RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   final flight report, pics, and small vid of cermark f-16s (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/4115859-final-flight-report-pics-small-vid-cermark-f-16s.html)

buddude8 04-02-2006 05:26 PM

final flight report, pics, and small vid of cermark f-16s

1 Attachment(s)
after six months we have finally made maiden flights on our f-16s. The final weight on both of these is just over 11lbs. the dub 90lxs ran perfect hitting just over 15,000rpms after break in. We flew them first on monday on a very overcast day. I should say that the color scheme we picked makes it very hard to see. the planes where very predictable but needed power in the turns with the extra added weight. take offs took about 150' to get off the ground with about half elevator throw . in the air neither one of the planes needed any trim and where very easy to fly straight and low. Top speed looked to be around 100mph, hopefully more after the engine has a few flights on it. If not they where very fun to fly, especially together they looked like two real fighters up there. to bad we will never have the chance to do that again, to costly to send them back in forth from cali to florida. Landing where easy with the wind and just very fast with no wind. We tried all kinds of differnt props and the one that was the best was the 11x8. here[img] are some pics on the tarmack and a small video of mine doing take off,fly by and a landing. speed51 is on the left and im on the right in the last pic.

link to video http://media.putfile.com/rc-f-16-in-flight
link to orginal thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3750751/tm.htm
enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

buddude8,speed51 ken and john

Cyclic Hardover 04-02-2006 06:31 PM

RE: final flight report, pics, and small vid of f-16s

Nice video. By far the best looking propjets I've seen. Bob needs to put these in the Hall of fame

HaveBlue 04-02-2006 07:56 PM

hey guys those 16's fly as awesome as they look, again gentlemen, there an outstanding example of what a propjet is all about..
I love the recognisable sound of a jett 90 and the lx version no less....I sort lost a bit of interest in my prop jets as the "LX" version of the 90 had popped up after I had acquired two "l" version engines. even though I have to sell some of my models...I'll definitely be keeping one of my jetts 90l..although it wont be residing in a plane as awesome as those 16's ..well done..you guys should be very proud of all your work[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

bob27s 04-03-2006 07:56 AM

fabulous......

Thanks for the report and photos !!

Ken, your's is the one with the darker canopy... correct?

buddude8 04-03-2006 09:23 AM

yes mine has the dark canopy.

SPEED51J 04-08-2006 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all your compliments Guys. It was cool flying them together with my Bro, especially when we taxied out and took off together. I have to repair mine because Delta Airlines baggage people thought my plane could fly when it was in the box. So much for " FRAGILE " stickers. Again thanks for all your compliments.

John

vasek 04-09-2006 12:44 AM

RE: final flight report, pics, and small vid of cermark f-16s

very nice DUDES! [8D]

thanks for all the pics and the final report

i am glad to see the LX is hauling the f-16 with all the added weight... i have the same engine for it & Bob here was telling me i would be better off with one of the BSE (more torque)... so i am relieved ;)

i think you guyz did it right! [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif] the planes look more than A-OK!!!!!!!

congrats to both of you,

Vasek

[email protected] 01-12-2007 08:14 AM

hi guys,,very nice jets,,can you tell me how you painted them,,or did you sand the fuse then glass it all,,please email me at [email protected],,maybe a phone # so i can get more info,,thanks again

bob27s 01-12-2007 05:21 PM

(there was a build thread that followed these two aircraft .... trying to find the link)

some photos are on the Jett website.

http://www.jettengineering.com/hall/hall-propjets.html

buddude8 01-12-2007 10:54 PM

here is the build thread link
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3750751/tm.htm

quick reply on what was done.

all of the covering was removed.
finished sheeting the wings.
wing, stabs and vertical fin was glassed with 3/4 oz cloth using sig finishing resin. i would use zpoxy next time.

the fuse was just sanded down and all of the pin wholes where filled. no glassing
paint was ppg, almost cost as much as the plane
the decal set was purchased from yellow aircraft.

pm me if you need more info
i will let you know that doing this will make it about 11lbs. the speed will end up being there but i would hate to have to dead stick it

F-16 Skywalker 10-27-2007 10:49 PM

I have seen these vid before in the past but really paid close attention to the landings.
look like a very nice nose high decent for propjet, was there any flaps applied?
BTW really nice job.

( May have to get me one )

combatpigg 10-28-2007 12:23 AM

Absolutely beautiful planes! They look awesome from every angle.

Airplanes400 11-21-2008 01:50 PM

Hi guys, Nice job on the F-16's.
Where did you get the decals? I would like some for my next project. I also have the F-16 (still in box).
I bought the Cermark F-18 (Blue Angels scheme) a few months ago. I flew it as is then stripped it down and did a total re-do on the plane. You can see the 'new' F-18 on my gallery photos. It's pretty good. I did a modified version of the Diamondback (my own enhancements from the basic design). I added sequencing gear doors, which took a lot of the drag out of the basic design. The plane as is (11 lb dry) hits over 100 mph with a standard OS 91FX but the vibrations coming from the engine are not to my liking. So I will replace it with an OS 61FX with a dubjet (Jett Engineering) muffler next week and see what that does. I should get rid of the vibrations, and maybe get better speed & RPM from the muffler. The F-18 doesn't have enough support in the nose to keep the vibrations down. I can get the same performance with th 61 since the prop size is limited by the ground clearance and I'm just wasting power that can't be utilized by the 91. The F-16 has more meat in the nose than the F-18 to hold the vibrations down from the 91. I did many mods to the F-18 to improve the structure & landing gear. Cermark builds a good kit but they hot glued the wing structure. What's with that??? I CA'ed the wing structure when I replaced the covering. All lettering was cut from monokote. Entire fuselage was also clear coated.

Airplanes400 11-21-2008 01:58 PM

Hi guys, Nice job on the F-16's.
Where did you get the decals? I would like some for my next project. I also have the F-16 (still in box).
I bought the Cermark F-18 (Blue Angels scheme) a few months ago. I flew it as is then stripped it down and did a total re-do on the plane. You can see the 'new' F-18 on my gallery photos. It's pretty good. I did a modified version of the Diamondback (my own enhancements from the basic design). I added sequencing gear doors, which took a lot of the drag out of the basic design. The plane as is (11 lb dry) hits over 100 mph with a standard OS 91FX but the vibrations coming from the engine are not to my liking. So I will replace it with an OS 61FX with a dubjet (Jett Engineering) muffler next week and see what that does. I should get rid of the vibrations, and maybe get better speed & RPM from the muffler. The F-18 doesn't have enough support in the nose to keep the vibrations down. I can get the same performance with th 61 since the prop size is limited by the ground clearance and I'm just wasting power that can't be utilized by the 91. The F-16 has more meat in the nose than the F-18 to hold the vibrations down from the 91. I did many mods to the F-18 to improve the structure & landing gear. Cermark builds a good kit but they hot glued the wing structure. What's with that??? I CA'ed the wing structure when I replaced the covering. All lettering was cut from monokote. Entire fuselage was also clear coated.

SpeedBoy 11-21-2008 02:57 PM

Nice gallery photos you have there Arplanes400 ;) .

I saw the change on scheme on the f-86 too very good btw . Don't know why you are having issues with vibrations with the OS 90 , it seems that many people have the same engine on the other thread and everything is ok , a friend of mine have yours with the 90 too with no problem of any kind .

Isn't way to fix it ??? reinforce it maybe :eek:.