Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Questions about Aerofly 5 I can't seem to find anwsers to.

Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Questions about Aerofly 5 I can't seem to find anwsers to.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Phantom 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Aerofly 5 I can't seem to find anwsers to.

Hi Mark,
I have just installed Aerofly 5 upgrade. I have been having a ball with it. Using an ATI 4650 with no problem. What I have a question about is this.
I am missing some planes in my program as to what is shown as included in my program on Ikarus website.

Specifically the Bobcat and Hawk eye. Does the patch af5-v50110001 fix this?

Should I run this download?

What planes have tail hooks? I can find none.

If I had a jet with a hook, would it catch the wire on the carrier?

How do you un-hook the tow rope from the glider? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks so very kindly.
Dave Herbert
Http://www.RC-Television.org
~NightFlyyer~
Old 11-14-2010, 05:56 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Questions about Aerofly 5 I can't seem to find anwsers to.

Phantom,
The duplicate of this post is in the correct FORUM, and has received an answer from Rajul.

When he asked that you start a new thread, he meant in that Aerofly support forum. That is the best place to get help.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Phantom 1

Okay thanks. I simply could not find the RIGHT Forum at first (which you neglected to mention), as I do not spend much time in here and am unfamiliar. Excuse me. The only forum I can find right now is RC simulator software discussions. I have looked in there to some extent, but do not see my duplicate post or the answers. Maybe you would be so kind as to send me the correct link. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:06 PM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: Phantom 1

Okay thanks. I simply could not find the RIGHT Forum at first (which you neglected to mention), as I do not spend much time in here and am unfamiliar. Excuse me. The only forum I can find right now is RC simulator software discussions. I have looked in there to some extent, but do not see my duplicate post or the answers. Maybe you would be so kind as to send me the correct link. Thanks.

The last 25 or more posts by you carried on a discussion with Rajul, the Aerofly Representative who services RCU's special forum for Aerofly support. Those were in the "correct forum" so I assumed you didn't need directions. Also, sorry I didn't mention that would be the best place to cover this Aerofly question either.

To get to that forum, go to the RC Flight Simulator Software forum and look toward the top of the page. The one-click link into the Aerofly sub-forum is right up there.

I didn't notice this morning that your prior conversation was some time ago. It was in your history that there were two identical threads which is what brought me here. It's interesting and humorous that identical thead over there was deleted since this morning. Gremlins at work.... I'd move this one for you, because it's better off over there, but don't have the power in this forum.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Phantom 1

Thanks. Yes, I posted questions a long time ago about AeroFly Pro Deluxe. My questions today are about Aerofly 5. I know that there is a person that impersonates me on here and I can tell you his handle if you want. Maybe he is the gremlin?

I'll just call Ikarus-USA in the morning I guess as I can't seem to find that Aerofly 5 forum which Rajul said to place my post in or the answer you said he gave.

Thanks for for your time.
Dave Herbert
Old 11-14-2010, 09:09 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Moved to correct forum
Old 11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: Phantom 1

Hi Mark,
I have just installed Aerofly 5 upgrade. I have been having a ball with it. Using an ATI 4650 with no problem. What I have a question about is this.
I am missing some planes in my program as to what is shown as included in my program on Ikarus website.

Specifically the Bobcat and Hawk eye. Does the patch af5-v50110001 fix this?

Should I run this download?

What planes have tail hooks? I can find none.

If I had a jet with a hook, would it catch the wire on the carrier?

How do you un-hook the tow rope from the glider? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks so very kindly.
Dave Herbert
Http://www.RC-Television.org
~NightFlyyer~
Dave, the 5.1.0.1 patch includes both the models you mentioned. The patch also includes all the models in the older patches, so you only need to install the latest patch. Before you run the latest patch, check the version number printed on your main disk. If it is older than 5.1.0.1, then download and install the patch.

I don't think there's any jet with a hook yet, perhaps in the future.

As for the glider tow, you can find the instructions in section 15.6 of your instruction manual

Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Phantom 1

Hi Mark.
Thanks for the quick answer. I needed to get my product review on RC-Television.org for this week, so did not get the patch installed in time. It is now installed and went in seamlessly.

If you watch my video, (It's already been seen over 1,500 times in 1 day!) you will see I didn't need it.

I did get more planes and the missing ones too. My video says it all. Tell the powers to be that I appreciated the effort it took to develop this software.

On one note, the Glider Tow is listed in my book to go to section 14.6, but there is none. There is a Glider tow section however at 15.6 as you stated.
But there is nothing in there that says how to release the glider. I found the answer though by trial and error.

In the glider tow mode, (setting up modelfunctions) there is a button selection that says "Hook".

It is on the tow plane, Wilga, but releases at the nose of the glider. It works perfectly.

Thanks for all your amazing support. Keep up the good work and please watch my extended video review on Aerofly 5, if you get a chance.

Dave "NightFlyyer" Herbert

[link=http://youtube.com/watch?v=QTSWbXciMbY]Ikarus Aerofly 5 Extended Review and Demonstration by NightFlyyer[/link]

Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Dave, good to know you got the patch going. I had the chance to watch your AF5 video and it was very well prepared! I enjoyed watching it and will post the link to it in the AF5 preview thread. Thank you for your great job!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Phantom 1

Thanks very kindly Mike. I appreciate that.
~NightFlyyer~