Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade mSR to T-Rex 450 next step

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade mSR to T-Rex 450 next step

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:24 PM
madphil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blade mSR to T-Rex 450 next step

Been flying my little mSR in the house and outside for months now , Time for somthing a bit bigger now [>:]

After flying the mSR round there was no problem with the T-rex 450 very smooth and not botherd by a bit of wind like the msr

i will keep flying the msr round the house but the T-rex is great and easy to fly outside
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62596.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1509882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36936.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1509883  
Old 10-02-2010, 06:21 PM
ridgewalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade mSR to T-Rex 450 next step

You have had good luck or something.....thats not normal..LOL

Going from the msr to the t rex 450 is not a step thats a big jump..lol

Two totaly different birds there....i hope people don't think if you can fly an msr that you will be able to fly a t rex 450...LOL

Isn't the T Rex such a nice heli...and a lot more easy to work on.....at least you can see the parts..lol

What are you useing for a gyro/tail servo set up on the rex?I still need to get a gyro for mine.
And a charger...what charger are you useing?

Ridgewalker
Old 10-03-2010, 05:22 AM
madphil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There were no problems going from an mSR to a Trex 450SE from what i have read the bigger the heli the more stable and easy to fly .

Also it looks like the Trex 450 is the best in class helicopter , so why jump up in small steps and throw loads of money away when most people once they can fly end up with a 450 size heli .

i would also recomend getting a good second hand 450 that has been set up by a pro and in most cases they are fitted with all the best upgraded parts and you pay less than the price of a new stock one

ridgewalker its fitted with a super fast futaba servo and a futaba GY 401 gyro , this heli was set up by a pro who was moving up to a trex 600 its fitted with the best of everything and almost flys its self ,

my charger is a turnigy 8 cell balance / charger it does all my cars , boats and helis i can also use it to charge the battery on my full size car (its got a lead acid setting) great charger and not a lot of money .

phil.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I would have to agree that going from an MSR to a 450 would be possible.

I went from the MSR to a Twister CPGold and while it was a big step, I took things very slowlyand cautiously andhad over 300 flights without a crash..(the head eventually snapped off after about the 1000th loop - but that was just slack maintenance on my part - read ZERO maintenance)

I now have a TREX 450 (clone) and it is much nicer to fly than the twister, more stable and predictable. Less affected by wind etc..

In hindsight I would have gone straight to the 450, but I was daunted by the Servo setupand building a heli from scratch..

The twister served its purpose.. I analysed the collective setup, experimented with swashplate settings, throttle and pitch curves..

So when I came to building the 450 I had a fair idea howa CP heli worked andit was not so difficult after all..

Edit - Just had a fly of my 2nd TREX Clone.. I love these helis.. This time I got the full metal/Carbon edition and put a Futaba FASST system in it, 401 gyro. MG Servos, All the best gear..

I had 3 bad experiences in the past with a Blade 400.. (4th flight the rotor seperated, 6th flight the servos jittered to full deflection, 8th flight the belt broke - it was a flying disaster)

So when I fly now.. I have this premonition of DOOM.. waiting for something to go wrong.. ha ha.. but the TREX Clone never let me down..

50 plus flights on the first one and now 3 on #2... all working flawlessly..