RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Confused about YS (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/4977836-confused-about-ys.html)

slojoe 11-10-2006 01:35 AM

Confused about YS

I have a problem with a ys 60 the engine runs good from idle to 3/4 throttle anything after that it dies like lack of fuel. The confusing part is that I have a ys 45 the pressure line is connected to the fitting closes to the carb and the feed line is connected to the other one next to the prop. The 60 will only run with lines reversed from how the 45 is connected. I'm using wildcat 20/20 fuel,OS #8 glow plug, and a macs 1160 tune pipe trying to turn a 10x10 prop. Please help me with my confusion

soarrich 11-10-2006 10:19 AM

RE: Confused about YS

It sounds like you're not getting enough fuel. My two YS's have always run nicely, so I never had to play with the pump part, but I would make sure your fuel lines are as short as possible, and as large as possible. I would also take the high-speed needle valve out and with some fuel in the line blow through the line to see if you can blow any crap out. I'd also back the idle screw out some, then test the top end. I have a ST .40 FAI motor that had the same problem and it was the idle screw was in so far it could be used like the high-speed adjustment, I don't know if it's applicable to the YS though.

freakingfast 11-13-2006 12:17 AM

Is you're check valve in the right line, direction and working properly?

bob27s 11-13-2006 09:56 AM

open up the regulator about 1/8 of a turn

slojoe 11-14-2006 07:57 PM

The check valve is in correctly. The weird thing is this motor is running with the fuel lines crossed It will not run with lines like they are suppose to be as per directions. It runs flawlessly from idle to 3/4 throttle but at wot it just dies. It doesn't lean out and die, it doesn't sputter and spit and die. It just like the fuel was shut off and glow plugged died all at the same time. Engine is not hot nor is the carb dripping fuel. I can't figure it out.

freakingfast 11-15-2006 11:36 PM

I think that the 10x10 prop may be too much for it. My numbers show it should hit the wall at 14,500 on the ground, best case. You got me with the crossed lines thing.

bob27s 11-16-2006 09:34 AM

did you replace the plug ?

if it shuts off rapidly, it may mean the regulator is blocked, or damaged, or out of adjustment.

petec 11-16-2006 10:58 AM

Make sure the regulator housing is on in the right direction. I for one have put them on backwards when not paying attention.

slojoe 12-13-2006 10:57 PM

I was told that the diaphram may have a hole in it. I ordered a few of them since they don't make these motors anymore. I keep ya posted. I might have to give these up and get a Jett .60 to replace it

buzzingb 12-15-2006 02:42 PM

Make sure you don't have a restriction (kink, pinch, tank moved or narrow turn) in your fuel line. Another thing to check is the tank and all fuel system before you start the mechanic work on stuff. It is amazing how this stuff can cause a problem yet be so simple.

slojoe 12-22-2006 07:31 PM

Its not the tank the end of it sticking thru the firewall the lines are right there I checked all the lines and even replaced them at the field. I checked the check valve and the filter no obstructions in neither but the check valve was hard to blow thru at first. I even changed it out with a new one still having the same problem gonna go in and change the diaphram. If all else fales I'm buying a Jett. I have a ys 45 also not one bit of problem with it from day one.

slojoe 04-01-2007 06:19 AM

Just to let you guys know its running like a top now. Its alittle hard to start at first but when shes hot shes HOTT

proptop 04-01-2007 06:37 AM

[8D]
So....
What did you have to do to get it running better?

Gray Beard 04-01-2007 09:59 AM

Right, you shouldn't just leave us hanging. What did you find wrong?

hummingbird111 04-13-2007 12:57 AM

Inquireing minds want to know ,,,,,hummm??? wonder how he got it going??