RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   info on supertigre .61X K fire engine (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/5283645-info-supertigre-61x-k-fire-engine.html)

propjets4me 01-18-2007 05:18 AM

info on supertigre .61X K fire engine

Hi to all, might have a chance to get a St .61K engine x series with front induction rear exhaust , it's suppose to be in very good condition but I was wondering if any of you speed freaks have one or have had any experience with this engine?

If I can locate one, I might see about running it on a whiplash

so if anyone can suggest a good prop/fuel combo that would help

P.S I did a search of the engine forum and couldn't find anything so I thought I'd ask here
sorry if this isn't the correct forum to ask

thanks
Frank

proptop 01-18-2007 07:39 AM

RE: info on supertigre .61X K fire engine

Is that the one with the square head?
I asked the same question in the "Club Supertigre" thread in the Glow Engines forum...

Another answer I got (elsewhere ) was that the X .60-.61 was of the "Pattern" era when everybody was trying to spin an 11 X 7 as fast as they could, and it's ported and timed to rev.

I'm far from an expert on them, but from the info I have gleaned, they don't need/like a lot of nitro either...and prop it to rev.

Mac's would have a 10cc size pipe...just need a header.
Do you have a cast on to the cyl. round exh. stack, or a flange for a bolt on pipe adapter?

bob27s 01-18-2007 12:53 PM

The engine runs ok ...... but was never in a league with the OS, YS, Webra or Rossi.

However I seem to recall Hanno Prettner flew one in the Calypso for a while.

Not too bad of an engine if you set it up with a longer pipe and a 12x9. Ok power for lighter pattern ships in the 7 to 7.5 lb range.

Its heavy. IMO skip the whiplash idea.

Confused though.... the X series and the K seriese are quite different versions.

propjets4me 01-18-2007 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks for the reply, I thought it the "x" and "k" were different to too, but thats how its listed
it has the square head that looks just like the cureent series, eg gs40 - g90 and to answer proptop's question about the flange..it's bolted on

proptop 01-18-2007 04:22 PM

That must be one of the later ones...mine both have a round / low finned head...(early version ) and the FIRE has a tubular, cast-on exh. stack. (edit: and they came in the blue and white box )

I talked with "kweasel" (here on RCU ) about 'em...and he told me that there was an early, round cyl. and head version, w/ low fins, like mine, and a later, "square" head version with tall fins...but the head and case on yours looks even more "massive" and the fins are taller than the "square" headed version I have seen before???
I recently saw (on epay ) a FIRE X .60 (or was it .61?) that had a cyl./head configuration that reminded me of a Thunder Tiger .46/.61 Pro, w/ the cast on round exh. stack?

I'm confused too...(not the first time today though...LOL)

I think mine...the early ones are ported/timed for r.p.m.?
I have a FISE and a FIRE (G.60's ) and they're both light...like basically the same wt. as the Enya .60X AAC Mk. III

propjets4me 01-18-2007 11:33 PM

thanks for trying to find out proptop, I appreciate the effort, when i see the guy I might just have a look at the documentation first, as bob27s said it's even more confusing labelled as a SupertigreX .61K fire..or if its a good torque motor might put it in a pattern plane

I just love rear exhaust engines rather than have mufflers out the side:D