Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Dynaflite PT-19 Engine Help!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Dynaflite PT-19 Engine Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:58 AM
ron9844
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynaflite PT-19 Engine Help!!!

I am trying to find out what the distance fron the FIREWALL to the OUTSIDE OF THE COWL FACE IS, I need 6 1/4" for the Gas engine I want to use. Any info would be appreciated.

Ron
Old 11-16-2010, 12:36 PM
hrrcflyer

Default RE: Dynaflite PT-19 Engine Help!!!

Ron,

I lost my Dynaflight PT-19 earlier this year due to dumb thumbs....[:@] However, I still believe I have the instruction manual at home. When I get home I will look for it and see if it says anything about the measurement you need. I will let you know what I find tomorrow.

What gas engine are you considering for your plane? I flew mine with one of the old big block Saito 120's that I got NIB for a song and the plane flew awesome with it. I would think a DLE-20 would be a great motor for the plane....

David
Old 11-16-2010, 12:49 PM
ron9844

I am looking at using a SYSSA 30cc or a DLE 30cc, both have rear carbs.

Ron
Old 11-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Ron,

The distance is 5.25" In mine it would be possible to cut away part of the firewall to allow for a rear mounted carby. I used a OS 108 in mine and am soon to repower so I would like to hear how your "shoe horning" goes.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 11-17-2010, 04:57 PM
warbirdmustang
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a NIB G-23 to power mine when I get around to building it. I traded a built one for an unbuilt kit, so I could add flaps and wing fillets easier, but kept the G23 I had bought for the other one. I remember it being a pretty good fit in the cowling. The new owner has a G38 in it, but I can't remember how much he cut the cowling to mount it.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:34 PM
hrrcflyer

ORIGINAL: Crash Campbell

Hi Ron,

The distance is 5.25'' In mine it would be possible to cut away part of the firewall to allow for a rear mounted carby. I used a OS 108 in mine and am soon to repower so I would like to hear how your ''shoe horning'' goes.

Cheers,

Colin
Hey Crash,

Thanks for posting the info. You saved me having to tell Ron that I could not find the information he needs......
Old 11-17-2010, 06:50 PM
ejmorgan
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Crash Campbell

Hi Ron,

The distance is 5.25'' In mine it would be possible to cut away part of the firewall to allow for a rear mounted carby. I used a OS 108 in mine and am soon to repower so I would like to hear how your ''shoe horning'' goes.

Cheers,

Colin
Hey Crash,

I'm currently building the Dynaflite PT-19 and intend to install an OS 1.08 2-stroke engine. May I ask you why you plan to replace the 108 in your PT-19? Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Ed
Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 PM
ron9844

I want to thank all for the reply's, now I have to think if I want to do such a big mod.

Ron