Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone F-22 Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone F-22 Raptor

Sorry about the title but I do believe that Parkzone needs to build on the success of the F-27 Stryker buy coming up with an EPS F-22 Raptor with mid engine similar to the Yardbirds f-22 pictured below. With a fuse cost of $20 these things would fly off the shelves. They could put this thing together based on similar specs as the Stryker, then we would have some variety in the air when it came to dog fighting. Both planes would have very good flight capability and look great.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29512.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	977747  
Old 06-25-2008, 08:47 PM
aircraftking

Default RE: Parkzone F-22 Raptor

I think PZ should start development of a ducted fan jet. They are coming up with a brushless f4u corsair warbird in a few months, after this they need a nice rtf jet similar to all the ones on hobby lobby. Not sure why they don't have one yet.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 AM
maiden-crash

Because making a decent EDF with decent electronics made to fly like a jet should would cost a lot of money, and not many people would buy it when they could have the choice of buying a quality ARF and fitting it out themselves. The price of RC has dropped but a decent RTF jet is still a while off IMO.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Fisher

aircraftking,

I agree with maiden-crash. What PZ does well is bring entry or nearly entry level models to the public in an affordable form. An F-22 design using Stryker components would save them and us a tone of money so we would have two great modern fighters to play with. Going with a mid engine would add to safety factor and the main body allows for a larger electronics bay to work with. At $20 for a replacement fuse you would see all kinds of creative stuff being hacked by veteran fliers.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Fisher

Having flown the Stryker for quite a while and re-reading current posts I really think an F-22 Raptor build by ParkZone would be a great imporvement as it would provide a much stronger motor mounting system being a mid engine design. This basic design also allows for some pretty wild flight capability very much like the actual F-22.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:26 AM
crazychris46dividedby2

have you seen the thrust vectoring f-22 at rc super powers? check out a video of it, it will blow your mind
Old 09-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Fisher

Still flying my two Strykers and two profile F-22s. I am more convinced than ever that the F-22 would lend itself to a Stryker type of pre-molded construction. The flight characteristics of the F-22 are fantastic no matter what design you choose and the ability to provide a full body fuselage for $20 is still an unbelievable value. Just like the Stryker, builders could set it up as a slope soarer. Going with a mid engine design keeps the price down. If Parkzone goes with a ducted fan version they need to work on the fan to make sure that it isn't a whiney noise maker. Get back to your roots PZ and roll out a new full fuse F-22 fighter to take on the Stryker!