Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho Inferno Us Sports

Old 07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
REEGSf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Inferno Us Sports

Hi Lez .
I wish I could take some leave. I just started at a new company so I can't take leave as yet.
I'm using a towerpro servo for my steering & a Hitec servo for brake/throttle. They work pretty well so far. I'm also using a 6 volt hump pack.
I've also changed my radio to a 2.4 Gh/z , it's much better , you don't have to worry about changing the crystals when you at the track. Losing signal is a real bummer .
Enjoy your vacation dude
Old 07-09-2010, 07:30 PM
rufus2000

well I managed to get some nitro and started break-in for the .21 in the new inferno neo buggy but I've ran into a bit of trouble with it so far...
At first it was a pain to get it to start up, factory needle setting just didn't work, the engine would flame out or if I could get it to idle a bit then it would rev up like crazy for a few seconds, then rev down, then it would do it over again before flaming out.
I tried everything but the only consistent setting that has let me start it is with the LSN about 1mm out from flush (not in), and idle about 0.5mm, HSN does not seem to matter much (no problems between 3 and 4 turns)
These settings were fine for initial break-in but I now find that if I give it more throttle it tends to bog down and if given too much it flames out eventually...
I figure I'm running the LSN too rich so I've tried closing it to at least get it flush, but RPMs go high like crazy, i've tried to play with the idle setting while closing the LSN but no luck, RPMs go so high that I have to keep closing the idle to 0.3mm or less so eventually it flames out.
what's wrong with this motor?... seems like it's a wild pony that just wants to misbehave , perhaps I'm doing something wrong...
any words of advice anyone?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:00 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Rufus. Still having problems with that engine???
Old 09-29-2010, 09:06 PM
rufus2000

Hi lez, sorry for the long absence, its been a while

Well the gx21 motor is behaving better now, I am on my 11th tank and having less trouble to start it (now with my cool starter box). However, it still bothers me that the low speed needle has to be so out (about 1 mm OUT from flush). I will start to close it a bit more on the next runs but the problem was that the car would flame out or just would not start at all. It is still lacking that punch that it has to have when triggering the throttle from a dead stop (HSN seems ok by the way)

What is that techique used to know if the LSN is set properly? something about pinching the fuel line and the motor revving up a bit for 6 to 8 seconds or so... I think right now it revs for around 2 or 3 then shuts down... I will confirm that on the next run.

If I'm lucky I'll be able to drive it for a run tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:30 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Rufus2000, glad to hear from you after so long.
Where is every body???
This used to be a regulare visit when I use the PC but just lately not to much action.
I am not sure of a special technic for setting up the low speed needle but I'll listen to my engine and watch it go and make my conclusion
as I'm warming up the engine.
It really depends on the weather alot with these little motors. They are very sensitive.
Keep us informed on the way its running.
I have to say also that the Kyosho GX.21 engine does'nt have the wicked punch out the bottom but it does have some really hard hitting energy in the middle and top of its power band.
What fuel and plugs are you running???
and what fuel ° do you use???
I like to run O.S A3 or A5 plugs and Sidewinder 25°nitro fuel. Runs my engine temps to around 116°-130°C, hot enough for me and power over to catapult out the corners.
later dude.[8D]

Reegsf???????
Ridered73?????
JoJo????
Jerzferno????
where is every one.
WHATS HAPPENING OUT THERE.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:08 PM
REEGSf

Hey Lez , what's up dude ? Apologies for the long silence , I've been so busy it's not funny . I haven't driven my cars for the past 2 months. It's a sin. lol . I don't have internet access at work so I can't chat like I use to. Only chance is at home. I also have a girlfriend , It's been a month & about two weeks now , things are going great. She likes my cars so that's not going to be a problem. Anyways , how are you doing ? What's new dude ?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 PM
rufus2000

lez rulez

I did follow your advise and got some o.s. A5 plugs, however the buggy is still running with the stock original kyosho plug! running byron fuel 20%...
I use to run powermaster on my 1/10th nitro and liked it better than this one, I don't know, it has something to do with the smell, it smelled fresher...
I think I can get a hold of some sidewinder to try it out...
saturday will be the big day, I'll get a chance to run it then
Old 10-01-2010, 02:34 AM
lez1troubles

Jo Reegsf, dude, got some honey and feeling funny. sound O.K to me.
Guess the next thing after racing is making the human race bigger.
Nice to hear things are going good for you.

Rufus buddy, really, try the Sidewinder, its great stuff but it does have a very potent smell but you can solve that by just adding a bit of candy addertive or cherry or oranges.
Hows your buggy running on the A.5's???
Do you know what your running temps are???

WHERE'S JERZFERNO, any body know if he is still racing???[:-]
Old 10-02-2010, 10:42 PM
rufus2000

went today and ran another 3 tanks on the little inferno neo devil...
on a sunny day its getting temps of 220 to 230F with the current needle settings... if I gun it for a few seconds on a large straight and do this for 2 or three times temps do climb to 240-260F ....
do you think I should still try to close that LSN? and perhaps open the HSN a bit?, or just switch plugs to the A5 and see how it behaves...
it's still using the same kyosho plug it came with!

I'll try to get a hold of the 25%fuel, thanks for that tip
Old 10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
REEGSf

Hey Lez , nothing wrong with some honey dude , I've got it so freaking bad it's not funny .
So what have you been up to ?
Are you still bashing or racing these days ?
I think Jerz is on another forum completely , I also haven't heard from him in a long while .
Old 10-05-2010, 04:14 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Rufus, if I was you I'd leave the High speed needle alone, sounds like your just about spot on with the temperature of your engine.
If your going to close the low speed needle then just a tiny little bit(really tiny)maybe 1/8th of a turn and see if your buggy accelerates harder your doing fine but to be honest just try the O.S plugs out (O.S A3 o O.S A5), they make a bigger difference than you could imagine.
What about your air filters, are you using the original Kyosho filter??? Keep it nice and clean.
Hope this helps a bit.
Greets from Lez.

Yo Reegsf, nice to hear you r doing O.K but not so nice that you havent got the time to race or bash, If I could give you some of my time I gladly would, I have so much of it at the moment, I still like to go out during dinner time at work at fly my buggy around and am still busy building the new track here in Antwerpen.
Try to get your honey into the hobby???
Have fun dude.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:32 PM
REEGSf

Hi Lez
Nice to see you still giving good sound advice.
yeah dude , i'll get her into the hobby , soon . She likes my cars , We'll probably do a few test runs at our local park , wide open spaces , i don't wanna take folks to the hospital after being knocked on the ankle or something.
Post some pics of your work in progress. How big is the track going to be ?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Reegsf, the track will (eventually) be about the size of half a football field. Pretty big, but I have some friends who work for the council who can get a bulldozer and help out a bit, we are a group of people(+/-14) who go and build for a couple of hours in the weekend so progress is slow(untill we get the bulldozer).
Old 10-14-2010, 03:21 PM
REEGSf

Hi Lez, that sounds cool , I'm sure the track will be perfect when you guys are done. keep us posted with some pics dude. We need to see the before & after pics.
Later Lez . enjoy
Old 10-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Tubaloth

new here. just bought a kyosho inferno sports 4. im pretty excited.

i was wondering what would be a good first few upgrades for it. im not going to start with the engine or exhaust. prolly will wait till my tax return for that.

i want to upgrade the overall performance but dont know where to start if i dont start with engine or exhaust.

thanks for the help!

Old 10-25-2010, 09:06 AM
lez1troubles

hi Tubaloth, welcome to the club.
You already have a very good buggy and you want to tune it to be a bit more, well if I was you I'd start by putting in an electronical fail safe to forcome runaways, although runaways are fun to watch they are more fun happening to someone else.
After that you'll want to beaf up the differentialls front rear and centre.
You'll probably find that the steering servo is a bit weak and slow for racing but its O.K for bashing and general driving. Change the steering servo out for a metal gear version from a good company like FUTABA.
6volt battery packs already speed things up a bit and are cheaper than servos.
Give us a hint as to what sort of driving you'll be doing and we will try to help you get up and going.
Most of the info that you'll need is already here on the site if your really interested have a cup of coffee, sit down and read whats been done already by the boys (men) here to build some of the toughest, fastest buggies around.

Hey, Reegsf, bro,what up dude. hows your lovin doin??? is she into the race scene yet???
I'll keep you informed as to how the track is going in Antwerpen but I have also just found a new place in Kontich not so far from here with an old BMX track that could but rebuilt as a buggy track. Later dude.[8D]
Old 10-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Tubaloth

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

hi Tubaloth, welcome to the club.
You already have a very good buggy and you want to tune it to be a bit more, well if I was you I'd start by putting in an electronical fail safe to forcome runaways, although runaways are fun to watch they are more fun happening to someone else.
After that you'll want to beaf up the differentialls front rear and centre.
You'll probably find that the steering servo is a bit weak and slow for racing but its O.K for bashing and general driving. Change the steering servo out for a metal gear version from a good company like FUTABA.
6volt battery packs already speed things up a bit and are cheaper than servos.
Give us a hint as to what sort of driving you'll be doing and we will try to help you get up and going.
Most of the info that you'll need is already here on the site if your really interested have a cup of coffee, sit down and read whats been done already by the boys (men) here to build some of the toughest, fastest buggies around.

[snip]
thanks dude.

i want to get used to driving it first. but eventually i would like to run some races, see how well i do, and see if i can be competative. im in cheyenne, wy. so in my immediate area, there is only one track to practice on. but with in 45min to 1 1/2 hours, i can get to fort collins and denver where there are a bunch of tracks and, hopefully, official-type races.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:16 PM
REEGSf

Welcome to the hobby Tubaloth , and like Lez said , all the info is on this forum.
Have fun dude.

Hey Lez , she loves my cars and we might be running the cars in the next two weeks or so. This Saturday I'm going to a funeral & Sunday is also out of the question. I need to buy some fuel and batteries as well.
Can't wait to run my cars again.
Good luck with the track dude
later
Old 10-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Tubaloth

im wondering...

when i got my sports 4 out of the box i noticed that the front wheels angled like this: / /===\ \ (thats top view not front).

and my back wheels are angled outword like this: \ \===/ / (thats top view as well).

how do i fix that? i tried adjusting it by turning the double ended screw thing, trying to pull them in, in the front and push them out in the back, so they are straight and nothing happened...

thanks!
Old 10-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Tubaloth

never mind. my friend and i figured out what was going on. i wasnt holding one end of the female part of the screws. so it just kept rotating. and we fixed it.

NEW question. im pretty pissed right now though. my glow plug already burnt out. sigh.... why? and is that anywhere near normal?

i broke the engine in. i let it idle the first tank until it completely ran out of gas. then i varied speed up to 25% throttle the second tank. then 50% for the third tank. and 100% for the fourth tank. i didnt keep a constant speed in any of the tanks and still havent. i did my best to gradually accelerate each tank and throttling maneuver. and then today i ran it at a low speed (due to fuel/air mixture) for about 25 minutes today (1 1/2-2 tanks). and then, i adjusted the fuel/air mixture ratio and ran it for about 1/3 of a tank and it crapped out on me; the glow plug burned out. so yeah...

any help would be great. im going to get some replacement plugs tonight and ask these guys the same questions, but since you all specialize in th ekyosho sports and whatnot, im asking you. they sell mainly redcat-brand rc cars.

THANKS
Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Tubaloth, what make of plug are you using???
O.S seem to work best so far in my old GX.21 engine (O.S A3 or A5, depending on the weather).
Old 11-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Tubaloth

not sure. it came with the RTR engine. i believe its the GX.21 engine. but i dont know what make/model of plug im using.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:17 AM
lez1troubles

Buy the way, Tubaloth, Your wheels are supposed to be like that. Toe in, toe out. Our buggies are 4 wheel drive and need the wheels to be out like that or they will not go round a corner to fast.
Have you got a photo of your buggy???

Yo Reegsf, what up dude, I was out last night with a couple of friends for a bash around at a BMX track in Willrijk(small town) just out of Antwerpen (where I live), Huge tripple jumps and table tops and a really big step-up jump, nothing broken, had heaps of fun.
Trying to learn back flips with my buggy.[:@] aint going to well.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
REEGSf

Hi Lez
Hey dude , took my car for a run , still going great after all these months, but the weather is a bit touchy these days. The summer rains are unpredictable. I really love the OS engine , it screams like a banshee. . My lady also loves it that's a big plus.
Good luck with learning to do back flips.
post some pics or maybe even a video or two.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:26 AM
lez1troubles

I wanted to go out to the track today and build a bit and do some photo's but its going to rain untill monday over here.
We have had something like 50liters per square meter so far (within a couple of hours) and there is still a storm coming in from over the Atlantic.
Maybe its time to get an RC boat or submarine[&:].
Going to the MX track instead to get nice'n'dirty.
Later dudes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.