Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Fastest Apache with single 26 cc engine ?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Fastest Apache with single 26 cc engine ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 03:47 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fastest Apache with single 26 cc engine ?

Hi guys just wondering whats the fastest speed anyone has got from an Apache 56-65" using a single 26 cc engine.Feel free to share any pics videos and information ,this is just for fun and information .Look forward to seeing some videos of these great hulls .
Mart
Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Fastest Apache with single 26 cc engine ?

I remember a few years back a guy rocking up to the pond with a brand new 56" Aeromarine RTR. Was totally stock with stock everything - 275 prop, pipe, etc. He had just come from the hobby store where it was on sale.

At the time I was running an overweight 56" apache with a QD35. I had been trying this and that to get her as quick as reasonable. She was 49 mph all day every day.

We did not GPS the stock Apache but I know that for the life of me I could not catch up to the stocker to save my life. I am not saying she was faster - but she was none slower. With a spankin new unbroken in zenoah etc etc. I would say from the factory it was 45-48mph without hesitation.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:46 AM
martno1fan

Thanks for the input Matt,im surprised not many have replied as yet cmon guys i know a lot of you run Apaches.Ill start off with mine speeds up in high 40s with a modded zen but havent done much tweaking to be honest and also i was having problems with the pipe not sealing on the header no matter what i tried so ive oredered a new pipe.Im sure shes more than capable of mid 50s with some fine tuning.Most of the guys running my hull are in the mid to high 40s apart from one whos regularly doing 52 and also one has hit 56 on his maiden run with a home modded zen.I think that one will hit 60+ very soon.
Mart
Old 10-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: martno1fan
im surprised not many have replied as yet cmon guys i know a lot of you run Apaches.
You only made the post 4 hours ago (at 4:30am US Eastern time) so I imagine most are still in bed on a Sunday morning (I probably should be!!)
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 AM
apache 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine going over 60mph on several occasions. It was in the back of my truck at the time though. LOL. Sorry, I couldn't resist that.
In all seriousness it seems any mile per hour over 50 seems to be expensive and hard to come by no matter what.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Nosedragger

Low to mid 50s with a QD 25. never saw a zen go over 50 in these monsters.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: Nosedragger

Low to mid 50s with a QD 25. never saw a zen go over 50 in these monsters.
Well theres two at my local lake one has a zen 7 from Prestwich built by Dave Marles consistant 52 mph on gps the other is a home modded one 56 mph on gps as stated before.If he manages to get to 60 and gets it on video ill post it here,heres the 56 mph run actually when i was sent the vid and was told the speed it surprised me as it was its first time in the water so id have to asume theres potential for much more speed yet.Anything over high 40s is fast enough but mid to high 50s is pretty impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi3j98-UYrY
Old 10-03-2010, 11:58 AM
wannagofast115

Hey Mart the best ive seen so far with my 57" is 46mph with a stock 26cc sikk motor. I think there still more in it with a better prop im also using the whh dual rudders so if i lose some of the drag and just run a single rudder i think that would help a little also?? But right now its running great so im going to touch anything lol.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:30 PM
martno1fan

Yea sounds about right,the sikk has a bit more grunt than the stock zens ,46mph is a respectable speed for sure.Twin rudders will slow it down a bit not sure how much but as you say your happy so why touch anything .
Mart
Old 10-03-2010, 01:31 PM
cheesewizz69

Hey Mart, since you asked 55.3 is the fastest I have clocked in one of my 57's". Here a video of it doing 53.5.
Leo.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS_uvHq580U[/youtube]
Old 10-03-2010, 01:40 PM
intenserapture

Hi guys just wondering whats the fastest speed anyone has got from an Apache 56-65'' using a single 26 cc engine.Feel free to share any pics videos and information ,this is just for fun and information .Look forward to seeing some videos of these great hulls .
Mart
Mart,

I am tempted by an Apache as my next boat. What kind of speed do you get from yours with a stock Zen? And do you know where in the UK I could get a Sikk?

Cheers
Old 10-03-2010, 03:38 PM
martno1fan

Nice one Leo she runs great .
Old 10-03-2010, 03:42 PM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: intenserapture

Hi guys just wondering whats the fastest speed anyone has got from an Apache 56-65'' using a single 26 cc engine.Feel free to share any pics videos and information ,this is just for fun and information .Look forward to seeing some videos of these great hulls .
Mart
Mart,

I am tempted by an Apache as my next boat. What kind of speed do you get from yours with a stock Zen? And do you know where in the UK I could get a Sikk?

Cheers
Hi mate,
the lads that are running them with stock zens and a cpl of clones with zen coils are running arround 40 maybe 45 mph not sure about where to get the sikk in UK though.I know where you can get a good deal on a great Apache though as seen in model boats magazine out now .
Old 10-04-2010, 03:36 AM
intenserapture

Mart,

Thanks, 40-45 is pretty good. I can always upgrade a Zen at a later date for more oomph. At the moment I am struggling to decide between your Apache and the 50inch Warhawk from Model Marine Supplies.

Decisions decisions....[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 10-04-2010, 03:49 AM
martno1fan

My layup has cloth in there not just chopped strand matt like most what decision .
Old 10-13-2010, 11:10 AM
V8Rider

My 56 Apache with mildly modded Zenoah with clutch is running 46 mph with hatch and driver figures in place. It is noticeable faster without the hatch but I never gps'd it without the hatch on. Fear of losing gps! I do have a modded Sikk engine with the large bore kit just sitting on a shelf. I really would like to try it in the Apache. I think the added torque might swing more prop. Any thoughts on this or prop suggestions if I do try it???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38315.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	1515910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74587.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	1515911  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:24 AM
apache 1

I would try the sikk with the same prop before trying bigger ones. Just to make sure you actually have more power.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:47 PM
MrMikeG

Mart
Mart,

Cheers
Dave's motors in the US or O'neill brothers racing will send them to the UK.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:48 AM
martno1fan

Only problem with things from the States especially engines and the like is you get stung for import taxes,a friend just got stung for £25 for a zen from Gizmos thats just shy of $40 thats on top of the $35 for postage ,so far everything ive had from China doesnt seem to get charged import tax but i have an order on its way as we speak so maybe its changed we shall see.
Mart
Old 10-17-2010, 12:56 PM
intenserapture

ORIGINAL: MrMikeG

Mart
Mart,

Cheers
Dave's motors in the US or O'neill brothers racing will send them to the UK.
Thanks, although I am hoping I have just layed my hands on a Zen7.

Cheers
Old 10-17-2010, 05:30 PM
martno1fan

Now you need a good hull to put it in
Old 10-17-2010, 10:38 PM
MrMikeG

Have a good read of your import duties, here (Aus) we are taxed for "Toys" but not "toy parts" [X(] don't ask me why, but it could be in the wording and since heaps of our laws come from the Queens side of things ??????
Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 AM
martno1fan

I did ask him to put gift on the box,wether he did or wether they ignored it i dont know,what i do know is a did that with a hull to Norway and they charged them import on it and said they charge it even on gifts,seems each country has different guidelines when it comes to import duty as ive sent them all arround Europe and not had that happen before.Main problem is they seem to change the rules all the time .
Mart
Old 10-18-2010, 02:47 AM
intenserapture

Now you need a good hull to put it in
Thats the plan, one step at a time. This Zen7 I found is in a Sigma 51 so will have to strip it all out etc.

I went down to see the OMRA racing in Penzance yesterday but sadly did not see one of your hulls there

Cheers
Old 10-18-2010, 02:58 AM
martno1fan

Not sure about OMRA as i mainly supply the BMPRS lads who have bought about 6 and i have more pre orders for the new Arrow hull im working on so should be plenty racing in the BMPRS next year,most guys had allready got there hulls ready for race season before buying mine so mine was there number two boat for this season,that will change for next im told with a few racing the Apache as number one boat and a few going with the Arrow.You can read about my hulls in this months model boats magazine.
Mart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.