RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Screamin Demon Thuddddd..... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/9110357-screamin-demon-thuddddd.html)

smoknrv4 09-20-2009 05:24 PM

Screamin Demon Thuddddd.....

1 Attachment(s)
This is what happens when your covering decides to start peeling off on a high speed inverted turn, it was spectacular as it self destructed in the air before the big thud.:D
There were parts spread out about a 100 yard radius. All the internals are fine, which is a bonus, the engine and mount and everything was in a cluster about 50 yards away, couldn't find it at first,so i thought it was buried somewhere, a releif when I found it. We all had quite the chuckle about it after, Oh well, a perfect excuse to start on #2 Demon.

MJD 09-20-2009 05:44 PM

RE: Screamin Demon Thuddddd.....

Sorry it crashed, really, but, well, I'm trying hard not to giggle.. :)

The silver lining from my perspective is that this speaks wonders for the integrity of the airframe since the expensive bits all survived. Bummer though, you already bought a replacement. You'll need one to replace that though, eventually..

Just call me sensitive. [sm=lol.gif]

MJD

smoknrv4 09-20-2009 05:52 PM

You tilted your eyebrows when I told you it had wood dowels for spars[X(], but they were all still intact, no cracks even, I know:eek: but it was all I could find at the time of scratch building it, I didn't know you could buy CF arrow shafts at walmart at the time.

combatpigg 09-20-2009 06:05 PM

Sorry about the plane, but at least you found everything.....that's not easy to do. In the split second when stuff is happening it's hard to take it all in.

smoknrv4 09-20-2009 07:00 PM

I wasn't too worried about the crash ,Its had a lot of flights this year, it was going to happen sooner or later anyways, I just like the way it went in:D.

MJD 09-20-2009 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: smoknrv4

You tilted your eyebrows when I told you it had wood dowels for spars[X(], but they were all still intact, no cracks even, I know:eek: but it was all I could find at the time of scratch building it, I didn't know you could buy CF arrow shafts at walmart at the time.
Yeah, the darn thing held together didn't it?

smoknrv4 09-20-2009 07:27 PM

Yep, but this time I'll use CF for sure.

vicman 09-20-2009 08:15 PM

Finding the engine is a pretty big deal...I know. [&:]

That's pretty impressive that a .40 LA turning a 10X10 could do that :D

What was the magical covering?

smoknrv4 09-20-2009 08:21 PM

:D:D.46FX 9x7.