RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   color scheme designs (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/4996211-color-scheme-designs.html)

willflyforfood 11-14-2006 06:22 PM

color scheme designs

Hey I just thought I would ask and see who thought it would be a good idea to make a thread that was strictly for color scheme layouts for our planes. A good paint/covering job can make the difference between your plane blending with the rest of the crowd and a showstopper no matter what the type of plane is. It would give the guys who like to do that stuff a place to showcase thier art and the people who may not be so handy at it good ideas. What do you think?

soarrich 11-14-2006 07:28 PM

RE: color scheme designs

1 Attachment(s)
The perfect color scheme for all occasions!:D The bottoms all red.

Razor-RCU 11-14-2006 11:56 PM

Outstanding idea!

I think EVERY airframe should be completed in:

1. Blue Angels Scheme
2. Thunderbirds Scheme
3. Anything stars & stripes baby!

crasharama 11-15-2006 05:50 AM

Royal blue, yellow, red & white always stands out & grabs attention.

But if you are after your own colour scheme you always use without fail, talk to Dave Norman, its GREEN, GREEN, & GREEN

Tony :D

daven 11-15-2006 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, first they need to have a base coat of white, with black, and especially green trim. Added checkerboards are a bonuse :)

daven 11-15-2006 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one turned out nice also!

soarrich 11-15-2006 06:23 PM

daven

You must be ROTFL when guys talk about how fast thier planes are, you got some fast lookin' airplanes there! Nice color scheme too!

willflyforfood 11-15-2006 06:51 PM

thaose look great dave I like the second quickie.

RANIERY 11-15-2006 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
how about this

Mods-R-Me 11-15-2006 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: RANIERY

how about this
Out-flipping-standing [sm=thumbs_up.gif]. How much did that cost? If you did it yourself, how much do you charge? If your not painting anymore, please make a "how to" paint thread so other may benefit.

Mods

willflyforfood 11-15-2006 09:45 PM

See now thats what i'm talking about, thats a good design.

Crazy4Flight 11-15-2006 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Fibreclassics Kangaroo jet at Michigan jets a few years ago.

daven 11-16-2006 12:41 AM

Its all in good fun, I respect anyone that wants to go fast. I saw the plane that Ray posted in Florida a year or so ago and it looked awesome. The kid that painted that plane, had painted a couple others, and they all looked great. Personally, for these types of nearly disposable airframes I like something that has good contrast in the air, not extreme details that look great on the ground.

bob27s 11-16-2006 09:16 AM

I have given up putting anything beyond a nice, visible, easily identifiyable, functional finish on my racing planes :)

My last F-1 ship (1987?) was beautiful, with hand-rubbed auto paint on it. A buddy of mine and myself worked on that thing for months. It lasted 4.3 heats until a midair. [&:]

Sport planes ..... worth taking some time on :)

RANIERY 11-16-2006 11:24 AM

well, mods i didn't paint the plain but the kid who did it. did it for a very good price to us, he is painting two more plains for me now as well as jets, boats hellis, motorcycles and what ever he can get his hands on. if you have something to be paint i can pm you his phone number and his dad cause he is like 14 or 15 years old.
the only thing it's that he goes to school and does the painting in the free time but the waiting time it's worth it. trust me.

and by the way he picked the paint design on that plain, not me.

i'll see if i can get more of his designs on this thread.

canardlover 11-19-2006 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice thread, here is my contribution in the form of a pylon machine I have painted for maximum visibility. I´m 62 and this ship is fast...:D....Cheers/Harald

hummingbird111 11-22-2006 01:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
mabey you might not have seen this one,,, anyways ,,, enjoy..:D

hummingbird111 11-22-2006 01:18 AM

bottom side is black with invasion stripes