RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Arrest warrant For new Outlaw in the air! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/4587235-arrest-warrant-new-outlaw-air.html)

Coors2u 08-05-2006 05:39 PM

Arrest warrant For new Outlaw in the air!

1 Attachment(s)
!!!WANTED!!! Outlaw seen breaking speedlimits and rules of general Flight. There are some photos of the Outlaw.

Coors2u 08-05-2006 05:41 PM

RE: Arrest warrant For new Outlaw in the air!

1 Attachment(s)
More Photos

Ken Bryant 08-05-2006 05:53 PM

DETAILS MAN, what engine?

Coors2u 08-05-2006 06:01 PM

It has a Webra 36 on a home built moose can muffler. Hitec 5945 all around accept for the throttle which has a hs-81. I am hoping to fly it tomorrow. There are about five guys in my club who have them so I had too have one to.

Cyclic Hardover 08-05-2006 11:44 PM

You know ,with all the brain power we have here and as many Diamond Dust style planes i have seen. Not one time had I ever seen an engine mounted sideways on a Dust/whiplash/Outlaws. That totally eliminates the need for a rear exhaust engine ,yet uses a standard pipe.

ChuckL 08-06-2006 12:37 AM

I just got around to the maiden on my outlaw that I built over the winter it flies great. It has a TT36 but not for long I have a new Jett 35 waiting to go on it, not near as fast as my DD but with the rudder adds a new twist with flat spins and inverted flat spins from a Full throttle pass, I also just maidened my viper that has a quickee jett 40 on it that I bought from cyclic, that plane screams with that engine combo.

RC Larry-RCU 08-07-2006 06:36 PM

Saw Coors2u test his OUT LAWwwwwwwwwww yesterday. Flew great, and hardly any trim needed. Motor was very tight from start at the top of the stroke.. Took it apart before firing, all looked good, no marks, no metal etc. Started it up, launched it, and ZING! Fastest roll rate I've seen on one to date. About 3 minutes into the flight motor stopped suddenly. It was landed. Immidiately noticed motor was tight even at the bottom of piston stroke. Pulled the head and saw reason. Motor ate its own ass! But as for the plane, it's awesome! This was his 1st covering job as well. Pretty good huh? :) Dont know who framed it up and rigged the linkage and radio, but MAN it was built nice! Huh Dusty????? LOL

bob27s 08-08-2006 09:52 AM

did the engine loose one of the wrist pin retaining springs?

cncswiss1 08-08-2006 02:38 PM

I'm having a hard time with the search function lately, all it returns are newer posts

is the outlaw a kit or a set of plans?

thanks
JD

Coors2u 08-08-2006 08:37 PM

It is only a set of plans for now. I have heard rumors of an arf but we will see. There also used to be some short kits but i don't think they are avaliable any more.

cncswiss1 08-09-2006 12:24 PM

can anybody clue me in to where these plans can be found?

*edit bad spelling*

Coors2u 08-14-2006 06:39 PM

Flew the new outlaw again this weekend with a loaner engine from a guy in my club. All I can say is wow it flies like nothing you can describe. The way it can go from level to straight up or the roll rate. You have to fly one to get a feel for what they really can do. I am just glad I had such a good builder because it flew like an arrow. All I have to do now is get some more stick time and I will be doing Kentucky pile drivers and (WADS) on the deck just like Jerry Smith.

jaybenson5 08-14-2006 08:16 PM

Ya did good with that thing yesterday Dust. The low pass I saw was very cool. My engine and servos were on the porch when I got home so I got to go make more "OUTLAW" dust!

Strykaas 08-15-2006 03:12 AM

Coors2u

I will be doing Kentucky pile drivers and (WADS) on the deck just like Jerry Smith
What are these tricks ? What does WADS stand for :D ? Could you please describe them ? Or is there a video showing them somewhere ?

Thanks

Coors2u 08-15-2006 09:03 PM

The Wad is when you do a high speed pass a pull vertical instantly a do a violent snap where the plan just goes end over end and every direction it is amazing that the plane does not explode then you just fly away. A pile driver is when you dive from a high altitude on high rate and just about at tree top level you do a blender while the plane is spinning so fast you can't count the rotations.

Strykaas 08-16-2006 01:36 PM

thx coors2u [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Julian537 08-20-2006 10:41 PM

Where does someone get plans for one of these planes?

Coors2u 08-22-2006 06:39 PM

You Have to find a buddy that has them or search the web for any signs of them. There are some floating around but people don't give them up often.

jaybenson5 08-28-2006 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost there Dusty. Should be covering by the end of the week if I can stop working on my trailer long enough. Larry cheked it out saturday and said it exceeds Luco standards

Rocketman612 08-28-2006 09:36 PM

Jaybenson5

Nice Outlaw. Where did you get the idea to to add balsa to the wingtip leading edge?? Nice touch should make the tips stronger and easier to cover.

Pete

jaybenson5 08-28-2006 09:40 PM

The outlaw builder in my club does it that way. RCLarry. He's given me a lot of good advice on this build.

Coors2u 08-29-2006 09:17 PM

Jay that thing is looking awsome.

jaybenson5 08-29-2006 09:21 PM

Been painting in the trailer till dark. then got the light in there. Guess i can get an hour or 2 on the outlaw now.

ifly3d 08-31-2006 04:11 PM

Jay, That looks good man, cant wait to see you fly it.

www.joshbunn.com

see ya,josh

jaybenson5 09-04-2006 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All covered and hinged. should be in the air this weekednd.