RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Extreme Cub... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/7938604-extreme-cub.html)

65010 09-09-2008 09:55 PM

Extreme Cub...

1 Attachment(s)
Origionally designed for SWRA`Warbird racing in the mid 90's. Now being built for fun. 400 sq in. OS 46 AX with Perf Spec muffler.

still4given 09-10-2008 09:26 AM

RE: Extreme Cub...

I've been wanting to build one of those. Do you have the plans?

Thanks, Terry

65010 09-10-2008 07:09 PM

Hi Terry:

I have the origional plans and will see if I can scan them or make copies. They are suitable for an experienced builder. You will need to cut the wing core and make a cowl and landing gear. I will send you a PM with details.

MJD 09-10-2008 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 65010

Origionally designed for SWRA`Warbird racing in the mid 90's. Now being built for fun. 400 sq in. OS 46 AX with Perf Spec muffler.
Ha ha! I love it! Looks like fun!

I am sketching up a similar thing but in 1/2A size right now - small, stupid overpowered, light, very maneuverable - and was inspired by the Cox plastic C/L Cub hanging from the workshop ceiling.
MJD

Oh btw I am interested in plans for this if they are available somehow.

still4given 09-11-2008 01:28 PM

Hi Tom,

Yes I am very interested in acquiring the plans. Let me know the cost and I will get the money to you. I saw Tony Pacini fly one of these at have wanted one every since.

Blessings, Terry

still4given 11-07-2008 09:20 PM

Hi guys,

Tom was kind enough to send me the plans and manual for this cub. Now I have some questions before I build it. The original one used a Nelson Q500, 40 for power and used the ReVlution airfoil reduced to an 8" cord, 48 " long plus tips, giving it a little over 400 Square inches.

Here are my questions.
I own a couple of engines that I think might work well though I know they won't be quite as fast as the Nelson.

The first is the Jett SJ50 with the gold pipe. To use it I would have to increase the wing area to 475 squares. The easiest way to accomplish this would be to go with a 9" cord and 48" span + tips which should be enough. To use this cub for Gold class, it needs to fly around 140 MPH. Do you think I can get there with this combination?

The other engine I am thinking about is a YS 45 with Ultra thrust muffler. For this I only need 438 squares which I could accomplish with an 8" cord and a 50" span + tips.

Anyway, I'm open for suggestions. There are no rules on how thick the wing needs to be so if you have a suggestion on a faster airfoil than the quickie wings let me know. I have to have the wing core cut anyway.

Also, what are the fastest Q500 airfoils if you know.

Thanks, Terry

still4given 11-08-2008 10:23 PM

BTTT