RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   ATS NINJA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/5832203-ats-ninja.html)

MK KITS 05-09-2007 12:24 PM

ATS NINJA

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
I am new to this part of the forum as i usually frequent the classic pattern forum, but i often have a browse through this one. Wanting to make a contribution i thought i would post a pic of my new model, the ATS NINJA which is modelled on the ww2 kawasaki ki-61 Hien (tony) Has a glass fuselage, balsa skinned foam/glass cloth sandwiched wing of 47 inch span and RG13 section, powered by an OS 32 SX. Very smooth and very fast. . . . glides forever!

proptop 05-09-2007 01:14 PM

RE: ATS NINJA

[8D] I love it!
The Ki-61 is one of my favorite WWII fighters...
Is that kit currently available?
Wonder how one of those would go with a Nelson Q40 on it?!:D

Nice job BTW![sm=thumbup.gif] bet you can see it well...

(Daven should like the color too...:D)

P.S. Does it have the radiator scoop on the belly? (that could be done without IMO )

MK KITS 05-09-2007 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It is based on a funfighter kit and has been designed along with the mustang and ME109 for a new funfighter pylon class in this country (www.reno300.com). It does not have a scoop as it is not supposed to be scale, just resemble the real one. The kits are made to order, i am not sure what they would do for international orders as they are put together by two guys in their garages in their spare time. The 109 is the new addition and has not been raced yet, the mustang was the first and the tony soon afterwards both of which have been blooded in several racing events already! You put a nelson in it. . . . .you would probably s!?$ yourself!!!

MK KITS 05-09-2007 03:04 PM

Forgot to add hat i did not build this one, it was built for me by the same two guys . . . .and yes they have done a good job. Talented chappies!!

Kmot 05-10-2007 12:28 AM

Oh man! That Ninja is gorgeous!

HaveBlue 05-10-2007 02:48 AM

I have to agree with Kmot that is gorgeous, I really like the me 109 too( my fav ww11 fighter)

I would lean towards putting in a Jett 35...or.... what the heck I'd even be really tempted to drop in the 60LX..lets not muck around now:D

MK KITS 05-10-2007 04:57 AM

A jett 35 has been fitted to one of these, i have not seen it go yet but i an willing to bet it is no slouch! The fuselages are pre-coloured in the mould, you can choose your colour when ordering. I have another ninja on the way in kawasaki purple and a Ferrari mustang as in the photo. The fuselages are alovey bit of work and the kits take next to no time to finish as the hardwork has been done for you!

proptop 05-10-2007 09:06 AM

Are the guys that make the airplanes members of RCU?
If they haven't seen this thread, maybe you could tell 'em about the interest in their kits? [8D]

daven 05-10-2007 10:58 AM

Great looking planes, and I do love the Green Ninja.

Micky looks good on the ME-109 also!

I think a Jett .35 would be perfect. Hmmm....

MK KITS 05-10-2007 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They are not members but i have been in contact with them to ask about international orders, cost etc and contact details. I have included a couple of photos that show are racing activities and one from the shows we atend as the funfighter team, generally we use the wood kits for the show slots as with anything from 8 to 15 . . . . .and at one show 17! models in the air at one time, the attrition rate can be high and wood is easier to repair! the model is one of the girls from a national newspaper.

rmenke 05-10-2007 01:24 PM

Daven & crew:

The Jett 35 would make this puppy scream. Not as fast as a pylon 40, but will be user friendly and turn a healthy prop around 19K. Wanted to order the model in white, but then my bubble burst into reality. You young kids would not know anything about this----yet. The 35 has been my favorite engine of all time until the 60LX came out. Now its love at first flight. Jett needs t0 make a LX version in the 35 available. Bobs 27 says he can, have not contected Dub yet to see what the $$$ would be. There is a LR-1 just sitting in the shop screaming for a hot 35. Do not have any incentive for a LX 35 at the moment, the 60LX is not yet used much out of a sense of fair play I never knew I had. When you lap the crowd twice in 10 laps, you know you have a serious advantage. No doubt someone will come up to the plate with a condender in the near future. Such is the world of club racing. ENJOY

proptop 05-10-2007 03:31 PM

After I got done looking at the girl, I noticed what appears to be a clipped wing Spitfire? (the blue/white one at her L. foot ):D

daven 05-10-2007 03:32 PM

I already have a Jett .35, and it is a sweet motor.

MK KITS 05-10-2007 03:41 PM

The spitfire belongs to Danny (guy with white shirt on the right) he chopped it about a bit for experimentation, he used it in the racing class but it mushes in the turns and was not much faster. . . . no match for the glass tony or mustang. Will post some more pics in a mo.......

MK KITS 05-10-2007 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The picture of the 109 was taken after i had tangled with another funfighter and he chewed this hole in my wing,we both landed ok, it was patched up and flying in our next slot. The 190 behind did not fair so well after rx failure. The two mustangs are teh original glass prototypes and the other pic is of our pit area at the last show of 2006. . . . .with the blue spit in the foreground.

MK KITS 05-10-2007 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few more shots for you. . . . . . . .

Strykaas 05-11-2007 04:52 PM

I am in for a Ninja kit too :D, and a green one please ! Is there any chance to be able to order one ?

Thanks for posting this [8D]

MK KITS 05-11-2007 06:18 PM

If you look at www.reno300.com you will get all the contact information you need. The guy you want is mike mayne and can be contacted at . . . [email protected]. I think the kits of all three are $400us but you will have to talk to him. Well worth it though. . . . they are awesome!!!!

Strykaas 05-12-2007 04:02 AM

Ok thank you MK_kits, email sent :D

MK KITS 05-12-2007 07:12 PM

Have been busy working on some new models for the coming season. . . . . for which the opener is next weekend, will post pics shortly. Have been surprised by the interest shown in these models and it has been very encouraging, hopefully in time these racers will be more readily available in the states. There is always an active development program going on behind the scenes trying new things. . . .construction styles, wing sections etc. Alan who did the work for all are moulded racers is a master of the 'black art' and it shows!

MK KITS 05-15-2007 06:29 AM

Have flown the green tony. . . and as expected it did not disappoint! will try for flying shots next time as we had a small weather window this time.

Strykaas 05-15-2007 02:03 PM

Still no answer from them :(

MK KITS 05-17-2007 09:25 AM

I am seeing him this weekend so i will talk to him.

Strykaas 05-17-2007 10:39 AM

Ok thank you :)

Strykaas 05-23-2007 04:40 PM

MK KITS (what's your name btw ?)

I have been contacted by the kit builder. I had been given a quote, which sounds a bit high, but finally sounds not that expensive for a full fibre kit. I'll have to think about it. Thx