Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

lipo chargers...what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lipo chargers...what to get?

Cool smoke bomb

What is up with the panic inducing people and lipo batteries will destroy the earth theories .

Your cell phone,laptop and a number of other household items use them.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:16 PM
ITS ME DAVID

I just purchased a thunder ac6 for $54 free shipping and includes the ac adaptor

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=s...TCtXzGUs2qq9Nw
Old 10-30-2010, 07:38 PM
AdamW

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

$For 55, the Thunder AC6 is pretty hard to beat. Mine works well, might get another to charge 2 lipos for my Flux at a time

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

And lipos require common sense and basicy safety learning. Going beyond that, your just entering paranoia, so Adam stop being a hazard troll. I actually let my lipo charge in the lipo sack while I took my cat out for a walk earlier today. If something were to go wrong, the circuit breakers would kick, the charger would shut down and the lipo couldn't damage much beyond the lipo sack beyond smoke which would set off the fire alarms that I could hear outside. . OMGZ....im unsafe!!!! NOooo....the worlds endingz cause Lipos beeings chargzzzed unsupervizzed! Lootzzz paniks!!!

Yes LIPOS do require some sense and you are showing in your reply that you lack this "sense" that you discuss. How are the circuit breakers going to prevent a LIPO fire??!!! ROTFLMAO!!! WOW, common sense, eh? LOL.

You wouldnt even know your pack was in the process of burning your home down until it was 1/3 consumed already with your plan of action there. Common sense, eh?? Too funny indeed, TOOFUNNY!!!!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:40 PM
AdamW

$For 55, the Thunder AC6 is pretty hard to beat. Mine works well, might get another to charge 2 lipos for my Flux at a time

And lipos require common sense and basicy safety learning. Going beyond that, your just entering paranoia, so Adam stop being a hazard troll. I actually let my lipo charge in the lipo sack while I took my cat out for a walk earlier today. If something were to go wrong, the circuit breakers would kick, the charger would shut down and the lipo couldn't damage much beyond the lipo sack beyond smoke which would set off the fire alarms that I could hear outside. . OMGZ....im unsafe!!!! NOooo....the worlds endingz cause Lipos beeings chargzzzed unsupervizzed! Lootzzz paniks!!!
Yes LIPOS do require some sense and you are showing in your reply that you lack this "sense" that you discuss. How are the circuit breakers going to prevent a LIPO fire??!!! ROTFLMAO!!! WOW, common sense, eh? LOL.

You wouldnt even know your pack was in the process of burning your home down until it was 1/3 consumed already with your plan of action there. Common sense, eh?? Too funny indeed, TOOFUNNY!!!!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:41 PM
AdamW

ORIGINAL: AdamW

Old 10-30-2010, 07:45 PM
AdamW

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Here we go again[&:]
Yes, we cant just ignore the DANGERS of LIPO packs. I feel it is the right thing to do by informing folks of their true dangers. It is simply a fact that has to be acknowledged and revealed to the newbies whom are just beginning in our hobby. Their safety should be MORE important than our greedy self-centered desire for the slight increase of advantages these dangerous packs called LIPO offer. Think of THEM and their SAFETY!!!
You are entitled to your opinions, But they are not shared by many on this site.

NimH battery explosion stories actually scare me more then lipo smoke "puffs"

UTTERRUBBISH!!!!! Show me PROOF of these "NIMH battery explosion stories".
Old 10-30-2010, 07:49 PM
AdamW

This is about as bad as it gets with "disaster" rated Lipo failures in cars

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5xoAsDXc4[/youtube]

AREYOUSERIOUS??
Either admit you are a complete FOOL when it comes to the truth of LIPOS, or prepare for me to HUMILIATETHESOCKSOFFOFYOU!!!

Which one will it be?? Its your choice.

Because I ASSURE YOU even your PRO-LIPO CLAN here knows you are BADLY MISTAKEN on this one, ASWELL as your little home circuit breaker shutting down the possibility of a LIPOfire!!!!! Your own CLAN will agree on these points. Ironic how you discuss "sense" in your posts!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:07 PM
RobbieP
Banned

Stay away from LIPO's, they are just WAY too dangerous. Go with LIFEPO packs unless you dont mind having to always worry about the possibility of your house burning down. It has happened and WILL happen again despite what many in the hobby do not want to acknowledge and wish to keep HUSH about this!!! Its not the question of IF it will happen again, but WHEN it will happen again. Do you wish to be the next LIPO statistic??

They can burst into a HUGEball of fire at ANYTIME even when they are left undisturbed!! Repeat:UNDISTURBED!!!

These dangerous packs capable of huge destruction will soon be banned completely. So you all may as well evolve beyond LIPO packs anyway, as they will be history SOON ENOUGH!!

Yes, we cant just ignore the DANGERS of LIPO packs. I feel it is the right thing to do by informing folks of their true dangers. It is simply a fact that has to be acknowledged and revealed to the newbies whom are just beginning in our hobby. Their safety should be MORE important than our greedy self-centered desire for the slight increase of advantages these dangerous packs called LIPO offer. Think of THEM and their SAFETY!!!

Since you missed the memo, that cell phone, ipod, blackberry, whatever you're carrying around in your pocket is powered by a LiPO battery.

You don't hear about anyone's pants pocket exploding into flame, do you?Of course not.

If you're going to post about the DANGERSAROUNDUS, warn people of the morons that tell lies and rumors about a battery technology that has been around for YEARS.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:28 PM
AdamW

ORIGINAL: RobbieP

Stay away from LIPO's, they are just WAY too dangerous. Go with LIFEPO packs unless you dont mind having to always worry about the possibility of your house burning down. It has happened and WILL happen again despite what many in the hobby do not want to acknowledge and wish to keep HUSH about this!!! Its not the question of IF it will happen again, but WHEN it will happen again. Do you wish to be the next LIPO statistic??

They can burst into a HUGEball of fire at ANYTIME even when they are left undisturbed!! Repeat:UNDISTURBED!!!

These dangerous packs capable of huge destruction will soon be banned completely. So you all may as well evolve beyond LIPO packs anyway, as they will be history SOON ENOUGH!!

Since you missed the memo, that cell phone, ipod, blackberry, whatever you're carrying around in your pocket is powered by a LiPO battery.

You don't hear about anyone's pants pocket exploding into flame, do you?Of course not.

If you're going to post about the DANGERSAROUNDUS, warn people of the morons that tell lies and rumors about a battery technology that has been around for YEARS.
UMMM, RobbieP, it looks like YOU are the one who MISSED that memo son!!! Those items you listed do not have LIPO batteries in them. Guess you know NOTHING ABOUT LITHIUM-ION, eh??!!! Do you usually post without knowing what you are talking about??

The MEMO that YOU MISSED would have informed you that the batteries in those items are NOT LITHIUM-POLYMER (AKA LIPO) but are LITHIUM-ION.

BIGDIFFERENCESON!!!!!

Nice try there SON!!! FAIL.

ROTFLMAO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:32 PM
RobbieP
Banned

UMMM, RobbieP, it looks like YOU are the one who MISSED that memo son!!! Those items you listed do not have LIPO batteries in them. Guess you know NOTHING ABOUT LITHIUM-ION, eh??!!! Do you usually post without knowing what you are talking about??

The MEMO that YOU MISSED would have informed you that the batteries in those items are NOT LITHIUM-POLYMER (AKA LIPO) but are LITHIUM-ION.

BIGDIFFERENCESON!!!!!

Nice try, er, I mean horrible attempt.

ROTFLMAO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

They're all LITHIUMbatteries you fool.

Try again.

ROTFLMAO@U
Old 10-30-2010, 08:38 PM
AdamW

BIGDIFFERENCESON!!!!!

Nice try, er, I mean horrible attempt.

ROTFLMAO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

They're all LITHIUMbatteries you fool.

Try again.

ROTFLMAO@U
RobbieP, we are TALKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT LIPO, AKA: LITIUM-POLYMER!!!

We are NOTNOT talking about general LITHIUM SON.

You FAILAGAIN, as LITHIUM-POLYMER, and LITHIUM-ION are NIGHT AND DAY difference SON!!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO.

You guys honestly know NOTHING ABOUTTHESEPACKSYOUUSE, DOYOU??!!!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Freezetron

Sheet, I fed the troll without even knowing it. Another person to my ignore list...
Old 10-30-2010, 08:42 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Sheet, I fed the troll without even knowing it. Another person to my ignore list...
bingo!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:43 PM
AdamW

You also have not a SINGLECLUE on this as I already schooled YOUASWELL, thats why you are crying and going to ignore me...Booo-HOOO.

ROTFLMAO!!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Freezetron

Ahhh...now its silent... its wonderful!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:49 PM
AdamW

Well, I gotta go for now since it is TIRESOMEbabysitting you kids on LIPO packs. Holding your hands on these packs that you know NOTHINGabout but talk lots of SMACK on is getting annoying.

But keep the posts coming as I will be FRESH tomorrow to HOLDYOUR HANDS through this topic again. So continue to post, and I will correct you all tomorrow.

You will all learn sooner or later about LIPOS kiddos.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:06 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Radamus

Ryin, I just did what your looking to do and I can tell u my experience so far for whatever it's worth.
I have a Revo brushless and recently bought my first set of lipos. I bought a pair Tenergy 2s 20c Lipos, 8000mah. These are the biggest you'll stuff in the Revo batt pockets. I definately wanted to charge both at the same time so that means 2 chargers, but also on a tight budget (got a grand in this thing already) I bought 2 Dynamite Passport Lipo/LiFePo chargers. They will do up to 6s and most importantly they are balance chargers. I could've bought a cheaper one yet but no balance port. I think I paid like $58 shipped each. I had $214 for the batts and the chargers in my hands.
Plus side-cost-balance charging-adjustable rate.
Down side- Lipo's only - only 5 amp max rate.
These 8000's take a while to fill up at 5 amp- but the runtime is insane. My bud runs a brushed E-maxx 16.8 (the newest Emaxx) and He went through 4 sets of Nimh ranging from 1-3600 set 4600 and 2 5000 sets and I just started to die. Ran a few more minutes and hit the cutout. IT's only happened once so far. We usually break something before I run out of pack. I know they're only 20c 30c burst but they were almost the same price I paid for 5000 nimh 7cells 2 weeks earlier.
So, I sold him all my Nimh stuff and a Dynamite Twin charger- I could never put anything in my Revo again except Lipos-

Charge time, well- After about 45min of running I'm still at full power- takes about an hour on the charger. first time I ran them to the cutout, took about hour and 40 minutes. Sure I'd love to have a high amp charger, but is it worth the 250 it takes for a good quality one? I dunno, probably but for the skins it's a great setup for me.

Hope it helps!
I think I'm going to get some of those bigger packs for my Revo
I would love longer runtimes
Old 10-30-2010, 10:17 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Do you cross the street without looking both ways?

Do you get in your car without buckling your seat belt?

Do you put your hand on a hot stove?

Such are batteries.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:55 PM
HighClassBasher

AdamW...... thanks for reminding me why i dont get on RC Universe very often...... what a clown you are If i ran this forum id boot you sooo quick.
I hope you know what a royal *** you sound like.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Go away[sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif]

Old 10-30-2010, 11:02 PM
RobbieP
Banned

Well, I gotta go for now since it is TIRESOMEbabysitting you kids on LIPO packs. Holding your hands on these packs that you know NOTHINGabout but talk lots of SMACK on is getting annoying.

But keep the posts coming as I will be FRESH tomorrow to HOLDYOUR HANDS through this topic again. So continue to post, and I will correct you all tomorrow.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

What an idiot. Thanks for the laughs.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:44 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is about as bad as it gets with "disaster" rated Lipo failures in cars

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5xoAsDXc4[/youtube]

AREYOUSERIOUS??
Either admit you are a complete FOOL when it comes to the truth of LIPOS, or prepare for me to HUMILIATETHESOCKSOFFOFYOU!!!

Which one will it be?? Its your choice.

Because I ASSURE YOU even your PRO-LIPO CLAN here knows you are BADLY MISTAKEN on this one, ASWELL as your little home circuit breaker shutting down the possibility of a LIPOfire!!!!! Your own CLAN will agree on these points. Ironic how you discuss "sense" in your posts!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA thanks bro you just made my day

he thinks hes humiliating us but really hes humiliating himself.

I should send him a lipo to his house with a camera attached via webcam and see his reaction (screaming and running away like a little girl)

Old 10-31-2010, 06:46 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Lol who does this guy think he is?? Lipo man or sum s@#t

Old 10-31-2010, 07:35 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you put your hand on a hot stove?
Only once...[&:]
Old 10-31-2010, 07:40 AM
Dr_Chuckie

Getting back to the original purpsoe of this thread...... I also have a 200 watt Turnigy charger. I charge my Turnigy 4S 5000mAh packs at 10amps. Really cuts done on the charge times. BTW I fast charge at the field and then balance them at home. I have not seen more than a couple hundredths of a volt difference in the cells.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Warbird Joe

Here is another nice charger. Several people at the field have just recently bought it and they love it. http://www.hobbypartz.com/skychb6chdup.html It charges all the batteries that are out there right now. Nicad Nihm Lipo and A123. Hope this helps.

Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.