Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

E-Flite L-4 Grasshopper Electronics ProblemHELP!!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E-Flite L-4 Grasshopper Electronics ProblemHELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:08 AM
phakur
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite L-4 Grasshopper Electronics ProblemHELP!!

Hi all
I bought and built the L-4 Grasshopper ARF from E-Flite. I was really trying to save money (you don't need to say I told you so) by going to Hobby King with the electronics but here is what I installed:
Turnigy Plush 12 A BESC
Turnigy 2211 Motor

FlightMax 500 mah 2S 20C battery.

Well the plane never made it off the ground. It tried, but just didn't seem to get enough speed to generate sufficient lift.

I read in the forum about the batteries being a possible issue, so I borrowed a Hyperion 850 mah 2S, 25C battery from a friend.

Well when attaching the battery to the BESC, the BESC lead wires got so hot that insulation started to melt. Now, I yanked everything apart, and the BESC is still good as is the battery, so it appears that the leads were just too small to carry the amperage.

So, I am asking what should I do other than follow the suggested electronics as shown in the manual?

Is there some way to get the Turnigy stuff to work? If so, what is the suggested configuration?

I'd apprecaite any help.

Thanks-

Larry
Old 10-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Saburo Sakai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite L-4 Grasshopper Electronics ProblemHELP!!

This is what too many amps/application can do to you: Be careful and don't burn down the house!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: E-Flite L-4 Grasshopper Electronics ProblemHELP!!

Also depends what prop you were using. Your really need to get a Watts Meter to check the amp draw to make sure your not burning up the ESC. I have a Eflite Park 370 witha 20A ESC turning an 8X4 prop. It is very happy with that set-up