RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   MagnumR (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/8185469-magnumr.html)

MJD 11-26-2008 12:28 PM

MagnumR

I see there's a MagnumR listed on "an auction site" at the moment, for anyone that's looking for one.

vicman 11-26-2008 01:22 PM

RE: MagnumR

Is it yours?[>:]

MJD 11-26-2008 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: vicman

Is it yours?[>:]
Technically yes, for another three days.. :)

It's my spare kit. I almost stripped it down with the intention of moving the firewall back, glassing the fuselage, and otherwise doing what I thought might keep it together with a .65 in the nose, and pipe under the turtledeck. This just for squirts and giggles you see, an attempt to make one go 200 for real. But then I realized, who cares? Someone else needs it.

MJD

Crazy4Flight 11-27-2008 10:31 PM

ME wants...ME have JETT .60LX

I could freakout with this one. :D

vicman 11-27-2008 11:15 PM

Wouldn't that make your third???

MJD 11-28-2008 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight

ME wants...ME have JETT .60LX

I could freakout with this one. :D
You can't have it if you're gonna break it right away. [:o]

I sure would love to see one fly on a .60LX.

MJD

Crazy4Flight 11-28-2008 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: vicman
Wouldn't that make your third???
No, 4th.

The third is a used 1st generation waiting for radio installation.

This R would be my first R!

Crazy4Flight 11-28-2008 01:17 PM

[/quote]

You can't have it if you're gonna break it right away. [:o]

MJD
[/quote]

I wont break it, unless the ground jumps up in its flight path again. ;)

Bob

combatpigg 11-28-2008 02:26 PM

C4F, it would be cool to see a thread about mating the Jett.60 to the Magnum and then get it Wave-O-Scoped by our resident doppler tachs.

Crazy4Flight 11-28-2008 02:39 PM

I have the shoehorn... saved it after putting a JETT.50 into a LR-1

MJD 11-28-2008 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Crazy4Flight

I have the shoehorn... saved it after putting a JETT.50 into a LR-1
It's nothing, just a quick Dremel job to get some wood out of the way.

MJD

[email protected] 11-29-2008 05:57 PM

That sure was fun to watch right to the end!!

Crazy4Flight 11-29-2008 05:58 PM

I went way over my limit and was out bid.:eek:

I will have to fly a used Magnum 1st edition, that I got from a buddy. next year.:)

cmircman 11-29-2008 06:31 PM

Well whoever got it had deaper pockets than mine at this time. My wife was watching saying this is insane. LOL I guess I will just have to build a diamond dust. :D

MJD 11-29-2008 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: cmircman

Well whoever got it had deaper pockets than mine at this time. My wife was watching saying this is insane. LOL I guess I will just have to build a diamond dust. :D
The pace was insane, but the numbers aren't. Retail is a hundred pounds, about $160 USD, plus overseas shipping. It's brand new minus the elevator pushrods, so it went for about 20% off retail.

Added bonus - now I can concentrate on other things. In truth, after my little spending spree in the last two months (ack) I have decided to train myself to becoming addicted to selling versus buying. Knowing my penchant for little sprees, this might be the right tactic. You gotta be addicted to something, right*...? [:-]

MJD

* something cheaper than OPS speed engines anyhow..

[email protected] 11-29-2008 08:41 PM

Is anyone aware it is against Forum policies to advertise or even tell somebody you have something for sale unless the poster is popular on here???

I just had a moderator spell that out to me.

But this very Magnum R post is ok???

I guess it is who you know & who you, well you know.

Enjoy your political site!!!

:)

cmircman 11-29-2008 10:28 PM

MJD I remember when these were selling for under a hundred dollars. The price this one went for was still a good price but it was too much for me at this time. I wish I could take up your new hobby of selling instead of buying but I am like a little kid when it comes to these things. I never want to give up my toys. LOL :D

DamBo 11-29-2008 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SJ60Lx fits in perfectly and it is a blast.. They shortened the nose a little on the R but the engine fits perfectly.

MJD 11-29-2008 11:18 PM

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Is anyone aware it is against Forum policies to advertise or even tell somebody you have something for sale unless the poster is popular on here???

***??? [:-]

That's interesting.. someone I've never seen here jumps in with a political message, then tells us this is a political forum.

Buddy, I don't know anyone on this forum, period, except by chatting with them here.

And as for mentioning the Magnum, they are hard to find in North America, and this is a forum dedicated to such models, and there is a steady list of folks mentioning they are looking for one. So I thought it might be a bit of an on-topic favor to mention I put it up there. It is the first model airplane I have ever sold online, and only the second thing I have ever sold online period.

I do enjoy this forum.

MJD

Crazy4Flight 11-30-2008 09:01 AM

This is the shameless commerce division of RCU!

vicman 11-30-2008 09:37 AM

If someone ever has a problem with a thread all they need to do is hit the report button...Lest ye become labled a whiner.:(

Crazy4Flight 11-30-2008 10:24 AM

did mfracer wine about the Red Viper for sale?

The ad is gone. The post for about a viper for sale is gone.

vicman 11-30-2008 10:38 AM

Dunno?
Maybe he can jump into the Q500 forum and see how many guys are promoting their own kits and designs there these days. Or the Jet forum where guys are sharing what they are developing to offer for the masses.

I am not complaining about that at all! In fact I'm thankfull that the guys who have spent a lot of time developing successful racers are taking time to explain what they did and how it works for the rest of us. If they sell a few kits along the way great. It ain't like they are getting rich off this stuff at all.

Like I said if anyone ever has a gripe there is a simple button to push...it works, I've used it many times in the past.

Vic

[email protected] 11-30-2008 11:48 AM

Guys

Take it easy. If I offended anyone here I apologize.

I wasn't taking a shot at anyone here. I was directing my comment to all moderators & the way favortism is shown to popular high posters or regulars if you will.

MJD was only telling us that he had an extra Magnum which I was interested in like alot of you out there & directed us to the BAY.

MJD also never gave a price as though he was sloiciting to sell which I didn't see a problem with.

I told people in the Extreme Speed Forum & the Q500 Forum that i had an extra kit available in our own RCU Classifieds & never listed a price in the forums either as that would be wrong.

First a person in this forum commented that it was too high for him which I didn't ask for.

He basically told everyone I was trying to rip you all off as he could buy it cheaper. Thanks Crazy

Then a Moderator removes my post & says I broke forum policies???

People in the racing forums post their kits with prices & thats ok???

It appeared to me that there is a double standard for regulars with high post numbers "which is politics to me" which is not quite right.

I only offered a kit that was unobtainable all season long so I purchased plenty for myself at the full price & was only offering the extra kit to fellow speed freaks & was even offering it at less than I had in it.

Obvisouly I have ruffled feathers so if you feel the need to continue to be keyboard tuff & chime in with the others thats ok.

I appologize again & I'm out of here.

Mike :)

MJD 11-30-2008 12:14 PM

Guys

Take it easy. If I offended anyone here I apologize.

I wasn't taking a shot at anyone here. I was directing my comment to all moderators & the way favortism is shown to popular high posters or regulars if you will.
Obvisouly I have ruffled feathers so if you feel the need to continue to be keyboard tuff & chime in with the others thats ok.

I appologize again & I'm out of here.

Mike :)
Hey Mike - if you got jacked around by the rules and the apparently preferential way they are administered I'm sorry. From my point of view a little of your heat seemed to be coming my way, but perhaps not - if it was meant as a sarcastic dig in a different direction then I misenterpreted it. And besides, I wasn't so much offended as bewildered where that came from all of a sudden, so I explained why I thought it was okay mentioning that I was unloading a kit to a special interest group dedicated to such things. If you interpret that as "keyboard tuff", well.. or were you referring to someone else? I can't tell.

If a moderator had griped at me I would have volleyed back with something to say. I don't think I have any political swing here or anywhere else on RCU. Maybe some things get noticed and *****ed about, and others don't - I dunno.

When you jump into the middle of a thread with emotion jumping out of your message, I think it's a given that some people are going to do a double-take and say "whoa, what's this about?!". Relax, and hang around. There isn't a single forum or newsgroup or whatever, where there aren't a few little issues to grumble about. There are some pretty skilled people on here if you know who to listen to.

And some dorks like me :).

Cheers,

MJD