Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

home depot

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:56 PM
billzair
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default home depot

I was wondering around the home depot yesterday and to my surprise they are carring Toro trimmers again! For anyone whos never convered one of these, they are 25.4cc....very eazy to convert, lightweight, reliable, and make good power(in my opinon)
Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: home depot

Looks like a double ended crankshaft
Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Ralphbf
My Feedback: (27)

I have one. Starts easy and plenty of power. and easy to convert.

The "2 barrel" seems to be the one with the most power.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Scota4570

Don't know if you have Orchard Supply Hardware back there. My local OSH had Featherlite 25cc blowers for $25 a while back. I got three. I have not converted one yet so I can't comment on if they are any good. Check for refurbished stuff and then haggle with the manager. I got them down to $50 on an echo wacker a while back. I really should have bought it on general principle. Then again I have so much of this stuff.

I have found that saw shops are a bust anymore. I hear the factory reps are warning the owners that they are liable for someone misusing, ie converting, anything they sell.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Yup... they make good power. They are good for sport aerobatics. I was flying one on a wild stick 120. with an APC 18x6w, it would spin 7100 and make close to 12#'s thrust. It would have flown even better if I would have striped more weight off of it... but the pull start was just too convenient.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:35 PM
optech
My Feedback: (9)

Dr. Honda,

Did you shorten the nose on your Goldberg? I've got one of these that I put a ST2500 on. Was thinking about converting it to gas, either with the 2500 or a weedie but even on glow I had to add like a pound of lead to the tail.

Mike
Old 11-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: optech

Dr. Honda,

Did you shorten the nose on your Goldberg? I've got one of these that I put a ST2500 on. Was thinking about converting it to gas, either with the 2500 or a weedie but even on glow I had to add like a pound of lead to the tail.

Mike
Yep. I took 4" off of it. (as I remember) I can measure from the wing forward if you would like. The model balanced without led... but the battery was in the tail.