RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   RIP Nitroplanes Kangaroo (Farce-1) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/7543228-rip-nitroplanes-kangaroo-farce-1-a.html)

Crazy4Flight 05-26-2008 04:19 PM

RIP Nitroplanes Kangaroo (Farce-1)

1 Attachment(s)
RIP Nitroplanes Kangaroo aka Farce-1

Farce-1 since it is a clone of BalsaUSA's Force 1

I got 1.5 flight on it.

Cause was the firewall failed. pushed in on the left side and put the deltawing into a hard left turn. Crash was off in the deep weeds, wings spar and fuse all took damage....probally will part this one out. I do have a Patroit kit that the retracts will fit

It has an OS .50SX and pitts muffler. SpringAir retracts & dual rudders added. Hitec thin wing servo in the stab for the elevator and elevon programming on the ailerons. I had plenty of elevator and had to dial down the ailerons. CG was 1/4-1/2" forward of the suggest mark and I did add tail weight before first fight.

ARF was $79.95 on the black friday sale. and thats about what it is worth.
canopy fit was good, nice laser cut parts, poor instruction manual.

combatpigg 05-26-2008 05:41 PM

RE: RIP Nitroplanes Kangaroo (Farce-1)

Dude, crashing into the deep woods of Michigan is no way to spend your holiday. Sorry to hear about your setback but thanks for the warning. Look at this like you just spent big bucks for dinner at a fancy restaurant, 12 hours later the results are the same as if you went to Jack in the Box. ;)

Crazy4Flight 05-26-2008 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the day before I had a turbine failure!

The gap between the case and starter housing does not belong!

It has been a tough weekend... but next weekend I maiden the Xciter!

Teedee 05-28-2008 07:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss :(but I too have a Kangaroo currently on the work bench. What was the balance point you used and how did it fly before the firewall failed? I have a OS 55AX and a cut down 11x8 APC pusher on a Bobcat right now but I plan on putting the 55AX on the Kangaroo.

Crazy4Flight 05-28-2008 07:13 PM

I had a OX .50SX APC 10x8 pusher.

flew well really did not have it 100% dialed in.

I did a build thread in the ARF forum.

CrashPro 05-29-2008 05:53 PM

I had one too.......had to add a ton of lead in the tail to balance with OS 46FX....bought mine for 79 bucks also.....agreed...thats about all it was worth. It was still nose heavy and only way to keep the nose up when landing was to be about half throttled up.....
Needless to say,...mine went in rather hard too...was fixable but in the trash it went[:'(] At least mine was out in the open desert...didn't have to dig through the woods.:) I had a flat servo mounted in the stab also.

Crazy4Flight 05-29-2008 09:13 PM

All that work into adding retracts and rudders AND ....

I forgot to take a 2 ounce bottle of thin Cya and dunp in inside the fuse and shake well

mumblety-peg 05-30-2008 02:43 PM

I fell your pain. All it takes is one mistake. I'm still mourning the loss of my Denon. I left out the beeper. Now I can't find it in the six foot tall weeds.