Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Who makes What?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 PM
ClammyBallz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes What?

After researching which engine I might want to purchase, I've come to realize that there are only a few actual manufacturers and most engines are private labeled.
Does anyone know where I can find a complete listing of car engines and who actually manufacturers themand which models are the same or similar?

Old 11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
guntek18
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Who makes What?

GOOD LUCK ON THAT REQUEST,

Most of us just look at the engine block to see that they are casted/molded identically. Its a "sure-fire" way to tell two or more common engines that are the same size/class.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 AM
D.DJ

I can get the ball rolling saying this:

Novarossi makes:
-Novarossi
-RB
-Max Power, I think.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:21 PM
proanti1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: D.DJ

I can get the ball rolling saying this:

Novarossi makes:
-Novarossi
-RB
-Max Power, I think.

No, Novarossi makes TOP. they also have also made some engines for Mugen, Collari and one for HPI. OS makes motors for some Hobbico brands (Duratrax, Aquacraft... etc). Most RTR engines are Mecoa. Ofna (Habao) makes engines for their cars as well as some other RTR cars.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:23 PM
secretsg

? TOP and REX are Novarossi brand period. They are the boat/air engine division for Nova. OS does not make any engines for Hobbico. Hobbico is merely the NA exclusive distributor.

OFNA makes literally nothing. If you go to Asia you'll notice most their products sold under different names. They are a distributor that sells to retailers/other distributors here.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:12 AM
proanti1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: secretsg

? TOP and REX are Novarossi brand period. They are the boat/air engine division for Nova. OS does not make any engines for Hobbico. Hobbico is merely the NA exclusive distributor.

OFNA makes literally nothing. If you go to Asia you'll notice most their products sold under different names. They are a distributor that sells to retailers/other distributors here.
Ah, forgot about REX. But no... Novarossi did not only produce TOP and REX, they made a wide range of engines for other companies. OS does produce engines for other companies, the Aquacraft engines even come with OS instructions for the CV series motors, the box for the boat even says the engine is made by OS. Trust me, I have one sitting in a closet. Aquacraft is a Hobbico brand. You're right, 'OFNA' does not make anything, but Habao does.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

force makes engines for hobao, along with picco, but then again picco does engines for more than just hobao.