Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

CEN Genisis Engine Revs Out Of Control

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

CEN Genisis Engine Revs Out Of Control

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 07:12 PM
NOIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN Genisis Engine Revs Out Of Control

Hope someone can help me. I purchased a used CEN Genisis truck last fall. My guess is that it is about 4 - 5 years old. I was told it had only been run 7 tanks, but I seriously doubt he told the truth. When I got it started it starts to idle and then goes into high revolutions. Blipping the throttle doesn't help. The slide is only open 1mm and even when it goes into high rev the slide is still almost closed. The linkage isn't moving but the engine is still revving. I sent it to CEN. Had to call them to get a status report. At first they couldn't find it, then they said it was on the way back. They charged me $55 (plus the shipping both ways) and said it was fixed. I started it up and it was like they never touched it. Called them back and they had no clue, no records, nothing. Useless support. Anyone have any suggestions other than wasting more money on it or throwing it in the trash bin?
Old 09-26-2010, 07:35 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CEN Genisis Engine Revs Out Of Control

First thing I would do is reset the carb back to factory settings and try it. Maybe its just running real lean. If it still does it, I would pull the motor and seal it. You could have an air leak. If you did not get a manual with the truck, you can download the manual from CEN's website.

As for support, CEN is not known for supporting their products. Asking questions here will get you a lot more help than trying to deal with CEN.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:25 PM
NOIC

Yup...air leak around carb neck and pinch bolt. Also bad servo. Fixed it myself. Should have know better than to think CEN support/repair would solve it. Not impresed with them or their product. Thanks for your suggestion. Not sure why I didn't think of that myself and do the repair. Lazy I guess. Thanks again. Thinking about a Losi XXL or Revo 3.3.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:37 PM
nitro-rob

I had a brand new 7.7 and had to seal it thoroughly before it would run right. Its the only engine I've ever needed to do it too. I bought two GST's last year (one new and one used) and gave them a chance and wasn't too impressed with the trucks and sold them after a few hours of driving. They definitely have a different business model than other RC companies.