RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   My first Diamond Dust w/JETT FIRE 50. Flew great! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/921566-my-first-diamond-dust-w-jett-fire-50-flew-great.html)

ckoerner 07-03-2003 12:24 PM

My first Diamond Dust w/JETT FIRE 50. Flew great!

Here is my new Diamond Dust with a JETT FIRE 50. I liked the looks of my old Whiplash, so the scheme is almost the same.
http://www.911teletrainer.com/craig/dd.jpg

Thanks,
Craig
Craig's Page

Stuntpiloot 07-03-2003 12:50 PM

Looks cool :D,

Did you fly it already?

ckoerner 07-03-2003 01:01 PM

Thanks! No I didn't fly it yet. Hopefully this weekend. I have a few minor things to finish on it.
How does the straight header for the JETT FIRE work on this plane? I hate having the pipe up so high.
Thanks,
Craig

Dustflyer 07-04-2003 12:48 AM

Diamond Dust

Yeah Baby! Love it!

ckoerner 07-19-2003 06:13 PM

Finally got the first flight on it today. The JETT FIRE 50 ran perfectly. Second pass was full throttle 4ft off the ground. It was hard to find someone to hold it for me on launch. Now that it's trimmed out I can do it myself.

FlooredCOBRA 07-19-2003 07:54 PM

I finally flew mine for first time in a while. I totally had to restart getting used to it. Now I don't see how I used to fly as low as I could get it.

I told my buddy to check out my shaking hands. he said "I can tell by your antenna"... :eek: flew one more time and the covering blew off the bottom corner... Now talking about nerves being shot.... :rolleyes:

ckoerner 08-04-2003 11:47 AM

No Speed

The one thing that is bothering me is that it doesn't seem as fast as I thought it would be. I have more flights on it now. My .10 size shrike w/OS32 seems just as fast as my DD w/JETT FIRE 50. I'm turning 18,500 (8.75x9)on the ground with the JETT FIRE. I'm guessing it's probably doing 150mph. Shouldn't it be a little faster with this engine?
Thanks,
Craig

Dustflyer 08-04-2003 01:13 PM

Speed

You are in the ballpark but maybe a tad slow if you are turning that kind of rpm with 9 pitch.

Sounds like your engine could be sagging in the air or failing to unload.

When you hear guys talking about 200mph with a Dust or Whip they are referring to speed clocked out of a dive. I think 150 to 175 straight and level is really quite fast, but the further away the airplane is the slower it looks.

FlooredCOBRA 08-04-2003 09:13 PM

Sounds like something is not right yet. It should look like a ping pong ball in fast forward. I had a OS 46 FX on my first Dust and it was quick, fast to some others but not crazy fast. I could go up bank around and dive and fly over runway. I could actually hear the engine rev up picking up speed and watch it fly by then climb back up.

With the GRRT the engine sound never really changes, its the same sound banking diving turning. But it flys over runway like on fast forward, change directions and shot off other way. There is no picking up speed it pretty much stays same speed throughout. Not sure how the JETT is supposed to run like but sure it should be about the same thing.

ckoerner 08-11-2003 12:19 PM

Which was faster?

This weekend we took my Shrike(OS32w/tuned pipe) and my Diamond Dust (JETT FIRE 50) and did some timed runs. Believe it or not my Shrike was faster. I think the Dust is a better flier. I just have to figure how to get more speed. Am I using the right prop? 8.75x9!
Thanks,
Craig

Darwin 08-11-2003 09:26 PM

Hi,

Just curious about what prop you're using on your OS32SX Shrike. I am pulling the 25FX out of my Shrike (see 'Shrike 10 with Norvel 25 BB' thread) and replacing it with a 32SX.

Did you get a speed measurement? Its gotta be well over 130!

Darwin