Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 AM
erdnuckel2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Hey again Sven,

Wow - it is sort of "strange" to see a Lama3 flying with just one rotor plane.....![sm=49_49.gif]

...just so we are clear mate - that "pondering smiley" was NOT for you !!
I honestly couldn't remember who brought this system to our attention, but vaguely remembered some of the details (I remember that the high price surprised me at the time!!

Thanks for further details mate. Did you say that you actually brought one back on your last trip? Please do install it when you find the time. I would ask nicely if I could buy your second set - but I know that I wouldn't find time myself to install it. I (like you) have [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10900]other projects[/link] that are taking up all my spare time ATM[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. Also, who is selling the HBFPv2 so cheaply??
Yes Peter, I DID bring 2 of them back from Germany (long story .) ... got to see though, IFand WHEN I get to really installing the thing ... Your "other project" may (or may not) be something for e to think about next year, depending on how my winter comes along ... I am still considering CP - in the far back of my consciousness (and I would already have the means to tackle the topic ... so to speak ...)
However for now it is gonna be more of an FP-Adventure with infrequent dives into Lama400 modding ...

And who sells the HBFPfor that price? XHeli has a free shipping special going on for continental USand they also have a 5% coupon out ... so the 99$ bird (which would cost about 15$ to ship) comes for 99$x0.95 to my door ... or in other words 94.95$ - and that was a deal where I just could not resist ...

Sven

Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 AM
hottrk51

HI sven and all,
Is the HBFP the best next move from a coax? Had a CP and couldn't get it off the ground.
THX Bill
Old 10-19-2010, 10:18 AM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: CFDfireman

Hey Sven, that is weird seeing a V3 with no upper rotor[X(] Helidirect has free shipping with any order over $100.00 but it sounds like you already pulled the trigger

HBFP V2...sorry Peter. Free shipping only within the US[&o]
http://www.helidirect.com/esky-honey...29_223_681.hdx

Spare parts should bring it over $100.00

Mike.
Sorry Mike,
but I intend to NOThave to use any spare parts on THISONE!!!( .....)

Sven

Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 AM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: hottrk51

HI sven and all,
Is the HBFP the best next move from a coax? Had a CP and couldn't get it off the ground.
THX Bill
Hi Bill,

I would say that depends ... on several factors. If you can fly outside, then it makes it a good option. If you cant (like in my case) - not necessarily so. (In my case - if Iwas facing the next best thing decision for a step up, a submicro would be much better ... but the drifts OT, sorry)
The HBFP is rather cheap as a initial investment (again - see Xheli special sale for cont.US) and has the reputation of being also rather "low maintenance" ie. your cost for spare parts should stay reasonably low ...
(I already had a HBFP V1, that is basically one of my main reasons why Ibought the V2)
What I also really like about it, is the fact that you can find an almost confusing amount of tuing parts and third party upgrades (and as Iam someone who barely ever leaves anything the way it comes from the vendor, this model is paradise for me ...)
However, the HBFP still uses a 90degree flybar - and those are more difficult to fly than the 45degree flybar helis (like for example the Walkeras ... which on the other hand tend to break a lot more parts than the HBFP) - maybe the HBFP is even more difficult to fly than the V200D01 - again Walkera but FLYBARLESS (and with 3axis stabilization)

I did get to hover the HBFPV1 in about a week rather decently after "playing" with my V4 and CX2 coaxes for a few months - but then I tried to "spektrumize" and messed everything up and didn't take it off the shelf ever since (or actually better out of the closet ... )

Anyway, to sum it up I think for the price you can get a HBFP if you live in cont.USit is a pretty good deal ... and it is manageable with practice!!(However there are surely some other helis in the same size that may be easier to get acquainted with ... )

Hope that helps a bit
Sven

Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 AM
hottrk51

Yeah, helps alot. Thanks. I think I might ask Santa!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:46 PM
CFDfireman

ORIGINAL: hottrk51

Yeah, helps alot. Thanks. I think I might ask Santa!
If Santa can fly a sleigh, I guess he knows helis too

Mike.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:50 PM
CFDfireman

ORIGINAL: erdnuckel2

Hey Sven, that is weird seeing a V3 with no upper rotor[X(] Helidirect has free shipping with any order over $100.00 but it sounds like you already pulled the trigger

Mike.
Sorry Mike,
but I intend to NOT have to use any spare parts on THIS ONE !!! ( .....)

Sven

You'll be sorry.. BTW, what do you think of the price at helidirect?

Mike.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:04 PM
erdnuckel2

ORIGINAL: erdnuckel2

Mike.
Sorry Mike,
but I intend to NOThave to use any spare parts on THISONE!!!( .....)

Sven

You'll be sorry.. BTW, what do you think of the price at helidirect?

Mike.
Great price mike - would only cost about ten$ more shipped (than mine after free shipping and 5%coupon) - the only thing that bites is the 4week wait until they get it ... oops ... almost 6week wait as Isee it (11/30/10 ETA) ... by that time I will already have done my out of the box video and maybe decided to NOTwait with using it until I can take it to Germany ... hmmm?

Sven

Old 10-19-2010, 04:31 PM
CFDfireman

I only have to drive a few blocks

Mike.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 PM
erdnuckel2

I only have to drive a few blocks

Mike.
but you STILLhave to wait 6 weeks before they have it ... I get mine on Friday ... I guess that "is worth" 5$ (well, anyway it is to me ...)

Sven

Old 10-20-2010, 04:13 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut
ORIGINAL: pgroom_68
To all newbies out there.....
Unlike gamer noobs (who are ridiculed - and rightly so), there is a great group of casual flyers that are willing to help you with your questions about the Esky small coaxials - no matter how silly they sound to you. If you can express your problem - we can try to help ...or direct you to someone who perhaps can..........[sm=49_49.gif]
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
What's up Peter?
Hey, I'd like to know why noob gamers are rightly ridiculed??
Hey again Wheelnut-mate!

How's it going????? Tony answered your question extremely well - so I won't even try to answer it again
But I have to add that my son (who is 10 years old now) is a definite "gamer noob". We have a TV program over here on the ABC in Oz called "Good Game (Spawn Point)" which he loves! On it they have a co-presenting robot that is always "charging his laser" to try making the world a noob-free zone.........[sm=49_49.gif]

P.S. That was really OT[sm=confused_smile.gif] - but had to be said[sm=regular_smile.gif]
P.P.S. You guys really crack me up[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif]
P.P.P.S. (You know you want a P.P.P.S!) Seriously though - if a newbie is reading this - send these guys your Esky coax questions!!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Edmund2

OK Peter, to continue OT, I watch Masterchef Australia every day it is on. Great program coming from down under. Will notindicate my opinion of Come Dine with me from the UK here.

BTW now flightless for 9 weeks (been not to well for a few weeks, so did not have the energy to fly the few times the wind died down)). Do have the heebeejeebs though due to no flying.

Edmund
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
stalyoni

i am a newbie, can you help me please mister?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 PM
CFDfireman

^^^^
Old 10-21-2010, 07:21 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: stalyoni
Hey again Brendon,

Mate you were a newbie about a year ago - but how you've grown

P.S. I could be truthful and say "you are beyond help" mate.......[sm=wink_smile.gif]
P.P.S. I notice Mike gets a laugh out of your post!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:05 PM
pgroom_68

Hey again all you small coaxial fliers,

I just received a special offer FOR THIS WEEKEND ONLY on [link=http://www.helitek-rc.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=41]THESE[/link] white blades from Helitek-rc.com in the US - check it out - these are really great blades and the seller is brilliant IMO[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

P.S. You wont beat the price for these items - but don't forget to add the shipping $ depending on your location
Old 11-23-2010, 09:50 AM
zzip

Hey guys, I need a little help from the experts here. I've got a Lama 4 that I upgraded with the C/F tailboom, canopy, skids, ect. . I crashed it {not real bad}and after that it wouldn't get off the ground {like it didn't have enough power}. I figured I baked the esc, so I replaced it. No good, still acts the same way. Any suggestions?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:27 AM
CFDfireman

Hi Peter, Thanks for the heads up on those hardened white blades at helitek-rc. I know the both guys who run that shop and they never even breathed a word of the sale..lol. They are nice blades. I've been flying the Phase II plastic and CF composite blades. AWESOME !!

@zzip, Check your lower rotor. You'd have to hold the lower rotor gear and try spining the lower rotor by hand. If the lower rotor spins while holding the gear, the top screw on the lower rotor backed off. Check out the diagram so you'll know what I'm talking about. Scroll down about half way. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=69665

This is a very common problem. Let us know how you make out.

Mike.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 AM
zzip

Thanks CDF. I'll give it a try today and let ya'll know how I made out.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:46 AM
zzip

Just checked, everything is tight. However, I did notice that there is no change in RPM's when the throttle is pushed past the half way point. Maybe Tx problem?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:53 AM
CFDfireman

zzip, I assume you have a fresh lipo. Yes, the batts in the TX should always be right up there. What do the indicator lights on the TX read? It sounds mechanical. Did you check your top rotor for spinning?

Mike.

EDIT: Make sure your throttle trim is all the way down. This can slip upwards without you knowing
Old 11-23-2010, 04:40 PM
zzip

How stupid of me....... the battery has 1 dead cell! A friend of mine tested it properly for me {I'm mostly a glow plane guy}. Ran down to the LHS, got a new one, and I'm up and running!!!

Thanks for the quick replies and tips CDF.

Joe
Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 PM
stalyoni

Guys i got the new UMX beast. It so much fun and so quick. Heres a few videos of it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdxavznRbuI&hd=1[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIAyqp7ZkGU&hd=1[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtSd9ER7a7k&hd=1[/youtube]

get a plane there more fun!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:00 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: zzip
Hi Peter, Thanks for the heads up on those hardened white blades at helitek-rc. I know the both guys who run that shop and they never even breathed a word of the sale..lol. They are nice blades. I've been flying the Phase II plastic and CF composite blades. AWESOME !!
Hey again Joe (or zip-man Glad those blades worked out for ya mate!
Re. your solved prob - phew, I thought I'd have to actually work it out[sm=wink_smile.gif]. Must have damaged the lipo in your crash.

That's what I like to hear - a happy camper again..........[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Old 11-24-2010, 02:05 AM
pgroom_68

Guys i got the new UMX beast. It so much fun and so quick. Heres a few videos of it:
[/img]
[/youtube]
[/youtube]
[/youtube]
get a plane there more fun!!!
Hey again Brendon,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but NOW I KNOW YOU ARE BEYOND HELP!!

P.S. Actually, I have just bought [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=15024]THIS PLANE[/link] of my own - thanks for the tip mate - being foam and having two of ev'rything in the package - it is very forgiving of my newbie hands[sm=49_49.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.