picture if I can figure how.

Grodus

jaka 03-27-2006 03:10 PM

Hi!
MVVS did (or do not)not make any special DF engine ..only a rear exhaust rear intake pylon racing engine...that could be equipped with a carb. Hope you have the (modified) large 9-11mm carb (special made) and not the standard MVVS 7mm carb (which is too small for the engine to produce any power).

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden