RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Its Bobcat nice (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/4580021-its-bobcat-nice.html)

Logan X 08-03-2006 05:14 PM

Its Bobcat nice

hi people what did you think about this Bob cat
[link]http://www.nitroplanes.com/usbojet5051n.html[/link]

Cyclic Hardover 08-03-2006 07:09 PM

RE: Its Bobcat nice

Well, I don't kow much about Nitro planes but i had often considered a Bobcat type. So at that price, Get one before they get sued. I think I will and stick it in the closet until I need it.

Flyboy Dave 08-03-2006 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sweet !! I ordered a yellow one. :D

FBD. :D

Logan X 08-03-2006 07:18 PM

they think that it holds .91?

Cyclic Hardover 08-03-2006 07:46 PM

I don't know, by the dimensions of the plane , it looks close to the overall size of the Phoenix F20. With that , i would consider at least a 60. Propping it right will be fun.

Isaac F 08-03-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Flyboy Dave
Dude, you have not finish yet the Nitro Plane Starlight 40 and you already order the Bob Cat[X(]
Well in that case here is another one I recomend you http://www.nitroplanes.com/xx.html :D

Good luck and keep us updated with your reviews.

Isaac

Cyclic Hardover 08-03-2006 09:52 PM

Hey can we get retracts in this puppy?

Mods-R-Me 08-04-2006 04:36 AM

I can add a little bit of info to this subject. I'm designing and kitting a 0.90 size Kingcat-like pusher, but I called BVM (the makers of the Bobcat/Kingcat series) and asked permission to do so. Their only requirement was I not use the word "cat" in the name. Awesome guys [sm=thumbup.gif]. I don't know if nitromodels made the same phone call.....

bob27s 08-04-2006 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I received a solicitation from a chinese company a while back, offering me a container of the planes.

That literature said they came with retracts pre-installed. Im not sure what Nitroplanes has for sale though.

The plane looks cute - definately is 46-50 size. A larger 60 engine is not going to fit very well.

What bothers me is with the literature and letter I received, it is called everything from a Bobcat 46, Bobcat 50 to a Bobcat 52 in different places.

Looks like the same plane though.

burgh_guy61 08-04-2006 09:10 AM

The one thing that has me confused is, 4 channel calling for 8 servos??

MJD 08-04-2006 10:26 AM

Hmm.. looks like a potential pulse jet conversion to me. Chop off a little upper fuselage ahead of the engine mount, a couple of mods here and there.. hmmmm.... [8D]

Cyclic Hardover 08-04-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Flyboy Dave

Flyboy, Let me know what you think of this thng when you get it. Going on just looks alone is worth $125. Is it retract capable and stuff like that.

Thanks.

Cyclic Hardover 08-04-2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: bob27s

I received a solicitation from a chinese company a while back, offering me a container of the planes.

That literature said they came with retracts pre-installed. Im not sure what Nitroplanes has for sale though.

The plane looks cute - definately is 46-50 size. A larger 60 engine is not going to fit very well.

What bothers me is with the literature and letter I received, it is called everything from a Bobcat 46, Bobcat 50 to a Bobcat 52 in different places.

Looks like the same plane though.
Well you know how those Chinese are. That Purple Voodoo was called a Dago Red. For $160 I took a chance and mentally wrote it off as a junker but turned out to be one of my better flying planes. This Bobcat, 46,50 whatever could be a good catch if the construction is good.

Grodus 08-04-2006 08:09 PM

Dang It! I was going to modify a DC F-20 kit to make one of those in a 40 size. Oh well, I think I will do it anyway

Grodus

Cyclic Hardover 08-04-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Grodus

Dang It! I was going to modify a DC F-20 kit to make one of those in a 40 size. Oh well, I think I will do it anyway

Grodus
Thats funny, I had thought of that once also.

bahamadude 08-04-2006 10:11 PM

Anyone got their plane flying yet ?

Cyclic Hardover 08-04-2006 11:10 PM

With the sleek fron end and nothing blocking the prop, I would expect this to keep up with the best of the .40 size F 20's. How about the second annual "Flyboy Dave vs Razor.

Cyclic Hardover 08-04-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Mods-R-Me

I can add a little bit of info to this subject. I'm designing and kitting a 0.90 size Kingcat-like pusher, but I called BVM (the makers of the Bobcat/Kingcat series) and asked permission to do so. Their only requirement was I not use the word "cat" in the name. Awesome guys [sm=thumbup.gif]. I don't know if nitromodels made the same phone call.....

You know, for what it's worth, why don't you have us come up with a suitable name. Both for fun and serious. Since you can't use the word cat, guess "pussey" is out of the question eh?:D I just re read the description on this thing. I noticed "factory installed components." Could that possibly be the retracts Bob is talking about?

peekaboo40 08-05-2006 12:04 AM

I just ordered the yellow one also. Didn't like the 26.74 I got hit
for shipping, Its coming by UPS Ground but figured if you want
to play you got to pay.

Flyboy Dave 08-05-2006 12:47 AM

:D....Hi propnut40....welcome to the group....[sm=thumbup.gif]

Yo, Cyclic....I think a Tower .75 might be OK on one of these....;)

sea fury 08-05-2006 05:00 PM

Hi everybody. Ive got to get me one of the yellow ones, too. Its just what Ive been looking for. Cant wait to get it!

Mods-R-Me 08-06-2006 01:24 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Mods-R-Me

You know, for what it's worth, why don't you have us come up with a suitable name. Both for fun and serious. Since you can't use the word cat, guess "pussey" is out of the question eh?:D I just re read the description on this thing. I noticed "factory installed components." Could that possibly be the retracts Bob is talking about?
Naw, I don't think I could market that name....or maybe I could :D. Since you volunteered, what should I call it?

ChuckL 08-06-2006 09:39 AM

One of my buddies just received the 40 size ultimate from these guys shipping was a little on the high side but he said the plane looks great, but of course it hasn't flown yet.

Flyboy Dave 08-08-2006 08:44 PM

Mine arrived today....I'm thinking about cramming a Tower .75 in it. :D

bob27s 08-09-2006 08:21 AM

Dave,

does it have retracts of fixed ?

Bob