RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Will this Combo Work Guys ??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/6404574-will-combo-work-guys.html)

DragonHeart 09-23-2007 04:38 PM

Will this Combo Work Guys ???

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question..............

Im looking start one of my old kits lying around its a Top Gun Fast Forward....................... as its been on the waiting to do list for along time now............ The top gun site states the following 'Top Gun’s new Fast Forward Pylon Racer captures the spirit of this ultimate of flying classes. Designed around an economic .40 size engine, it is a model that is within reach of any intermediate flyer looking for something fast. We flew ours with a hot .40 unleashing true racing performance. The FFW streamlined, aerodynamic design provides some breathtaking passes. However it is equally exciting as an aerobatic sport plane with solid tracking, quick turns and predictable landings'

Im thinking of putting in a Rossi 53 i have looking for a home.............

The Question is do you think this will be too much for this........ i am looking for speed............... so if i go ahead with it what size prop would you recommend to start with.........

Thx for any input guys :)

soarrich 09-23-2007 05:07 PM

RE: Will this Combo Work Guys ???

Too much?:D:D:D It's just a good start. These guys will be telling to put a Jett 90 in it!

combatpigg 09-23-2007 05:16 PM

That plane is beautiful. The way they worked that engine into the cowl is very cool. I think the Rossis are heavy for their displacement, my .45 is as big as some .60s, but as they say, "smoke 'em if you got 'em".

Flyboy Dave 09-23-2007 06:23 PM

....nice plane. The Rossi .53 might be real ggod in it, and since you already
have the engine....go for it. A 9-8 would be a good place to start. ;)

NoOneFlysAtMyClub 09-23-2007 11:01 PM

Is this plane available in the US?

rmenke 09-24-2007 02:53 PM

DragonHeart:

Very nice looking plane, would or should sell well on this side of the pond if they will scoot. Your cheepest and most approporiate engine for this puppy would be the Webra 55, broken in with loving care, stick a 10 X 10 on it and it should really scoot. If not fast with this motor, sell it on e-bay. If you really want a moover and shaker, nothing out there equal to a Jett 60 LX. Same size, almost the same weight as the 40, tons of power and above all else, user friendly. Imagine screeming around with 18-20K available, when through terrorizing the gang, pull it back for a solid reliable idle and landing, taxie in as with any other sport airframe. Wonderful engine!!! ENJOY

jeffk464 09-24-2007 08:54 PM

That is one sexy plane, somebody really needs to import it.

Razor-RCU 09-27-2007 11:09 PM

menke with that Webra and a 10x10 again....geeesh-

A Rossi-53 will be great...My Rossi-53 preferred to be loaded a little more than the 45 so I would suggest a 10x8 or 9x9. What are the dimensions of this bird?

DragonHeart 09-28-2007 12:57 AM

Thx for all the comments.............

Razor the dimentions are

Spec Check:

Wingspan: 56-1/4” (1429 mm)
Length: 45-3/4” (1162 mm)
Wing area: 460 sq in (29.68 dm sq)
Weight: 4.0-4.4 lb (1.8-2.0 kg)
Engine (not included): 0.40 (2 Stroke)
Radio (not included): 4 Channel

http://cmldistribution.co.uk/product...tId=0000000690

The rossi seems like it will be a little big, still yet to decide with the rossi or a 46 FX........

:)