RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Flap setup for patriot xl (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/5379644-flap-setup-patriot-xl.html)

le fou 02-06-2007 02:23 PM

Flap setup for patriot xl

Hello,

I am finishing my patriot xl and I am trying to setup my flap servos. I am using a Y connector and I was wondering if anybody could post pictures of their setup - how the servo arms are connected to the flaps. I think that I didn't mount mine correctly...

Thank you,

Le fou

Flyboy Dave 02-06-2007 07:44 PM

RE: Flap setup for patriot xl

Are you using four servos in the wing....two for the ailerons, and two for the flaps ?

FBD.

le fou 02-06-2007 08:30 PM

Yes, and since my receiver has only 8 outputs, I need to use a Y connector for the flaps. Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Thanks,

Le fou

Flyboy Dave 02-06-2007 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They just mount like the aileron servos. You can mount them straight onto the
wing....make some nacelles to cover them....or bury them into the wing. ;)

These are on my Ultra Stick, a very simple flap set-up.

FBD. :D

le fou 02-06-2007 11:28 PM

Flyboy Dave,

Thank you very much for the pictures. My problems is that the way I mounted the servos (and using a Y connector) made the flaps move like my ailerons instead of moving in the same direction.... I changed the arm on one of the servos but now I have different displacement and velocity on my flaps... Do you have any ideas on how to resolve the problem?

Thanks again,

Le fou

Flyboy Dave 02-07-2007 12:10 AM

Look at pic #2....see how the linkage pulls from straight on....when the servo is actuated (flaps)
the arm moves to a 90 degree position. This gives me about 45 degrees of flaps. (I never measured
it)....both flap servos move the same way....there is no need for special reversing switch's or
anything. Do you see what I mean ?

Dave.

le fou 02-07-2007 11:37 AM

Flyboy Dave,

I understand waht you mean but I am not sure that I am explaining my problem correctly. I will take some pictures when I am at home to make things easier to understand.

Thanks,

Le fou

bob27s 02-07-2007 12:26 PM

You can use a reversing Y harness to reverse one servo ......

Or since this is for landing flaps only.... you can probably get away with just swapping the servo arm to the other side..... the deflection offset is not enormouse.

le fou 02-07-2007 10:11 PM

I swapped the servo arm to the other side and I followed the setup as illustrated in your pictures and it works :D

Thank you for your help,

Le fou

Flyboy Dave 02-07-2007 11:27 PM

....[sm=thumbup.gif]

....good luck with the plane. :D