Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Should I get a Losi 8IGHT-T or CEN Matrix TR3???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Should I get a Losi 8IGHT-T or CEN Matrix TR3???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
ClammyBallz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get a Losi 8IGHT-T or CEN Matrix TR3???

I'd like to get a truggy. I was thinking of getting a Losi 8IGHT-T but then I noticed that CEN is coming out with a new truggy, the Matrix TR3.
http://www.cenracing.com/cars/matrix/matrixtr3.html
I don't plan on racing any time soon, just weekend bashing for now.
The 8IGHT-T runs around $700 and the Matrix is expected to be around $400-$500.
I really like the look of the Matrix, but none of my LHS carry CEN parts and I heard CEN's customer support is questionable. On the other hand, I don't really need telemetry thatLosi offers, but I can getparts.
If anyone owns a Matrix or 8IGHT-T, I'd like to hear the pros & cons.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:04 PM
jmaxey51

Default RE: Should I get a Losi 8IGHT-T or CEN Matrix TR3???

ive owned 3 Cens and all of them dont handle good at all, but they are tought as nails though. the servos will need to be replaced right off on both of them. the FM radio isnt good, could get some interference. i had 5 run aways using the FM the cen comes with but the losi DSM radio is very good. losi has a better engine too. there is a reason losi is 700 and cen is 400-500. cen is very hard to get parts for too, thats why i cant give away my pro kit buggy. also the cen tanks gets air leaks alot. but for Bashing the cen is probably better simply because it will hold up better than Losi.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:17 AM
vnmsgt

Wow! If that is the new CEN I think the old one looked way better and was built better. I see they lightened the truck more but it looks alot cheaper. But you never know. Looks arent everything to some people and it might actually be very good. I would get the Losi in a heartbeat over the CEN though. Also your right about customer service. Look CEN up on the better business beaureu. They have like an F rating or something like that.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:08 PM
lifeandhowtoliveit

I would stay away from CEN. I have a Matrixx TR that suits me fine, but I dont race it. I had one run in with CENs customer service and it was an absolute joke. I will never buy a CEN again.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:58 AM
69B|uEs
My Feedback: (87)

the TR3 is an outstanding Truggy....it handles unbelievable....the power from this engine is also outstanding....other than the customer service Cen offers i would rate them 8 outta 10
Old 09-02-2011, 03:45 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think CEN is out of business now !
Old 09-07-2011, 07:03 PM
colossus281

I was in the same place you are but with the rc8t and 8ight t. The way i see it is who has the experience, track time, testing and racing. To develop the best car. I mean what would you buy the ford raptor or just some lifted chevy.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:02 AM
KRO

ORIGINAL: supertib

i think CEN is out of business now !

Nope , their website is still up ?
[link]http://www.cenracing.com/main.html[/link]

I would get the 8ight T no doubt ! Parts will be easier to find and its a proven platform that is very reliable .
Old 09-12-2011, 07:54 AM
ClammyBallz

Well I went a little overboard last winter and ended up getting several truggies. An eight-t, 2-mbx6t, a caster k8-t and a cen tr3. I got them on ebay/craigslist for $250-$300 ea except the cen which I bought brand new. If you want a deal, wait till fall or winter when guys are dumping them.
Unfortunately, I've been busy with work andhave not had time this year to run them. I had the eight-t out last fall a couple times and the matrix out this spring one day but I haven't run the mugens or caster yet. I'm up to 12 or 14 vehicles sitting on shelves collecting dust
I think I'm going to sella bunch of them and get a 1/5 gas SC truck.