RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Cermark F-18 cracking (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/6461437-cermark-f-18-cracking.html)

funflyerf4 10-07-2007 05:56 PM

Cermark F-18 cracking

Hey anyone else with the Cermark F-18 having any problems with cracks in the fuselodge?There is a raised lip 3" in front of the fake air intakes.I have cracks growing up both sides from the bottom by the wheel opening all the way up the front is flexing bad.Check your planes.And no there was no hard landings.I have about 60+ flights now.I also have a Robart strut on the front.I will call Cermark on Monday.

phjoker 10-07-2007 06:19 PM

RE: Cermark F-18 cracking

your flying it tooo much LOL LOL

funflyerf4 10-07-2007 06:26 PM

I guess the bright side of this is at least it is not the cockpit canopy like my F-16 cracking.;)

Flyboy Dave 10-07-2007 06:31 PM

...my old style Cermark F-16 was a rag after two dozen flights. [X(]

CrashPro 10-07-2007 09:14 PM

Just checked mine.....no cracks.....only 5 flights on it so far tho funflyer.....thanks for the heads up,..will keep my eye on it.

virtualvictum 10-07-2007 09:23 PM

Hey guys, about 15 flights on mine with no cracks developing yet. I will watch mine as well and post reply if I notice any.

bob27s 10-08-2007 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: funflyerf4

Hey anyone else with the Cermark F-18 having any problems with cracks in the fuselodge?There is a raised lip 3" in front of the fake air intakes.I have cracks growing up both sides from the bottom by the wheel opening all the way up the front is flexing bad.Check your planes.And no there was no hard landings.I have about 60+ flights now.I also have a Robart strut on the front.I will call Cermark on Monday.
Just blame it on those potholes up there in NJ :)

They have them in the sky too....

phjoker 10-08-2007 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: bob27s

OOOHHHH that hurts!!!!!!
Yea but funflyer and I fly off of a nice sod grass runway. We only hit the potholes in the vehicles on the way to
the field..LOL

bob27s 10-08-2007 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: phjoker

ORIGINAL: bob27s

OOOHHHH that hurts!!!!!!
Yea but funflyer and I fly off of a nice sod grass runway. We only hit the potholes in the vehicles on the way to
the field..LOL
Not sure if I related this at any time, but I'm from Long Island originally.... seen my share of tri-state potholes --- and I can defiantetly tell you, no place on earth has worse potholes than here in the Cleveland OH area !!

Although our club field is very nice.... good place to fly. I-90 would rip the landing gear off of a 767 come March.....

funflyerf4 10-09-2007 04:23 PM

Hey Bob I guess you know all about the Cross Bronx Express Way then;)You want to talk about pot holes.I have repaired the cracks and all is well again,talked to Cermark they said my retract and strut and wheel are on the way.Except for the cracks I am having a blast with plane.