RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   what to do on a rainy day... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/4277910-what-do-rainy-day.html)

Crazy4Flight 05-14-2006 06:18 PM

what to do on a rainy day...

1 Attachment(s)
Well the Dish has 157 channels and nothing on....[&:]

so I assembled a seagull F-20 tigershark.:)

Put a Jett .50 in the nose with a macs quiet pipe.:D

Set it up for flaperons, just to see ho slow it will go.[8D]

Futaba RX, Hitec 425BB and 5475HB servos, 5 cell 2000mahr battery.

Since it has a 6th servo for nose wheel steering and i will bell flying it off a short paved runway. I P-mixed rudder to Aux 1 on my Futaba 9CA TWICE!! Using the same switch I assigned to the rudders dual rate! Rudder rate 110% and 80% of recomended throw.

P-mix 1 is on for high rate rudder turns nose wheel +/- 15 degrees:slow taxi speed tight turns.
P-mix 2 is on for low rate rudder turns nose wheel +/- 6 degrees: take off mode for finer steering control.

links and trim are off so rudder trim does not effect nose gear. Aux1 is controlled by VR-B so i can center the steering and leave it, or make adjustments if nose gear takes a wack.[sm=bananahead.gif]

still some trim items to go Cowel, wing belly pan, antenna tube, apply decals.

Flyboy Dave 05-14-2006 06:49 PM

RE: what to do on a rainy day...

1 Attachment(s)
YEAH BABY !!! ....welcome to F-20 World....[sm=thumbup.gif]

....let's go kick some Patriot butt. :)

FBD.

Razor-RCU 05-14-2006 09:26 PM

Dave- there you are... When we going flyin?

Crazy- Pretty good rainy day I must admit- What is the deal with the Macs pipe?

Crazy4Flight 05-14-2006 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

Dave- there you are... When we going flyin?

Crazy- Pretty good rainy day I must admit- What is the deal with the Macs pipe?
MORE POWER !!! [sm=punching.gif]

More RPM !!! [sm=wink.gif]

Can't find the Muffler??? [sm=bananahead.gif]

Dump the exaust (oil) further aft ???:D

BOB

vicman 05-15-2006 08:16 PM

Is that the one with the hosed up elevator linkage?

Crazy4Flight 05-15-2006 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: vicman

Is that the one with the hosed up elevator linkage?
if you mean having to make a giant z-bend to make it thru the fuse and then the wire acts like a spring...Yep

crasharama 05-16-2006 02:55 AM

So the US version isn't that much better than ours with the servo hangin out in the breeze then??? I think Vic was talking about ours as he said the same thing when he saw mine. Its a shame as the rest of it isn't too bad, & it fly pretty well

Tony.

vicman 05-16-2006 08:51 AM

I thought so. You may want to go back and view the thread about the Aussi version and how they tried to fix it. Considering your history you will want a tight back end[8D].

HaveBlue 05-16-2006 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think Vic meant this hosed up elevator linkage..this is the aussie version..stupid!!!

I dont think you have to worry about it ..but I'd still change the supplied control horns , as Ive heard of similar failures with the sukhio kits they have and yep it was the elevator