Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

DA 85 Install in Aeroworks 85cc Yak 54

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

DA 85 Install in Aeroworks 85cc Yak 54

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Smacka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA 85 Install in Aeroworks 85cc Yak 54

Hi Mark or Rocco:
I am curently building your 85cc Yak 54. I am attempting to drill holes in the engine box for the DA 85 install. Your manual states to drill 1/4-inch mounting holes, however, the holes in the DA 85 template AND the required spacer are much smaller than 1/4-inch.

So far, I have drilled the same size holes as are present in the template and spacer. Please advise, as I do not have the actual engine yet.

Thank you,
Smacka
Old 11-05-2010, 05:49 PM
gregman50

Default RE: DA 85 Install in Aeroworks 85cc Yak 54

Are the holes in the spacers and DA-85 the same? If so drill them the size of the mounting holes in the DA, you don't want any room for it to move. If the holes in the template are smaller just drill them first then remove the template and use them for a pilot hole, then drill them out to size that you need. Hope this helps, bottom line is you want the same size hole as in the DA.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Smacka

ORIGINAL: gregman50

Are the holes in the spacers and DA-85 the same? If so drill them the size of the mounting holes in the DA, you don't want any room for it to move. If the holes in the template are smaller just drill them first then remove the template and use them for a pilot hole, then drill them out to size that you need. Hope this helps, bottom line is you want the same size hole as in the DA.

Hi Greg:
I agree completely. I do not have the DA yet, so I was hoping to get a heads up on which size is correct...but...as soon as I do have the engine, then I will make the holes the same. Come to think of it, I downloaded the DA 85 manual. That may have a layout of the holes? Worth a shot...but...it is better to wait for the actaul engine, just in case they made a manuafacuring change

Thank you for your response. I will tell you this much...this plane is big
Old 11-06-2010, 09:43 PM
gregman50

Yea AW planes are great, I currently have the 75cc Yak/ZDZ Super 80 and the 100cc Extra 260 (which I have not maidened yet). The Yak is a great flyer, I'm sure you will enjoy it.