RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   antenna position for Patriot XL (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/5584868-antenna-position-patriot-xl.html)

le fou 03-19-2007 01:50 PM

antenna position for Patriot XL

Hello,

I am finishing my patriot xl and I mounted the receiver in the tail of the plane. The manual suggests to route the antenna towards the front of the plane. which I did. When mounted that way, the antenna has to be slightly routed in a circle in towards the front of the airplane. I will post a picture tonight. How are the other patriot xl owners mounted the antenna? Can you post a picture?

Thanks a lot,

Le fou

kamakazie frank 03-19-2007 06:45 PM

RE: antenna position for Patriot XL

1 Attachment(s)
Le Fou:

Follow the instuctions........you can't go wrong. Routed the black nyrod tube right up the side of the fuse from the receiver made a U turn and down a couple of inches. Works great!

Frank

KC36330 03-19-2007 07:00 PM

Dean's Whip Antenna = EZ installation

kc

le fou 03-20-2007 07:44 PM

Kamakazie Frank,

Thank you for your pictures. I have a question about the tank setup, I was thinking to od the same thing but where can i find a bigger clunk for my tank as well as the fuel tubing? Any suggestions for the tank modification?

Thanks,

Le fou

Razor-RCU 03-20-2007 10:43 PM

Frank, Pimp Patriot dude...That is sweet!! I dig the Hots also ;)

kamakazie frank 03-21-2007 05:55 PM

Le Fou:

The biggest problem with the Patriot XL is it's main gear setup...............a little too far too the rear. A lot of weight sets on the nose, especially with a large tank forward full with fuel. With the tank forward she takes a lot of runway and speed to rotate when it finally does she jumps off the ground.

I don't know what you are looking for in the way of modifying your tank setup but what I have there as you can see is a 16 oz Hayes tank on the CG with a 4 oz header tank in the nose. I used the large fuel tubing feeding the 16 oz tank and standard tubing to the engine from the header tank.

Frank

kamakazie frank 03-21-2007 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Razor:

Thanks for the compliment on both ships. That Hots is my favorite all around ship!!

I built that from the original kit..........one of my club members had it in his attic for 15 years and it took me one year of haggling for him to sell it to me...........lol.

Great flying.............fast ship!

Frank

le fou 03-21-2007 07:16 PM

Kamakazie frank,

Thank you for your reply. So, you are not using a bigger clunk in the 16 oz. fuel tank? How did you mount the 16 oz. fuel tank? Did you build a special "bed"? Why are you using the header tank and not a direct feed to the engine?

Thank you very much for your help,

Le fou